• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I think I know how to bring back Xion!!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gram

Banned
Awards
i dont want her or roxas back that'd make their sad ending freakin pointless like diz's or maleficents has been

sora364

Inactive until DDD NA Release.
Awards
I always thought that bringing back Ven, Roxas, and Xion would actually kill Sora at some point. I don't see how he could survive without a heart, body, or memories.

Ventus' heart is not necessitated in order to sustain Sora's life. So that isn't an issue. Sora has already survived without a body, as Roxas is his body. Sora lost his original body immediately upon releasing Kairi's heart. With Sora's body (Roxas) containing Ventus' heart, Sora's empty body took on the form of Ventus. In duration of this, Kairi restored Sora to his original form following his transformation into a heartless. Sora was technically still heartless while in this state, but with a human body. Roxas was the former. So basically after the events of Hollow Bastion: Sora no longer has his original body (and soul apparently) nor Ventus' heart. So he's fine without either.

As for Xion...I get somewhat perplexed with her. I'm not sure Sora could "survive" without her...as she is his memories given form. If he lost Xion (which in turn would be Roxas as well, seeing as though they're merged) he would either lose his memories or go back into a comatose state.

If I'm missing something, someone please correct me. KH's plot is growing more and more convoluted with each installment...>_>

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I think I know how to bring Xion back
*sighs...reaches for gun*
B!tch doesn't know how to stay dead...

Anyway on a serious note. I think Xion should remain among deceased because her end was much to epically dramatic to just downplay like some classic disney movie...oh wait...this is kingdom hearts...the home of Disney cliche!

But on the more serious serious note. Her theme mixed in with her end forced me to feel remorse for the fabrication so I think she has my respect more when she is dead rather than alive. and to be honest, Roxas' line
Ven's Emo half brother Aqua love child twice removed said:
"Who else will I have Icecream with?!"
just tugged on my heart strings a little more cuz he sounded like those little kids who's parents died in front of them and they are like "papa, wake up, papa. we have to go home now papa." pinky and the brain type thing. where they are worried about the little every day things instead of the fact that they are gone for good.

Lul.

A Xion lover. Obviously, a person who hasn't been exposed to the world outside of his/her room.

But even for that species, most of them hate Xion...

WHYYYY would ANYONE want that jailbait, fanfic of a character back....?

Epif

The Delicious
Website
epiphany-delirium.tumblr.com
1 Her sacrifice would be unimportant.
2 She would steal memories from Sora again.
3 Namine would most likely have to be brought back to fix the memory issues AGAIN.

-or-

1 Her sacrifice would be unimportant.
2 She would have no memories of her own, save the ones after she came into existence.
3 She would look for a dark corner somewhere, so she could mope.
4 She would mope.
5 Camera pans out with her theme song making the scene really sad.
6 We never see her again, with Fawners thinking she'll make an EPIC return in a future installment and H8ers fearing she'll rape more character's developments.

sora364

Awards
For the life of me...I cannot comprehend the amount of hate Xion gets. Can someone please clarify? It seems like it's a trend to revile the character's very existence.

Epif

The Delicious
Website
1 The game she was introduced was supposed to reveal things on characters we've seen in previous installments, yet that same game revealed more about Xion than any other character (the other characters were basically ignored).
2 I'm a writer, and I can say that Xion's character is not something that should go in the final product (I don't mean "Xion" herself, but what would be on her "char temp").
3 The playable character was treated as a part of the supporting cast, instead of the main character.
4 Xion, a non-playable character, was treated as the main character, instead of a part of the supporting cast, which she technically was.

If you think that's inadequate, then I suggest that you go to the Xion Critics' and Lulz Club.

For the life of me...I cannot comprehend the amount of hate Xion gets. Can someone please clarify? It seems like it's a trend to revile the character's very existence.
It's kind of like this - the very nature of Days' story is practically lifted from a choppy piece of writing from Fanfiction.net, right? Exploring the unexplored that really doesn't even warrant exploring? The relationship between Roxas and Axel? More limelight with characters that have as much personality as a 20-year old plank of wood? Check.

But wait! A new challenger joins the fight! Xion, a lovely young lass that looks just like Kairi! And she has a Keyblade! And for no real reason at all, is invited into Roxas' and Axel's circle of friends! Sounds a lot like the author putting herself into the story? ...Check.

And that, my friend, is Xion's raison d'etre. The scrappy. Not only was Days completely unnecessary, but in truth, whatever little character dynamic there was between Roxas and the Organization, she completely obliterated it.

My personal favorite reason, though? Everyone magically forgets her, resetting the canon back to square - more or less pushing the player into forgetting her as well the moment they decide to pop back in KH2, which begs the question...why was she there to begin with!?

