• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Harry Potter

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I have to say that I like this teaser better than the initial trailer. Not that I thought that one was bad, or anything like that. It just felt a bit too straight-forward to me, and so I was worried about what the writing for the film might be like?

Now, though, the new trailer seems to be showing that this story has much of the same flare and mystery that we loved from the original series, so I'm excited:D

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Now that they included the Harry Potter theme and said "Dumbledore" most people will be able to know what this movie is now. lol

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Too lazy to make a thread on the play and y'all yell if things aren't in megathreads but I just finished the Cursed Child.

Hahahahahahha holy fuck. They took the extreme and just bolted with it. I found it certainly enjoyable, but a lot of it was so random and ooc that there were times I audibly was like "hahahhahahaha what the fuck".

also fuck that Albus and Scorpius were not a couple by the end, the whole play reeks of gay.

#AnythingFromTheTrolley?

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Too lazy to make a thread on the play and y'all yell if things aren't in megathreads but I just finished the Cursed Child.

Hahahahahahha holy fuck. They took the extreme and just bolted with it. I found it certainly enjoyable, but a lot of it was so random and ooc that there were times I audibly was like "hahahhahahaha what the fuck".

also fuck that Albus and Scorpius were not a couple by the end, the whole play reeks of gay.

#AnythingFromTheTrolley?

My grandma sad that she ordered Cursed Child for me, so yay for saving me money. On the other hand, she had it sent to her house instead of mine, so I still haven't had a chance to start it.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
@Swoosh They've released the script in book form so that people can read it.

So, here I my thoughts on the CC (without spoilers): I enjoyed it a lot.

In fact, I read it in one night--err, morning--after getting it at midnight, because I couldn't put it down.

Granted, I went into it with absolutely no expectations, so that's probably why I was able to like it. I thought the play would be some cute, cheesy stuff with Harry and Albus (with little to no plot, and certainly no amazing effects), and maybe last just a year with some Hogwarts shenanigans, perhaps? But what we got is so much more than that! It really is the eighth story nineteen years later... Well, more like a mini-episode, actually.

But at the same time... I can completely understand why so many people hate it, and why the "Potter" name has dropped a bit with this, in some people's eyes.

In fact, in trying to sleep last night, I couldn't help thinking how awful it was in some rights (and it was), but it's definitely not the worst thing I've ever come across in my life.

I can look at it as non-canon and love it that way (I'll probably never be able to see it as canon, tbh), but even then it's kind of disappointing in a lot of regards.

But at the same time, I don't know what else you could do with a HP sequel, so this is probably the best one that ever could've been done with it, and I'm glad we have it and not something worse.

I give it a thumb to the side.

But I most definitely want to see the play. Just from reading it, it seems spectacular. I can't even imagine how they did some of that stuff, so here's hoping I get to see it someday!:D

I will say that the dialect for everyone felt really good to me. Just through the dialogue, the characters (mostly) felt like themselves, and I could always tell who was talking even if I didn't read the names. And that takes quite a bit of talent.

Scorpius Malfoy is a precious cinnamon roll that needs to be protected at all costs, and was the best part of this narrative, hands down.

Max

Staff member
Awards
Finally got my copy of Cursed Child today, I don't anticipate it taking me very long to read.

Max

Staff member
Awards
With some of the stage descriptions the screenplay has, it really makes me wonder how they pull this off live in a play

I would love to actually be able and go to see this.

Also, holy cow do the years fly by in this thing.

Last edited:

Max

Staff member
Awards
Is this worth checking out? The last Harry Potter-related thing that I saw was the last movie.

If you're already familiar with the series and you're curious about where the characters ended up 19 years later, then it might be worth a whirl for you. I'm a pretty huge fan, so I'll take anything they throw at me.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
If you're already familiar with the series and you're curious about where the characters ended up 19 years later, then it might be worth a whirl for you. I'm a pretty huge fan, so I'll take anything they throw at me.

Yeah, I am kind of familiar where the characters are now.

I had some time where I stopped watching Harry Potter, but that's probably a can of worms that shouldn't be opened. I never finished reading the book series. I wasn't really pulled in when I read the first book.

Max

Staff member
Awards
Yeah, I am kind of familiar where the characters are now.

I had some time where I stopped watching Harry Potter, but that's probably a can of worms that shouldn't be opened. I never finished reading the book series. I wasn't really pulled in when I read the first book.

In my opinion, the books just get better and better as they go. I kind of felt like the books aged with their audience.

Max

Staff member
Awards
What do you think of the first book?

I also heard that Draco Malfoy might be a werewolf.

I like the first book, but I also have nostalgia goggles when I read it. I first read that book when I was 9 years old in third grade, and back then I thought it was the greatest thing in the world. It's still okay now, but it definitely feels like more of a children's book than the later ones (not necessarily a bad thing, just stating that it kind of shows).

Awards
That's one of the things I adore about this series, how the books truly did age with their audience. I also agree that the books get much, much better as they go along. Deathly Hallows is probably my favorite book of all time.

I was never a big fan of the movies, I have to admit. I really only even like movies 5-8 now honestly; anything before OOTP is kinda meh to me. And even the later movies are good, not great.

Back