• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kairi's keyblade.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mog

Awards
I read that Aqua accidently passed on the power to wield the keyblade to Kairi when the Unversed attacked her in radiant garden. Terra passed down that ability to Riku aswell. Ansem SOD could probably wield a keyblade because he is Xehanorts heartless.

Last edited by a moderator:

HeartsLight

That's true only if they actually do something with both aspects. The PoH aspect as a whole was greatly mistreated, and if Kairi's to maintain being an active plot force in the series, best to not have it be only as Sora's would be romantic interest as that only worked really well when we had Namine and Xion's own plots to go along with it. If they want to use Kairi herself, however, they need more than that.
That's a good point and one I hadn't considered. I guess I'm just hoping that they'll use the PoH aspect a bit more than they have so far. I mean, they were hardly mentioned at all in KH2.

Against intimidating SHADOW HEARTLESS.
I'll never get over this. I'm not saying she can't become stronger but just because she smacked a couple of SHADOW Heartless with what's the strongest weapon known to man doesn't make her strong; it makes her capable of swinging a blunt object.
LOL! For some reason that makes me think of other instances in real life where I've seen people using fencing foils like clubs which is just not gonna work... I guess inexperience and ignorance really can rear their ugly heads in all sorts of situations, though you can't really call Kairi completely ignorant she is rather inexperienced and generally inept when it comes to combat (re: total amateur). However you're completely right. She may as well be using a club or a stick.

It's Apprentice Xehanort, not AtW. AtW himself wrote in the KH2 Secret Reports that Xehanort opening the door was one of the biggest mysteries he came face to face with.
Yeah, I was just reading the Secret Ansem Reports on KHI and banged my head on my desk in disgust at myself when I realized I'd gotten it so wrong. Man, I'm really out of touch with the series, it's gonna take forever to catch up again...

The Heartless could unlock the doors as well. Therefore, even while lacking Keyblades on "their side", numerous worlds were overrun by the Heartless and vanished. Riku opening the door was what summoned them, or so it seemed, but wasn't necessary for it.

As for using either Riku or Sora, seeing how the KK was originally Riku's and Maleficent did play on his jealousy issues, I'd sooner say they were trying to get Riku to snatch the Keyblade back than use Sora, as he seemed a lot more manipulatable, and a lot more reachable.
That does sound more likely. However, it makes me wonder, they did say that Sora might be useful, but how exactly were they planning on using him when they already had Riku? Or do you think they were planning to use Sora to get Riku (playing on his jealousy issues as you said)?

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com
I read that Aqua accidently passed on the power to wield the keyblade to Kairi when the Unversed attacked her in radiant garden. Terra passed down that ability to Riku aswell. Ansem SOD could probably wield a keyblade because he is Xehanorts heartless.

Thats what I was going to point out.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
HeartsLight said:
That's a good point and one I hadn't considered. I guess I'm just hoping that they'll use the PoH aspect a bit more than they have so far. I mean, they were hardly mentioned at all in KH2.

Quite a few of us agree with that, me thinks, not only in regards to Kairi but specifically about her as her being a PoH was her given plot role from the start of the series. Them not doing too much with it leaves a bitter after taste.

LOL! For some reason that makes me think of other instances in real life where I've seen people using fencing foils like clubs which is just not gonna work... I guess inexperience and ignorance really can rear their ugly heads in all sorts of situations, though you can't really call Kairi completely ignorant she is rather inexperienced and generally inept when it comes to combat (re: total amateur). However you're completely right. She may as well be using a club or a stick.

Again, not saying she can't grow out of it. But seeing how Sora and Riku had, at the very least, a life time of play-fighting with each other and TSW, while Kairi seems to have lacked that or at least we got no basis whatsoever of it beyond Riku's spur of temporary madness.
I just really don't like people going "WOO! KAIRI CAN FIGHT!" over such a lackluster display against such weak opponents.
If she really was half what people make her to be, Riku wouldn't have had to act human shield right before the Saix boss battle.

Yeah, I was just reading the Secret Ansem Reports on KHI and banged my head on my desk in disgust at myself when I realized I'd gotten it so wrong. Man, I'm really out of touch with the series, it's gonna take forever to catch up again...

I suggest a good replay or at least a decent review before BBS and Re:Coded. And don't beat yourself up; we all started somewhere.
In fact, I think it's a good thing, not to know ALL of this right off the bat >_>;;;

However, it makes me wonder, they did say that Sora might be useful, but how exactly were they planning on using him when they already had Riku? Or do you think they were planning to use Sora to get Riku (playing on his jealousy issues as you said)?

