• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Fate of A Hero: The Prequel to "The Road to Dawn"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bellaisima358

is now a legit Black Belt in XMA.
Re: Fate of A Hero

Day 5
Science and Magic

"Where are you going? Don't you have a mission?" Axel pondered as Akira departed from the break room that morning. Akira was sipping some apple juice as she shook her head.

"Not today," She said, looking over at the door. Should she go? Vexen's lab....she wasn't good at science, so why go?

"Oh, ok. I'll tell Roxas then," He said. Akira blushed. A sly smile played along Axel's face.

"You like him, don't you?" He asked playfully, poking Akira's shoulder. Akira blushed even more.

"Do not!" She said, shoving him. Axel laughed and rubbed his arm.

"Ha ha, well, if it helps, I think he likes you too," He replied, walking away to go make fun of Demyx. Akira smiled a bit.

"The lab," She reminded herself, leaving the cup on a nearby table and running off.

-----

"Ah, glad you could make it," Vexen said sarcastically. Akira blushed.

"Sorry," She replied. Vexen rolled his eyes. Xemnas walked beside him.

"Well, at least your here," He said.

"W-Why am I here again?" Akira asked doubtfully.

"Ah yes, well, let Vexen explain," Xemnas replied, gesturing to Vexen. He looked down at her.

"We would like to conduct an expirement on you to increase your magical abilities and add some new abilities," He said. Akira understood half of what he said.

Apperantly, her confusion was obvious. "Ugh, Superior, does she have to-"

"I'll do the stupid tests, geez," Akira said. She hated being underestimated. Vexen and Xemnas raised an eyebrow.

"Alright then, step onto the table," Vexen said, a lab table appearing beside him. Akira sighed and sat on it.

"Let the testing begin," She said sarcastically.

------

Vexen and Xemnas studied her for almost an hour and a half. They weighed her, they took hair samples, they took blood tests, they even tested her literacy rate.

"Um, how does this enhance magical ability?" Akira asked as they asked her to hang upside down from a bar. They ignored her and allowed her to sit back down.

"Xemnas, she already has some magical abilities," Vexen concluded. Xemnas raised his brow.

"How so?" Xemnas asked.

"Stick out your palm," Vexen barked at Akira. She did so.

Out of nowhere, Vexen conjured a slim white stick and smacked her on the arm.

"Ow!" Akira whine, and the wierdest thing happened. From the sting, came energy, and from the energy, fire squirted out from her palm.

Akira's jaw dropped. "How did I...?" She was too stunned to finish that question.

"Hm, I see....." Xemnas pondered. Akira raised her brow.

"I have an idea...but it's risky," Xemnas confided with Vexen.

Am I not here? Akira asked herself, rolling her eyes.

"You mean...." Vexen looked at Xemnas. Xemnas nodded.

"What?" Akira asked a bit frantically.

"But-I still have not perfected it! The last one we ran on Xane...."

"It did not fail," Xemnas interrupted Vexen, "It simply did not perform to its complete expectations. I believe Akira can handle this."

They both looked at Akira sitting on the lab table. She looked up at them innocently with her big red eyes.

"What are you going to do to me?" Akira asked slowly.

"Do not worry about it," Xemnas said. "I trust Vexen's expirement will not fail?" He looked over at Vexen, standing with his arms crossed, watching Akira.

"Hm, come to think of it, I believe she will retain it better than Xane," He mumbled to himself, "Alright, Akira, follow me." Akira jumped off the table and followed Xemnas to another room. A room with grey and silver pods with glass in the middle.

"Step in here," Vexen continued, opening the glass. It was a door. Akira did so.

"Now, if you feel any pain, any at all, tap on the door three times. I'll end the procedure and you will be marked as a failure," Vexen concluded. Akira gulped.

"Don't be afraid, young one," Xemnas said, peering into the pod. Akira nodded. Vexen shut the pod.

"Alright, start up the computer. Xemnas, bring me that blue powder and the red liquid on the rack," Vexen ordered. Akira closed her eyes and braced herself. Red and blue fog began to surround Akira in the pod.

"Starting the injection sequence," Vexen commanded, pressing multiple buttons on a computer. Mist entered the pod.

"Now if I'm not mistaken, the chemical reaction shall take exactly five seconds. Starting in five," Vexen counted down. Akira breathed in the mist.

"Four," Akira felt a tingling sensation in her body, especially at her head. She wanted to tap, but she was stronger than that.

"Three," The tingling felt like fire and ice inside her body. Tap! Akira shouted in her head. NO! She replied.

"Two," The sensation suddenly stopped. Akira started to glow.

"One." Akira opened her eyes. They glowed white.

Traskix

Pie Equals Friendship in YO FACE!

first i was like awwwwww then GASP!!! its getting good!!

Last edited:

Bellaisima358

Day 5
Great Minds Think Alike

"Did...did it work?" Xemnas stuttered. Vexen stared at the girl with glowing eyes and mouth wide open.

-----

Akira gasped for air and closed her eyes again. She collapsed in the pod.

----

"Get her out of there, Vexen!" Xemnas ordered. Vexen did so, and the pod opened it's glass case, releasing multi colored fog. It cleared, revealing the unconcious maiden strewn in the pod. Vexen pulled her out, dragging her lightly. He then lifted her up.

"Oof, not the lightest, now, is she?" He sarcastically. Xemnas chuckled a bit. Vexen set her back on the lab table, on her back.

"Now, too see if she's not dead..." Vexen sighed. He held his hand up, aiming at Akira's stomach. He set it down.

"Ach!" Akira coughed, sitting up. She looked at Vexen with a blank expression. Her eyes widened.

"H-how are you talking without your lips moving!?" Akira accused frantically.