That, friend, is the penultimate cocktail for worst writing of the century.

If that, however, still doesn't clarify, I'll try to simplify further: She's was completely, utterly crow-barred into the canon.

Last edited:

Relix

A traveler
Awards
to the above two comments: Amen. They pretty much wrapped it up.

Not to mention she really messed up Deep Dive/Another Side, Another Story scene for me. She was all over that scene. How in the hell are you gonna tell me that Xion was what spurred Roxas to throw Oblivion to Riku and asked Riku to stop Roxas, instead of having Roxas not want to die and let someone help him out, and have Riku uhm kick his ass because he feels the need he has to?

I don't hate Xion. I hate what they made her into. The main character of Days that is not to be seen or given relevance in any other game EVER!

sora364

Awards
3 The playable character was treated as a part of the supporting cast, instead of the main character.
4 Xion, a non-playable character, was treated as the main character, instead of a part of the supporting cast, which she technically was.

I can see why some would be led to believe that, but I am afraid I am inclined to disagree. From my perspective: Roxas, Xion, and Axel, were all the protagonists, not just Roxas on his lonesome. I never once perceived Roxas and Axel to fall under a "supporting cast." I do agree that screen time prevalently revolved around Xion, which would come at the vast discontent of those wishing to delve deeper into the relationship of Roxas and Axel. I can empathize with those who shared these sentiments...though...I felt it was necessary as Xion was a crucial part of Roxas' character development.

Nonetheless, I appreciate you and Science Vessel elaborating on the Xion hate. So basically: She a useless character that didn't need to exist in the first place, and took screen time away from characters that "actually mattered?"

Whimsically...I agree with you on the ASAS/Deep Dive part, Relix. While I did enjoy that scene (as it laced with flawlessly with the plot of 358/2 Days) it always felt tacked on to me. Rewatching Deep Dive/ASAS, It's almost incredulous to believe a (back then) non-existant character played such a crucial role in that scene.

Last edited:

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
As long as Sora lives Roxas and Xion have a way to come back. In a way it's like Jesus coming to rebuild his fallen brothers and sisters.

Also....anyone who doesn't want them to come back, that's not your call to make.

sora364

Awards
As long as Sora lives Roxas and Xion have a way to come back. In a way it's like Jesus coming to rebuild his fallen brothers and sisters.

Also....anyone who doesn't want them to come back, that's not your call to make.

Your Jesus logic is win. haha. Still, it is technically (judging exclusively from pre-established canon) impossible for Xion to be resurrected without detriment to Sora. If Xion is somehow severed from Sora's existence, he can either say bye bye to his memories or hello to another nice long coma.

If Xion does come back...I would love to see what Nomura pulls out of his *** to revive her. Although I feel that would be wasteful. I'd much rather have everyone remember her again. Then again...everyone who knew her is...well..."dead." 0_o

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
Your Jesus logic is win. haha. Still, it is technically (judging exclusively from pre-established canon) impossible for Xion to be resurrected without detriment to Sora. If Xion is somehow severed from Sora's existence, he can either say bye bye to his memories or hello to another nice long coma.

If Xion does come back...I would love to see what Nomura pulls out of his *** to revive her. Although I feel that would be wasteful. I'd much rather have everyone remember her again. Then again...everyone who knew her is...well..."dead." 0_o
Are you mocking me? Anyway I don't see it as wasteful to me it's a middle finger to MX Also Riku is alive, as Roxas/Sora, and Nami?Kairi.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
It's not a matter of whether Xion can come back or not. There's no need for her to come back, and she's happily resigned to her fate within Sora, alongside Roxas anyway.

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
∞;5287925 said:
It's not a matter of whether Xion can come back or not. There's no need for her to come back, and she's happily resigned to her fate within Sora, alongside Roxas anyway.
Yeah and we all thoug ATW's part was done yet in BBS..... She could still have a use.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I can see why some would be led to believe that, but I am afraid I am inclined to disagree. From my perspective: Roxas, Xion, and Axel, were all the protagonists, not just Roxas on his lonesome. I never once perceived Roxas and Axel to fall under a "supporting cast." I do agree that screen time prevalently revolved around Xion, which would come at the vast discontent of those wishing to delve deeper into the relationship of Roxas and Axel. I can empathize with those who shared these sentiments...though...I felt it was necessary as Xion was a crucial part of Roxas' character development.

They fall into a supporting cast for Xion. There can be three leads, but I disagree here. I don't believe that's the case with 358/2 Days unlike Birth By Sleep, where it was listed that there were three main characters in succession, and advertised as such. All three are interconnected; each have their own adventure (that can be seen as their own "game", so to speak) to explore and play.