I think that was mostly foolishness on Maleficent's side. Riku himself offered Sora several times to cooperate which would've brought him into Maleficent's grasp, and even Jafar asked Maleficent why she was keeping Riku away from Sora when using one to manipulate the other was the best thing they could've done.
Sora had the Keyblade; they had Riku. Use Riku as the strings to move puppet-Sora to their bidding (...omfg CoM xD), and Kairi as further incentive to get both boys dancing to their fiddle and then it would've been too late for them to do anything to stop Maleficent.
Malficent keeping SoRiku apart was just idioticy.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Except so far we have not been shown anyone lose the ability to wield a Keyblade. At most, we've seen them lose the ability to use that -particular- Keyblade, but not the ability to wield altogether. The Sora/Riku Incident doesn't show any of them losing the ability to wield Keyblades, just the ownership of that particular one. Riku still had the ability to wield the Keyblade after it chose Sora, it was just no Keyblade had chosen him yet.

Actually, losing the ability overall and losing ability to wield a certain keyblade has no real difference. if one keyblade rejects someone, what makes you think other keyblades will accept the person at the given time?

and like those said before, you don't need a keyblade to open the door to the hearts world. and if the heartless of the keyblade wielder could use the keyblade, there would be no point in kh1-kh2. kh1 would have no use of sora traveling to worlds just to "lock" the doors.

Keyblade wielders can unlock and lock anything they want. but as for everyone else, they can open any door as long as it's unlock. and it would be really stupid for nomura to say "well for the sake of them wielding a keyblade I'm just going to say they chose not to, which led to Xemnas and XH in defeat"

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Actually, losing the ability overall and losing ability to wield a certain keyblade has no real difference. if one keyblade rejects someone, what makes you think other keyblades will accept the person at the given time?

You're assuming that the Keyblades all look for the same thing in a Wielder, while that might not be true. We know the Wielder needs to be chosen so he'd have a Keyblade TO Wield, but we don't know what he's chosen -for- save strength of Heart.

and if the heartless of the keyblade wielder could use the keyblade, there would be no point in kh1-kh2. kh1 would have no use of sora traveling to worlds just to "lock" the doors.

There was immediate risk to the worlds. Sora HAD to lock the Doors.
And as for "Heartless", Sora already did just that, while being a rather extraordinary being that maintained his sense of self even as a Heartless.
The only reason why Roxas has a Keyblade is because he has Ven's Heart to sustain both Keyblades through
There's actually nothing saying XH wouldn't have "kept" the Keyblade if he was indeed at any point a Wielder, and much like how Namine offered Riku to lock up his Darkness by having him forget about it, Xehanort just forgot about being a Wielder and therefore was unable to utilize his Wielding abilities other than opening the door to DI.
There's nothing saying he couldn't have been the source of the Keyblade Riku summoned, thus enabling him to Duel Wield, and quite a bit that supports it, in fact.

Keyblade wielders can unlock and lock anything they want. but as for everyone else, they can open any door as long as it's unlock. and it would be really stupid for nomura to say "well for the sake of them wielding a keyblade I'm just going to say they chose not to, which led to Xemnas and XH in defeat"

That IS stupid, but again - it's most likely that they couldn't instead of wouldn't. If Xemnas had a Keyblade himself, he hardly would've needed Sora, Roxas or Xion. Not saying they wouldn't have helped, but he hardly would've been as desperate about them.

Allister Rose

French Lover
You're assuming that the Keyblades all look for the same thing in a Wielder, while that might not be true. We know the Wielder needs to be chosen so he'd have a Keyblade TO Wield, but we don't know what he's chosen -for- save strength of Heart.

There was immediate risk to the worlds. Sora HAD to lock the Doors.
And as for "Heartless", Sora already did just that, while being a rather extraordinary being that maintained his sense of self even as a Heartless.
The only reason why Roxas has a Keyblade is because he has Ven's Heart to sustain both Keyblades through
There's actually nothing saying XH wouldn't have "kept" the Keyblade if he was indeed at any point a Wielder, and much like how Namine offered Riku to lock up his Darkness by having him forget about it, Xehanort just forgot about being a Wielder and therefore was unable to utilize his Wielding abilities other than opening the door to DI.
There's nothing saying he couldn't have been the source of the Keyblade Riku summoned, thus enabling him to Duel Wield, and quite a bit that supports it, in fact.

