• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

HK makes sigs

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Not too bad! (Thanks for putting those up on Photobucket for me :)

What I would say to you is: your tags are mostly good, but some of your stocks are very low quality. I love the color use in your tags. Some of them feel really old school, are you using older tuts? Lastly, your foregrounds could use some work, your stocks are not meshing well with your backgrounds (this isn't always the case however). Will you be entering the Signature of the Month contest? I can show you where to get some great spirte sheets.

HK Motendra

Awards
Well, the tuts I have been using were from browsing GIMPtalk, which I'm not even sure when the place died out, so I guess they are, haha. And I would very much appreciate that :]

HK Motendra

Awards
GUESS WHO'S STILL ALIVE

To explain my absence for a good 4 months, I was computerless the whole time, along with just handling things irl as they came along. Thankfully, it was just recently revived a few days ago, and with it, just to see if I still got it, managed one sig (I know, so small a presentation this time around ]:)

0rGXVcx.png

I tried to pay more attention on flow with this one, and I really like the result. Any feedback is appreciated [:

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
Your newest sig is some much better than all your previous ones, you improve each time you make a new sig and that's amazing. C:

What I would really like to see is more contrasting colours in your sigs, that will make it more interesting. You can use a site like this to help you with stuff like that.

Another thing you need to work on is lighting/shadows which you've done better with in your newest sig. However, I personally would prefer it more if there were more dark areas in your sig. I feel like the top left corner could be a lot darker than what it is. I also think some of your shadows needs to go on top of everything in the sig, to create help create depth. I really like the lighting behind the stock though but I'm being drawn to it so maybe it would be better if the light source was closer to character in the sig.

HK Motendra

Awards
Admittedly, I did these two a while earlier, but wasn't certain on a few things as I was doing them, and then just kinda forgot to post them here ^^;. As much as I want to say I made an attempt on lighting, I'm.... not too sure how well I did so. Along with lighting, I did consider coloring, even though it is much more apparent in the latter tag.

VglEPuE.png

lTJManq.png

Also, while surfing the web, I came across this term called "Selective Color". Never have I known about it, but how would I do that?

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Admittedly, I did these two a while earlier, but wasn't certain on a few things as I was doing them, and then just kinda forgot to post them here ^^;. As much as I want to say I made an attempt on lighting, I'm.... not too sure how well I did so. Along with lighting, I did consider coloring, even though it is much more apparent in the latter tag.

VglEPuE.png

lTJManq.png

Also, while surfing the web, I came across this term called "Selective Color". Never have I known about it, but how would I do that?

Hey, I can access Deviant Art now, if you want to upload your sigs there. I want to see where you're at.

Noel

Awards
They are absolutely much better than your opening post tags. Much props to you man. I'm amused with the bottom with Aqua, however I feel like the blur feels out uve' place at some places. Did you use the brush or effect?

Also the outline stroke, I'd say it really isn't needed. It actually loses the inviting feeling you get when you look at something. Immersed is the word I'm looking for, if you take the outline stroke out it'd feel more immersed and blended with the background uve' the site.

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
There's a selective colour adjustment layer in photoshop which is how you use it, but you're using gimp aren't you? I don't know if there is selective colour specifically in there but I think the colour levels are something similar?

Basically selective colour adjusts certain colours in the image. You can use it to adjust all the colours separately, so basically if I wanted to make all the red portions of the image more pink without changing the other colours then I could do that. You can also use it to bring out certain colours in a greyscaled image.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Yo, they're pretty good, but make sure your canvas is at 300 dpi, because your tags seem a little blurry or slightly pixelated, or something.

HK Motendra

Awards
There's a selective colour adjustment layer in photoshop which is how you use it, but you're using gimp aren't you? I don't know if there is selective colour specifically in there but I think the colour levels are something similar?

Basically selective colour adjusts certain colours in the image. You can use it to adjust all the colours separately, so basically if I wanted to make all the red portions of the image more pink without changing the other colours then I could do that. You can also use it to bring out certain colours in a greyscaled image.
So then something equivalent to this?
49d4b3d9fb.png

I've gotten into experimenting with it, but not yet to be effective.

Yo, they're pretty good, but make sure your canvas is at 300 dpi, because your tags seem a little blurry or slightly pixelated, or something.
By that, do you mean resolution when starting up?

iDrops

It's a Farce...
Awards
It is something like that, except there are options to change the colours of the black/greys/whites. That still works too though, you should experiment with it some more until you get good results. I found it annoying to use at first but now I use it most of the time.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Yeah, you want to make your starting resolution at least 300 dpi. You shouldn't need more than that for a sig.

HK Motendra

Awards
Welp, my computer's pretty much fried and because of that, am in need of another. Which means, even though I had quite a few WIPs that I wanted to finish up along with other ideas I've gotten, chances are that this may or may not be my last creation. Its also what I believe to be my first actual decent attempt at using color adjustments, while trying to hold myself back on possibly going overboard.

I'd like to give a special thanks to all who kept up with my inconsistent delivery, along with the immensely helpful feedback and critique you all gave me with each and every showcase.
3zQSona.png

... Hang on, apparently I forgot about one beside that one that I did prior, as a request

WSHBujK.png

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Something is still severely wonky with your contrast dude. They're really hard for me to look at, not because they don't look good, but because they're waaaaay too sharp, well the Sora one is. The other is too blurry. Idk. They're also just too chaotic for my taste. Like, my tags are busy, but they're not so chaotic in the background that they're distracting. It needs to be more cohesive. The parts need to equal the whole, but right now you've got a lot of parts, and too many unfinished ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back