• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► I am lousy person

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guernsey

Awards
Man, my conversation with my mom made me realize how I take them for granted. I had been in my own world since I was small and I shut people out but I wish I was enver recluse. I don't want to lose anyone but treasured habits are somewhat difficult to break. what should I do?

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Well I think I get we're you're coming from.

If you feel like you've been a douche to the people you care about, take the time to apologize for any idiotic behaviour and sincerly thank them for all the good they've given you.

Guernsey

Awards
Thnaks. I guess I should start by striking conversations or even small talk with them.

State

Awards
Just show them how much you care for them. Even the smallest bit of appreciation means something to them, if they truly appreciate you, that is. You'll learn lots of things about those "close" to you by doing so.

IceBlueWings

もっともっと&#
Thnaks. I guess I should start by striking conversations or even small talk with them.

Yes, never too late to start a small conversation, whatever it may be. I'm not very talkative to my parents too, but I've been more open than before. Sometimes I randomly tell them about things that's been happening in my life that they become slightly surprised. I even told my dad about who I liked in school randomly. I'm sure you'll see that they'd be happy hearing or doing anything, and it makes you feel good too (at least for me it does).

Katurian

I haven't had a good relationship with my parents for the last couple of years. I have been kicked out for my behavior. People are always willing to forgive, dont' forget that. I treated my parents so disrespectfully but they still forgave me. It took baby steps, but it started with small talk. Eventually, I opened up to my mom about some problems I had been dealing with and she didn't care about what happened in the past and talked to me. Now, we're not best friends or anything, but we call eachother (I live in a different than my parents do) a couple of times a week to catch up. My parents are my parents and they still care about me even though I treated them terribly.

I know that this really isn't any advice, but I hope it helps :)

CaptainMarvelQ8

Bronze Member
Awards
it's a good thing that you're trying to change
but it may be hard for some,start out by small things and try to apologize for what bad actions you've done
then hopefully by time they'd open up to you

Guernsey

Awards
I don't know why I still get chewed out doing something worng by my dad, I guess he didn't see the changes I am making I suppose.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
you sound like my sister... and sadly i find her to be a lousy person. but im sure she is way, way, way worse than you...
small talk is always a good start.

edit:
sometimes it might take longer to see you have changed for the better. try to be positive all the time, if you have or get a bad rep from someone it may take a while to clear it. ( your rep can make or break you )

Last edited:

Fortissimo

You're not a lousy person. Everyone goes through a time period of shutting themselves in, no mater the length. If these people mean so much to you, you're going to have to communicate that with them, weather it be sharing something deep with them or small talk or just apologizing for not being as open if you feel the need to. Anyway you can, just show how much you care. Take your time. Don't just leap in there and be all "I LOVE YOU"...might freak them out. Anyway, a lot of the stuff already said on here sounds like good ideas. Its a gradual process of opening up.

Good luck man. I hope this helps in anyway it can,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back