That IS stupid, but again - it's most likely that they couldn't instead of wouldn't. If Xemnas had a Keyblade himself, he hardly would've needed Sora, Roxas or Xion. Not saying they wouldn't have helped, but he hardly would've been as desperate about them.

well according to BBS, you have to be "recommended" and the keyblade does the choosing. but really, i don't think keyblades look for anything else other than recommendation and strong heart. and i also doubt keyblades have their own definition of strong heart

I'm sure Xehanort apprentice did keep the keyblade, but unable to use it if you know what i mean. I'm not saying if they lose the ability to wield the keyblade, the keyblade will disappear into wherever it goes. my theory is it stays with them in their heart.

but the way days explanation of dual wielding, i got to believe that Roxas wields the keyblade because Sora isn' technically a nobody. Since he was purified, that means he was able to wield just like his somebody. unlike xemnas or XH.

I'm more willing to believe that they couldn't then wouldn't.

HeartsLight

Again, not saying she can't grow out of it. But seeing how Sora and Riku had, at the very least, a life time of play-fighting with each other and TSW, while Kairi seems to have lacked that or at least we got no basis whatsoever of it beyond Riku's spur of temporary madness.
I just really don't like people going "WOO! KAIRI CAN FIGHT!" over such a lackluster display against such weak opponents.
If she really was half what people make her to be, Riku wouldn't have had to act human shield right before the Saix boss battle.
I agree. Having a weapon does not necessarily mean you can fight. In fact, more often than not, giving a weapon to an inexperienced fighter will hurt them more than their opponents, especially if said opponents know what they're doing. And for Riku and Sora, their play fighting may have been the best thing they could have done, because, speaking from experience, you can train and drill techniques and such to death but nothing beats real fighting. Even if it's play fighting.

I suggest a good replay or at least a decent review before BBS and Re:Coded. And don't beat yourself up; we all started somewhere.
In fact, I think it's a good thing, not to know ALL of this right off the bat >_>;;;
What I find annoying is that I used to know all of this. I've been on the boards since I was 14 but I haven't really played KH (or any games at all for that matter) since I was about 17. I've forgotten a whole lot in the time since (I'm almost 20 now). As a result I'm replaying all of the games I have in my posession and reading up on interviews and such before I get and play BbS and Re: Coded.

I think that was mostly foolishness on Maleficent's side. Riku himself offered Sora several times to cooperate which would've brought him into Maleficent's grasp, and even Jafar asked Maleficent why she was keeping Riku away from Sora when using one to manipulate the other was the best thing they could've done.
Sora had the Keyblade; they had Riku. Use Riku as the strings to move puppet-Sora to their bidding (...omfg CoM xD), and Kairi as further incentive to get both boys dancing to their fiddle and then it would've been too late for them to do anything to stop Maleficent.
Malficent keeping SoRiku apart was just idioticy.
I think that's part and parcel of them being Disney villains. They aren't exactly a group of genii afterall and their misjudgments in relation to their own hearts pretty much makes them misjudge all others as well I think. And that was one heck of a misjudgment on Maleficent's part.

On a side note I think that's about it for me tonight as it's almost 3am here and my coherency isn't going to last much longer.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
and i also doubt keyblades have their own definition of strong heart

That's up to interpretation, I think.

I'm sure Xehanort apprentice did keep the keyblade, but unable to use it if you know what i mean. I'm not saying if they lose the ability to wield the keyblade, the keyblade will disappear into wherever it goes. my theory is it stays with them in their heart.

Riku proved more than enough you can lose the Keyblade but not the Wielding ability. The Keyblade staying within Xehanort's Heart and therefore - inside XH, is the likely situation.

but the way days explanation of dual wielding, i got to believe that Roxas wields the keyblade because Sora isn' technically a nobody. Since he was purified, that means he was able to wield just like his somebody. unlike xemnas or XH.

Roxas was able to Wield the Keyblade initially because he was, indeed, sharing Sora's powers, and because he had Ven's Heart inside him, which is a prerequisite to Wield a Keyblade at all.
Roxas and Sora both managed to Wield the Keyblade because they both "remembered" Wielding it in part because of Ven, on Roxas's side, along with the Sora complications and shared their powers. XH and Xemnas would've lost their Memories of Wielding from "before" Ansem the Wise found Apprentice Xehanort, and so even if they could wield the Keyblade, their powers would be locked.

