• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

FANFICTION OR NOT?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dcasd1

my fellow writers i am trying to prove my friend MS. FIESTY KITTY (NOT REAL NAME) wrong about something. if you get your idea for a story say "KINGDOM HEARTS" and you make all the characters yourself, using no disney characters, the worlds yourself, creatures, and even the concept is it still considered a fanfiction?

Last edited:

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
You already know how I feel about it. owo And don't make me look like the bad guy. D: Make me the feisty kitty or something. XD

But, you just said that you're using it based upon KH, borrowing and adjusting a lot of elements for your story. Give examples.

Dcasd1

OH No you don't i will prove to you that it is not a fanfiction!!!! Even if i go...COMPLETELY INSANE!!!

Roa

piece of dying ember
Awards
If it doesn't have any of the characters or anything from KH, no, not really. (You said no concepts)

If it inspires you, then it's still no. :|

But don't be shocked if you get told it's extremely like KH and stuff.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
It kinda depends what you mean when you say "got your story idea form Kingdom Hearts". If you Kingdom Hearts was merely the inspiration for your story, than no it isn't. However, if you borrow the mythos, parts/all of the world/universe, or even if it's obviously based on Kingdom Hearts, then you could call it fanfiction.

Basically, you're going to have to briefly explain your story and what Kingdom Hearts has to do with it.

Tenyas

RE: +"T!red"+
There is a world where people train to become masters of a special weapon, only progressing to 'master' status when they've proven themselves pure enough. There are multiple other worlds, one of which a beach/island. The enemies are made from souls that have been tainted by darkness. And other such things. owo

Roa

piece of dying ember
Awards
There is a world where people train to become masters of a special weapon, only progressing to 'master' status when they've proven themselves pure enough. There are multiple other worlds, one of which a beach/island. The enemies are made from souls that have been tainted by darkness. And other such things. owo
Is that what it's about?

Then i'd say, either ripper, or fanfiction. :|

Dcasd1

EVERY THING MS TENYAS SAID IS TRUE EXCEPT THE MASTER'S PART I TOOK THAT OUT but there maybe apprentices in the story but its different!

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards

From that alone, I wouldn't call it fanfiction. I mean, it's not like "training to be masters of a special weapon", "proving oneself pure", "use of multiple worlds", "beach/island", and "souls tainted by darkness" are what you'd call original concepts. I can assure you that Kingdom Hearts was not the first to utilize these ideas.

Assuming the rest of the story's parallels to Kingdom Hearts are as vague as the aforementioned, I'd say that it's safe to call this original fiction.

EDIT: I should note that when I say "original fiction", I'm not referring to fiction with a unique premise. In this case, "original fiction" merely means the opposite of "fanfiction".

Last edited:

Dcasd1

ok in my story there is no KINGDOM HEARTS there is something known as the Core. when a person dies there soul returns to the core and new one's are born and return to the world's balancing life and death. and unlike kingdom hearts where a heart can be jeopardized by light or darkness i related it to the real world and gave souls light and darkness since no one's soul can be pure since people are not pure. and those souls that are tainted deepy\ in darkness become creatures known as "Shadows". Shadows feed on souls to rid themselves of there endless emptiness they feel. Shadows are cursed to live for all eternal since souls themselves are "eternal". Since there souls are filled with darkness they cannot return to the core and there is only one weapon that can feel them of there torment known as the 'Soul blade". the soul blade when it destroys a shadow can cleanse its soul from the darkness and thus make it return to the core. the soul blade is a powerful weapon born from the soul of a strong person or is the "power in a person's soul awakened". thus few are worthy of wielding the blade .the blade chooses its master and deems them worthy if they pass there "awakening"( only using this now will change later). the awakening is a test but the weapon itself to see it the person's soul is powerful enough and if the person succeeds they will be able to wield the blade and if they don't they will lose there chance forever. and thus the story begins....

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
my fellow writers i am trying to prove my friend MS. FIESTY KITTY (NOT REAL NAME) wrong about something. if you get your idea for a story say "KINGDOM HEARTS" and you make all the characters yourself, using no disney characters, the worlds yourself, creatures, and even the concept is it still considered a fanfiction?

Yes, it is still fanfiction.

ok in my story there is no KINGDOM HEARTS there is something known as the Core. when a person dies there soul returns to the core and new one's are born and return to the world's balancing life and death. and unlike kingdom hearts where a heart can be jeopardized by light or darkness i related it to the real world and gave souls light and darkness since no one's soul can be pure since people are not pure. and those souls that are tainted deepy\ in darkness become creatures known as "Shadows". Shadows feed on souls to rid themselves of there endless emptiness they feel. Shadows are cursed to live for all eternal since souls themselves are "eternal". Since there souls are filled with darkness they cannot return to the core and there is only one weapon that can feel them of there torment known as the 'Soul blade". the soul blade when it destroys a shadow can cleanse its soul from the darkness and thus make it return to the core. the soul blade is a powerful weapon born from the soul of a strong person or is the "power in a person's soul awakened". thus few are worthy of wielding the blade .the blade chooses its master and deems them worthy if they pass there "awakening"( only using this now will change later). the awakening is a test but the weapon itself to see it the person's soul is powerful enough and if the person succeeds they will be able to wield the blade and if they don't they will lose there chance forever. and thus the story begins....

Yes, it is still borderline plagarism.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
If it has Keyblades, Heartless, Nobodies, Unversed, Keychains, Memories, Nothingness, Light and Darkness, and numerous other things taken directly, as in they are the same in name and/or concept, then yes, it's still fanfiction.

A lot of this is the sort of stuff taken from KH, not to mention others.
Let's just say, at the very worst, you'll never get called original.

Dcasd1

ok fine then what won't make my story be a fan fiction then?

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
Completely changing the concept of the story would be a start.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
If you take the feathers off a duck, the bill off a duck, the wings away and the little flappy feet what is it then?

A dead duck.

It's still fanfiction, dear. It's still based off of Kingdom Hearts so it would be a Kingdom Hearts fanfiction. If you're going through that much trouble to make an original fanfiction...why don't you just make a completely original story?

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
I still have a hard time calling it fanfiction. If this is fanfiction, then KH is the fanfiction of a myriad other cliche plots.

HeartOfTheHero

personally i would consider it a story very heavily influenced by KH, but not a fanfiction. but that's just me. You could tweak some of the ideas a bit, give it some more depth in areas and try to take it in a different direction from KH's storyline.
just a suggestion: maybe you could change the soul 'blade' to something else, so it doesn't sound so similar to the keyblade. a different weapon, or possibly even another type of object altogether could add a bit of originality to the story. but like i said, that's just an idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back