• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Harry Potter

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
tumblr_inline_nnpggirPW41t3pc8j_500.gif

the emotion

redcrown

Awards
I am so looking forward to Fantastic Beasts and the opening of the Wizarding World of HP in LA. It'll be a great year for Harry Potter, minus Alan Rickman's death.

Last edited:

redcrown

Awards
For once I'm going to disregard JK's word on something about the Wizarding World. For there to only be 11 schools in the entire world for magical people is really unimaginative and not enough. She has been known to be terrible with numbers, but that is ridiculous. Is it just a coincidence that 3 of the 11 are in Europe? c'mon JK

*showing my true HP nerd colors*

Last edited:

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Pretty sure Rowling just makes a lot of stuff up as she goes and spits it out in public to remain relevant.

redcrown

Awards
I don't mind too much for everything not to be thought of and planned beforehand. But it has to make sense and fit with the rest of the HP lore/history. At least put some thought into it when you add something as expansive as other wizarding schools. She has actually done this well for most of her other additions/extensions.

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I hate the name of the Japanese school. It is very uncreative. :c

Edit: I should clarify why I hate it. Mahoutokoro 魔法所 is literally "Magic/Magical Place". :|

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'm pissed that ain't no Aussie Wizard school like that entire section of the map is barren.

Same with China and India. How is there not one school between those three massive places?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah, Asia has the largest concentration of people in the world. To not have a major historical and ancient magic school at least in China or India is weird. Also the location of the Japanese school is horrid. Iwo Jima wasn't colonized until the 19th century by Japan. There are so many other places in Japan that Rowling could have used that would have been much better.

Idk, I don't think these were well thought out at all.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
So, wonder if Rowling is starting to feel tempted to write about the adventures of Albus and possibly Scorpius?

KeyofEvil'sBane

Space Duck
Termina, wondering why everyone looks familiiar
For once I'm going to disregard JK's word on something about the Wizarding World. For there to only be 11 schools in the entire world for magical people is really unimaginative and not enough. She has been known to be terrible with numbers, but that is ridiculous. Is it just a coincidence that 3 of the 11 are in Europe? c'mon JK

*showing my true HP nerd colors*

That article seemed to state that there are 11 schools that are "well established and prestigious". I'm certain there are plenty of smaller options for schools, but those are the big names

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
So... what the hell is this new Magical Beasts movie and what connections to Harry potter does it have aside from the fact that the characters in the film use magic?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
So... what the hell is this new Magical Beasts movie and what connections to Harry potter does it have aside from the fact that the characters in the film use magic?

its a prequel set in the same universe about the three brother I'm psure.

Back