I'm more willing to believe that they couldn't then wouldn't.

Which is what I'm basically trying to say here by saying they forgot about it.

Allister Rose

French Lover
That's up to interpretation, I think.

Riku proved more than enough you can lose the Keyblade but not the Wielding ability. The Keyblade staying within Xehanort's Heart and therefore - inside XH, is the likely situation.

Roxas was able to Wield the Keyblade initially because he was, indeed, sharing Sora's powers, and because he had Ven's Heart inside him, which is a prerequisite to Wield a Keyblade at all.
Roxas and Sora both managed to Wield the Keyblade because they both "remembered" Wielding it in part because of Ven, on Roxas's side, along with the Sora complications and shared their powers. XH and Xemnas would've lost their Memories of Wielding from "before" Ansem the Wise found Apprentice Xehanort, and so even if they could wield the Keyblade, their powers would be locked.

Which is what I'm basically trying to say here by saying they forgot about it.
really, it wasn't that necessary to put this in spoilers though, it was revealed around the time Master eraqus was with the master qualification Exam.

losing the ability, and losing a keyblade sounds almost the same thing. but like i've said it depends on what your hearts state is so you can regain it.

as for the whole roxas-sora-ven thing...though Nomura does hint that roxas has ven's heart inside him and i also believe it myself, i don't think it's exactly the way nomura is making us believe, he actual tells us that he wants to keep it a mystery when he was asked directly. so we don't exactly how it is, but i'm sure it's somewhere along the lines of what you've said.
also i doubt memory loss would mean automatically not being able to wield the keyblade. We've seen in kh2 roxas wielding a keyblade without any know of it and sora obtained his in kh1 without any memory of it or hinting it. but i do believe xemnas and XH ability to sue their keyblade is locked

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Yes there WAS.
As this thread is not in the spoilers section, you mark what you can. That's it.

losing the ability, and losing a keyblade sounds almost the same thing.

End-result wise. But the series makes a differentiation between the two. You can be a Wielder but not be chosen by a Keyblade, and you can have a Keyblade but not be a Wielder. Same result, different causes.

though Nomura does hint that roxas has ven's heart inside him and i also believe it myself, i don't think it's exactly the way nomura is making us believe, he actual tells us that he wants to keep it a mystery when he was asked directly. so we don't exactly how it is, but i'm sure it's somewhere along the lines of what you've said.

For someone who insists not spoiling things that happened in BBS you're out of date :\ that's exactly what happened.

also i doubt memory loss would mean automatically not being able to wield the keyblade. We've seen in kh2 roxas wielding a keyblade without any know of it and sora obtained his in kh1 without any memory of it or hinting it. but i do believe xemnas and XH ability to sue their keyblade is locked

Sora's case was unique in the sense that it happened instantly after the Keyblade's transferral from Riku. He reached into Riku's Heart, grabbed the Keyblade, Riku disappeared, it was left in his hands.
And Roxas in KH2 was RESTORING his Memories. Namine was there with the intention of getting him to remember and initiated his Destati. Before he had the issue of Sora being active for a while, and then falling back on those Memories of himself wielding when Sora went to sleep.
Xemnas and XH would be the only ones to not remember Wielding, which is where the novels piece comes in, describing the Keyblade appearing in Riku's hands as "a long buried memory resurfacing" in regards to the one he let Kairi use.

Last edited:

Allister Rose

French Lover
For someone who insists not spoiling things that happened in BBS you're out of date :\ that's exactly what happened.

Sora's case was unique in the sense that it happened instantly after the Keyblade's transferral from Riku. He reached into Riku's Heart, grabbed the Keyblade, Riku disappeared, it was left in his hands.
And Roxas in KH2 was RESTORING his Memories. Namine was there with the intention of getting him to remember and initiated his Destati. Before he had the issue of Sora being active for a while, and then falling back on those Memories of himself wielding when Sora went to sleep.
Xemnas and XH would be the only ones to not remember Wielding, which is where the novels piece comes in, describing the Keyblade appearing in Riku's hands as "a long buried memory resurfacing" in regards to the one he let Kairi use.
actually i was referring to one of the BBS interviews...so it's not that i was out of date....it strongly suggest that roxas has ven's heart but not that he has it inside him, which nomura intentionally left it as a mystery but again, i doubt losing memories of wielding would actually cause you not to. i know roxas was trying to remember, but he wield the keyblade anyways without memory. i would imagine he would at least have to have memory of the keyblade and summoning to actually attempt it. IN fact he did attempt it and failed.
i don't know alot about the novels, do you know where i can read it?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
When did Roxas fail to summon the Keyblade? *frowns thoughtfully*
And again, I'd hardly say Roxas and Sora's case is the same as XH and Xemnas's. Roxas had Sora to "remember" for him at the very least, whereas XH and Xemnas were both blissfully ignorant.