358/2 Days isn't build up that way.

For example, let's take anime. We have Naruto, we have Bleach, and...let's say Sailor Moon. They have their group of friends that get their shine, play vital roles sometimes in development, are very important to them, etc., etc. But there's always the centered leader among them. The focus of the actual series, and the hero. For Naruto, it's well, Naruto, for Bleach, it's Ichigo, and for Sailor Moon, it's Usagi. Even in the console KH itself - there's Kairi, Riku, Donald Goofy, Mickey, but guess what? It's Sora's story in the long run. So Naruto, Ichigo, Usagi...they all drive what they do, they all drive their own plots. It all falls down on them. On top of that, while having a big cast, they also don't ignore them and give them one dimensional personalities. What 358/2 Days couldn't accomplish in 30+ hours...an anime can do in about 30 minutes. And other video games, at that. So that doesn't excuse having the rest of the members be wallpaper. CoM, it's a good representation in handling it.

When it comes to 358/2 Days (or so we're led to believe at first), Axel and Xion were more or less slated to be those said "friends", for the actual hero in question this time. They'll get focus, but everything else depends on the person the game promised to elaborate on. Quoting from Nomura himself, in this case, it was "Roxas's time in the Organization". Xion was merely said to be a key character that will serve a purpose, yet, doesn't take the spotlight. Sort of like Naminé ("key character" played straight. A force, but not enough force to require every, tiny, minuscule unneeded little thing to involve her). It's what we expected. Instead, we got "Xion's time in the Organization". This didn't follow Roxas's story; it followed Xion's. That's the problem.

Tell me what most of the arguments that Axel and Saïx had were about? What was Axel most focused on? Roxas's safety, of course, but the reason behind that is who once he finds out Xion's identity? Who does he suspect? Who does he wonder about? I'm not going to bother getting into Roxas considering his obsessive attitude it's rather obvious (RokuShi fans find it cute, some others find it moronic character murder and incredibly irritating - there's a reason why Roxas's hate rose up more after this game), to the point where he excuses Xion for the same thing Axel does, yet, it's Axel that gets the brunt end lash. It's very rare that he doesn't mention Xion in almost every waking moment of the day since they met. All the while? He did nothing; absolutely nothing. He didn't research, he didn't go ahead to talk to Naminé or Riku, he didn't go out of his way to interact or figure things out. He was the camera - we played as him, we saw him exploring his missions, but that's all the traits of a main character he had. He didn't drive his own plot, his own role - Xion did it for him. When you finally, finally get him to make his own decision that will head out to Deep Dive...I'm sure you comprehend what happens here and who stole the show. Again. You have to wonder what Riku was doing in TWTNW in the first place since, you know, Xion was the one that told him what to do. Maybe he was preparing to visit Xemnas, or have a tea party with Roxas in the Skyscraper. Diz magically appeared as if beating Roxas was planned all along, having Data Twilight Town set-up. Maybe he heard Xion's disembodied voice too, told him to come forth and all =P. Told him to build that false city and lock Roxas in, let's add to that.

In short - the kid drove his own tutorial in KH2 more than he did "his" supposed game. You could see the difference between those two, right? It wasn't any less emotional or any less representative of his feelings.

Nonetheless, I appreciate you and Science Vessel elaborating on the Xion hate. So basically: She a useless character that didn't need to exist in the first place, and took screen time away from characters that "actually mattered?"

There's more to it than that, actually. But it's too long to explain here. You got to visit the club and ask it there. We don't bite. But you will get our reasons in more detail. Like I did above, but...I got carried away once more, sorry o.o.

Last edited:

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I've already taken a stab at how she may be brought back in the future:

Kanemaki: OMG GIRLFRIEND WE NEED TO GET XION BACK D: D:
Ishida: IKR D: D: YOU WERE SO CUTE IN THAT GAME, TOMO-CHAN
Kanemaki: That's why we need to put together a scenario where Xion can come back, to present to Nomura!
Ishida: Well..... we have to make sure he'll like it, so... let's do what we did last time!
Kanemaki: Fanservice?
Ishida: Better! Plot recycling!
Kanemaki: Ohh! Okay. Well...... what was another forgotten relationship we can steal plot elements for?
Ishida: Sora and Namine? That worked so well. Some people even got tricked into thinking it was a real and healthy relationship, even after the twist reveal. We should definitely use some of that.
Kanemaki: "Even if you take apart the chain of memories in my heart, the links will stay there. This memory will always be inside me somewhere."
Ishida: SO TOUCHING. And... well, that means that even if Xion was built from Sora's memories of Kairi, Xion made her OWN memories while she was with Axel and Roxas~ so those memories have to exist somewhere!!
Kanemaki: YES!! That is perfect! And I have the perfect plan for a body to put those memories in!
Ishida: Roxas' love and memories giving her a form?
Kanemaki: I know they already did that with Sora and Kairi, but no. This is much neater. THE REPLICAS WEREN'T ACTUALLY COUNTED.
Ishida: OMG THE PLOT HOLE WE INVENTED TO GET XION INTO THIS SERIES IN THE FIRST PLACE :D
Kanemaki: PRECISELY! So they will go and get another replica body lying around in the lab and stick her memories in that--
Ishida: --and if Nomura doesn't like that, we have the Sora/Kairi technique~
Kanemaki: Sure. Ummmm so we have a way to get her back, but I have a feeling it needs something more dramatic.... something more.... involving a relationship with main character guys.
Ishida: Well maybe her continued existence has to rely on the memories of her friends? Like Tidus at the end of FFX-2. Nomura worked on that game, right? That will impress him.
Kanemaki: OH OH "I see myself the way you remember me. And you see yourself the way I remember you"!!!
Ishida: I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THAT!
Kanemaki: See this is why I get to be in Kingdom Hearts and you don't.
Ishida: You truly are a master ;w;
Kanemaki: I just hope Nomura buys it.
Ishida: Well, he did before! There's no reason he wouldn't now! Just remind him of what a big fan you are of his. Maybe get him drunk.
Kanemaki: WELL I DO LOVE TO DRINK

If this really happens I will be sick

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Not to mention...how she turned Riku into a little b!itch too. Since when did Riku feel remorse for others like that? cradling little Xion in his arms like she was his lover or something, brushing her haird away from her face too? really? Riku? The "badass"? He was more in character the day they met and he owned her but after that *whistles as he makes his hand go in a descending motion* out of character.

Epif

The Delicious
Website
I can see why some would be led to believe that, but I am afraid I am inclined to disagree. From my perspective: Roxas, Xion, and Axel, were all the protagonists, not just Roxas on his lonesome.

1 The game was advertised as Roxas' game. Therefore, Roxas was supposed to be the main protagonist (Driving his own plot. See: This lovely post.).
2 If they were all the main protagonists, then they would all have gotten their own scenarios to give the player an insight on their time in the Organization, but Days doesn't do that. Days uses the perspective of Roxas to tell the story of Xion.

I never once perceived Roxas and Axel to fall under a "supporting cast." I do agree that screen time prevalently revolved around Xion, which would come at the vast discontent of those wishing to delve deeper into the relationship of Roxas and Axel.

What did Roxas do to help the plot move forward? It was like reading "The Great Gatsby" all over again, but worse. The point of view the reader/player was in was not that of the people who were driving the plot forward. Roxas was basically the narrator, and Axel's character wasn't fleshed out, but hollowed out. What happened to the badass guy from Castle Oblivion? In Days, we see that he was always like the Axel we saw in Kingdom Hearts 2, and we are basically told that the Axel we saw in Chain of Memories was nothing more than a facade of the real Axel.

I don't think that people wanted to "delve deeper" into the relationship of Roxas and Axel, but to know what drove Roxas into leaving the Organization. People had their theories, and the characters within Organization XIII needed fleshing out, but they were ignored in that respect.

I can empathize with those who shared these sentiments...though...I felt it was necessary as Xion was a crucial part of Roxas' character development.

She was never hinted towards before Days came about. We were told that Roxas was being lied to by the Organization, and he was fed up with not knowing about his past, so he left. Where and when does Xion play any role at all? "Xion was a crucial part of Roxas' character development" when Days came to be. Before Days, Roxas had a backstory, and it was pretty awesome. After Days, Roxas' backstory ended being naught like what we thought it was. The fans were betrayed, basically, by Nomura, who shouldn't have let Kanemaki write anything other than the novels.

Not really. She wasn't "useless" because she sucked up Roxas' backstory (She was his backstory.), so she was useful, but unnecessary. She didn't need to exist in the first place, yes, but even if she was written in Days, but differently (and better), than I'm sure that most people who dislike her/hate her/hate Kanemaki/hate Nomura (whathaveyou) would feel differently. Taking screen time doesn't necessarily mean that she sucked Roxas' backstory or made it so the other characters' fleshing was ignored. It's the fact that the screen time she got superseded other characters' screen time.

It's almost incredulous to believe a (back then) non-existant character played such a crucial role in that scene.

They shouldn't have done anything to that scene, in my honest opinion. I mean, who really cared what they were saying? We already had their reasons for fighting (With or without Days' story, their reasons would have been unchanged), but no... they had to add Xion in there, too. Because she is the only thing that those two characters can think about or something. What the fcuk...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back