• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How can Riku perform the MoM exam without a Keyblade?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Supernova Zander

This is also my response to everyone saying Soul Eater is a Keyblade.

Uhm, didn't Riku use Soul Eater BEFORE he knew he was the "true Chosen One" in KH1? I'm pretty sure he used that in the battles where he was present before this time and after. I'm pretty sure the kid would've known he was a Keyblade wielder if he'd been using Soul Eater the whole time and it was supposed to be a Keyblade, which it is not. It doesn't even have a Keychain and the design is so foreign to a normal Keyblade type that it's just not all that plausible. =\

Just because it doesn't have a Keychain doesn't mean it can't be/isn't a Keyblade. The ones in the Keyblade Graveyard don't have Keychains either, but they're still Keyblades, and TAV's Keyblades didn't have Keychains until BbS was announced and screenshots were shown, but we still called them Keyblades. And if Riku could use Soul Eater before he knew he was the original person chosen to wield it, he would've been using it on Destiny Islands instead of his wooden sword. And again, he defeats Heartless with it and hearts are released, which only Keyblades can do, so it IS a Keyblade.

PianoxLullaby

Website
www.pianoxlullaby.deviantart.com
Just because it doesn't have a Keychain doesn't mean it can't be/isn't a Keyblade. The ones in the Keyblade Graveyard don't have Keychains either, but they're still Keyblades, and TAV's Keyblades didn't have Keychains until BbS was announced and screenshots were shown, but we still called them Keyblades. And if Riku could use Soul Eater before he knew he was the original person chosen to wield it, he would've been using it on Destiny Islands instead of his wooden sword. And again, he defeats Heartless with it and hearts are released, which only Keyblades can do, so it IS a Keyblade.

When exactly are hearts released?
And what are you talking about? Riku didn't know anything about being the "true Keyblade Wielder" until Hollow Bastion. He could've used it all throughout the game up until that point and after once Sora took his back.

Supernova Zander

When exactly are hearts released?
And what are you talking about? Riku didn't know anything about being the "true Keyblade Wielder" until Hollow Bastion. He could've used it all throughout the game up until that point and after once Sora took his back.

Hearts are released whenever Emblem Heartless are defeated with a Keyblade. Riku defeats Heartless with it up until Soul Eater's change into Way to the Dawn, and every time a heart is released.
Also, I don't know what I'm talking about in that case, to answer your question. :p

PianoxLullaby

Website
Hearts are released whenever Emblem Heartless are defeated with a Keyblade. Riku defeats Heartless with it up until Soul Eater's change into Way to the Dawn, and every time a heart is released.
Also, I don't know what I'm talking about in that case, to answer your question. :p

↑ Kingdom Hearts II Ultimania, "Scenario Mysteries"; Tetsuya Nomura: "Since Riku has always been using Soul Eater, he still calls it that even after it changed form. Keyblades aren't something that you can obtain suddenly out of nowhere so in Riku's case, his Soul Eater was used as an intermediary for that Keyblade."

I just don't see the point in Soul Eater TRANSFORMING INTO A KEYBLADE if it already was one. =\ I think because it's made up of the Darkness in Riku's heart that he's able to release hearts with it. The thing about Soul Eater is that it uses the HP taken from enemies to unleash greater attacks, sucking the life out of them. IMO, that would be a possible explanation as to how it can release hearts, but that's just me.

Supernova Zander

↑ Kingdom Hearts II Ultimania, "Scenario Mysteries"; Tetsuya Nomura: "Since Riku has always been using Soul Eater, he still calls it that even after it changed form. Keyblades aren't something that you can obtain suddenly out of nowhere so in Riku's case, his Soul Eater was used as an intermediary for that Keyblade."

I just don't see the point in Soul Eater TRANSFORMING INTO A KEYBLADE if it already was one. =\ I think because it's made up of the Darkness in Riku's heart that he's able to release hearts with it. The thing about Soul Eater is that it uses the HP taken from enemies to unleash greater attacks, sucking the life out of them. IMO, that would be a possible explanation as to how it can release hearts, but that's just me.