-------

Alright, if my calculations are correct, the brain has cross interacted with the chemicals inserted-

"Ach!" Akira coughed as a pain in her stomach formed. Vexen had just hit her!

Akira? Can you hear me?

"H-how are you talking without your lips moving!?" Akira accused frantically. Vexen finally smiled.

"It worked." He said, clapping his hands together.

"It worked?" Xemnas gaped, amazed. "Brilliant! We must test it out at once!"

"What worked?" Akira asked.

Can you hear me? Xemnas's voice rang in her head. Akira raised an eyebrow, letting her jaw drop. She nodded slowly.

Yes....yes I can, Akira answered in her head, jumping off the table.

"Wonderful! Bring in Xane!" Xemnas said overgleefully. That didn't suit his demeanor.

Wait....had he said Xane? Akira's eyes widened.

"You called Superior?" a female's voice asked behind Akira.

Ugh, stupid brat is here, a voice echoed in her head.

Shut up, you pinhead! Akira retaliated in her head, crossing her arms as Xane stood beside Akira. Xane narrowed her eyes at her.

Why don't you make me, hogbreath!? Xane replied in her head, putting her fist on the lab table.

Oh give it a rest, blonde, Akira thought, smiling slyly. Xane ground her teeth together.

"That's it!" She shouted, summoning a blade. Two could play at that game. Akira summoned her key shaped blade.

"Girl's, enough!" Xemnas ordered, regaining his superior posture and standing in between them. He looked over at Vexen. Vexen nodded.

"Well, number fourteen and Xane, it seems you have a new gift," Vexen announced. Xane snorted.

"And what 'gift' would that be? The phsyco expiriment you pulled on me!?" Xane shouted angrily. Akira stiffled a giggle. This girl had some bad attitude problems.

"You both have the power to read minds. And Akira has the power of telekinises, force, and the power to stop time." Vexen continued.

"Might as well make her super girl," Xane mumbled. Xemnas punched her in the arm.

"You two are dismissed," Xemnas growled. Akira and Xane snapped their head and glared at eachother, black at their feet. They dissapeared.

-----

"So Xemnas," Saix casually strode with him through the castle halls, "Why expirement on the girl?"

"The more ability and power she has, the easier it will be for her to gain the princess's descendant's hearts," Xemnas explained, "And I see potential in her.....even if she dies, we'll have her nobody, won't we?" He humourosly smiled. Saix smiled wickidley.

"Ah, that would be refreshing," Saix chuckled darkly. They dissaperead into a dark portal.

Traskix

Pie Equals Friendship in YO FACE!

Oooooh i get it now and they are evil geniuses like someone i kno lol

Chaosmax

Dream.Drop.Distance.

This is really good, but I have a question. Why does everyone want romance in the story? I mean does it make it better or worse?

Bellaisima358

Day 6
The First Mission

"Akira and Xane," Xemnas called, "Beast's Castle."

"What!?" They shouted in unison, almost falling off their seats. Xemnas shot a dark look at them.

"Have you got a problem with that?" He challenged. Akira gulped and shook her head.

"Hell yeah, I got a problem with tha-"

"Well then, off you go before I turn you into dusks," Xemnas threatened. Akira didn't hesitate, leaving the room. Xane on the other hand, glared at him. Xemnas glared back, eyes flaring, and Xane smirked, leaving the room.

----

"Ugh, let's get this over with," Xane groaned, summoning her blade. Akira did so as well.

"What's on the agenda?" Xane demanded, rolling her eyes. A pop up menu opened in front of them.

"Mission: Observe and report general activity in Beast's Castle. Find pure of heart. And....collect hearts." Akria read aloud. "What's 'pure of heart'?"

"Obviously someone who's pure of heart." Xane said sarcastically. Akira shook off her sarcasm.

"Well then, let's get started," Akira smiled as heartless started appearing. She and Xane lunged for them.

-----

"Well so far," Xane lifted her hands above her head, "Nothin' but NOTHIN'!"

"Shut up!" Akira said, shushing her. "We're not supposed to get caught."

"Like if I care if we get caught...might as well let the world know I got replaced by some secondhand brat-"

"Just give it a rest, Xane! The sooner we scan the area, the sooner you can leave!" Akira whispered loudly. Xane sighed. She had a point there.

"Thank you. Now, all we have left is this-"

"Master must be very mad," a heavily french accented voice said from in front. Akira and Xane hid behind a pillar.

"What was that?" Xane asked, sounding truly scared.

"Let me see," Akira said, assuming the position. She peered over the pillar a bit.

A walking candlestick-yes, walking-started to a door. Then, he turned back. He kept going back and forth repeatedly.

"Its...a candlestick," Akira said, coming back to stand with Xane.

"A candlestick!?" Xane said loudly. Akira covered her mouth.

"Who is there?" The french accented voice asked.

"Now you've done it!" Akira whispered. Xane smiled sheepishly. They hid deeper in the shadows.

Stay still, Akira said in her head.

I don't take orders from y-

Just stay still!
Akira shouted in her head. Xane sighed in exasperation beside her.

"Hm, must be my imagination," The french voice said. It dwindled away. Akira peered away from the pillar, and looked over at the door.

"Ok, we need to get through that candlestick and to that door," Akira said, gesturing at the big wooden door, "all without getting caught."

"Well, that's a problem." Xane said, rolling her eyes.

"Wait...I think I know how to get through," Akira said, having a silent epiphany. She summoned a forcefield, Xane and herself incased in it.

"You really think this will work!?" Xane whispered angrily. Akira shushed her and nodded. They started making there way forward.

"Ok, dissapear," Akira closed her eyes tightly, and waited.

Since when do you have invisibility?! Xane asked in her head. Akira opened her eyes.

It had worked. The candlestick could not see them.

They were invisible.

( what do you mean everyone wants romance in this story, chaosmax?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back