Well, I like to think about it like this: If Soul Eater was used as an intermediary for Way to the Dawn, then Soul Eater is just a incomplete form of Way to the Dawn. Although rather than thinking of it as an incomplete form, I consider it more of a "downgraded version" of Way to the Dawn, and it's upgraded/true form was unlocked when Riku found his balance between light and darkness, which Way to the Dawn represents. But as you have your opinion, that's just mine. Also, the taking enemy's HP and using it to strengthen your attacks is just a gameplay element for Riku, really; actually, does that happen at all in the games? :S
Never-the-less, Soul Eater is a Keyblade whichever way you look at it.

NotaHero21

Heres the answer everyone is now going to stop talking about this ridicules but hurt topic.

We know that in some way 3d will take place in the past, weather this be accomplished by time traveling or by an illusion the sora and riku you see there are the sora and riku of kh2, taking the appearance of their former selves in order to match the distorted world around them. In this way riku's keyblade way to the dawn takes the appearance of soul eater while retaining all it previous properties. It takes this appearance because of the influence of the illusion it is in much the same as sora and riku will. Better still it could be implemented later and is only being used in the current screens that we've seen so far.

Now again drop this stupid topic :/

PianoxLullaby

Website
Heres the answer everyone is now going to stop talking about this ridicules but hurt topic.

We know that in some way 3d will take place in the past, weather this be accomplished by time traveling or by an illusion the sora and riku you see there are the sora and riku of kh2, taking the appearance of their former selves in order to match the distorted world around them. In this way riku's keyblade way to the dawn takes the appearance of soul eater while retaining all it previous properties. It takes this appearance because of the influence of the illusion it is in much the same as sora and riku will. Better still it could be implemented later and is only being used in the current screens that we've seen so far.

LOL, there's a difference between being butthurt and trying to explain something or counter an argument.
And I think it's a legit topic. We don't know much about KH3D. Who's to say it's time travel OR illusions? We can't know for sure yet so let people ponder.

Destiny's End

The Best in the World at What I Do

How is it going to take place in the past in the story is set to take place after KH2? I think Sora & Riku's appearance are Yen Sid's doing, but I'm not going to get into that right now.

Also, we don't know much about the game yet, just that it'll be about The Mark of Mastery Exam, only one of the all NEW Worlds have been revealed, and you can now use the enviornment to fight Heartless.

Last edited:

NotaHero21

How is it going to take place in the past in the story is set to take place after KH2? I think Sora & Riku's appearance are Yen Sid's doing, but I'm going to get into that right now.

Also, we don't know much about the game yet, just that it'll be about The Mark of Mastery Exam, only one of the all NEW Worlds have been revealed, and you can now use the enviornment to fight Heartless.

Ummm did you only read the part of my post you bolded, please read an entire section before feeling the need to try calling me out on something I didn't say. Thats called putting words in my mouth

Crystal

Silver Member
So.. with the sword talks.. what is the different between sword and keyblade in KH? Keyblade with keychain, sword without a keychain?

Destiny's End

:rolleyes: Looks like we've reached an Impasse. We'll be at this all night, so let's just agree to disagree and drop this little arguement.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Sorry,going to bring this up.

This could be a dream based in reality. Illusions would make the plot irrelevant and would waste the time of the gamer. Time travel is a route nobody wants KH to take. There is an importance in Dreams obviously so why not make it a dream in reality? Like how Tidus is a dream existing in reality.

NotaHero21

This could be a dream based in reality. Illusions would make the plot irrelevant and would waste the time of the gamer. Time travel is a route nobody wants KH to take. There is an importance in Dreams obviously so why not make it a dream in reality? Like how Tidus is a dream existing in reality.

I'd be interested as to why that changes sora and riku's appearence

Destiny's End

Gonna need a little help with this one. I tried to get your Tidus example, but I haven't played FFX in........well a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back