Allister Rose

French Lover
When did Roxas fail to summon the Keyblade? *frowns thoughtfully*
And again, I'd hardly say Roxas and Sora's case is the same as XH and Xemnas's. Roxas had Sora to "remember" for him at the very least, whereas XH and Xemnas were both blissfully ignorant.
when he picked up that sticked and tried to summon the keyblade, failed and accidentally hit riku with it.

although the point I'm trying to get across is, that i don't think memory is the key of not being able to wield it. and i don't think Sora is remembering for Roxas (when was that confirmed?). but even if Xehanort apprentice did somehow remember to wield a keyblade i don't think his heartless and xemnas were able to wield one. of course i tihnk it's mroe related to BBS in Last episode when terra locked but his and MX's heart.

I'm assuming when Sora goes into anti-form, he turns into a heartless and therefore cannot wield a keyblade.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
when he picked up that sticked and tried to summon the keyblade, failed and accidentally hit riku with it.

IIRC, that's pre-Destati so it's when all of his Memories were torn apart as were Sora's, in a sense, further strengthening my point that it's the Memories causing it.

I'm assuming when Sora goes into anti-form, he turns into a heartless and therefore cannot wield a keyblade.

I'd sooner put that on losing self control more than the actual ability.

Allister Rose

French Lover
IIRC, that's pre-Destati so it's when all of his Memories were torn apart as were Sora's, in a sense, further strengthening my point that it's the Memories causing it.

I'd sooner put that on losing self control more than the actual ability.
don't know what IIRc means......but destati or not, i dont think it was regaining memories that destati did for roxas. i think destati was more like a restart for him. seems a little odd for him to go through a destati just to remember....

as for anti form, I'm not so sure if it was losing control because we never saw him in a scene where he turns into anti form, so there's a 50-50% chance you're right. but i just don't believe a heartless can wield a keyblade...

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Actually, losing the ability overall and losing ability to wield a certain keyblade has no real difference.
There is a huge difference. Losing a certain Keyblade still means you have the ability to wield A Keyblade. Losing the ability to wield Keyblades means you have no ability. You're not special anymore, you're just a normal person. Xehanort couldn't have opened the door unless he had the ability to wield within him, however, not having memories of the Keyblade, he couldn't actually summon one. (How does one summon something they don't know is there?) This is shown the best in KH2 where, Roxas, in the Data TWTN, having no memories, can't summon the Keyblade (the Keyblade he uses is a fake made by DiZ). It isn't until he under goes his Awakening again does he remember how to summon his actual Keyblade. Xehanort may not be able to summon a Keyblade, but, there's nothing to say he can't wield one (there's actually plenty to say that he can, even in KH2).

So yeah., there's a difference.

if one keyblade rejects someone, what makes you think other keyblades will accept the person at the given time?
It happened to Riku more or less. His original Keyblade went to Sora over him, however, he never lost the ability to wield the Keyblade. Later on, a different Keyblade chose him.

and like those said before, you don't need a keyblade to open the door to the hearts world.
The only things that have been shown to be able to open the doors are Keyblade Wielders. Heartless can devour a world's heart once they find the Keyhole, but even Xehanort said that takes a long time to do (when, opening the door, seems like it can be a rather instantaneous thing). All that's ever been shown to even possibly be able to open the Doors are Keyblade Wielders and, potentially, the Heartless.
So yeah, I would say you need the ability to wield a Keyblade in order to open them. Not necessarily you need to have a Keyblade on you, or whatever, but, it's pretty clear you need to be a wielder, what with the huge importance Ansem put on the fact that Xehanort could open it, and the fact that Riku could open his own.

Nomura isn't going to go "Hurr durr, Xehanort could open it because it was unlocked." This door isn't just a door. Just like the Keyblade isn't just a hunk of metal. There are clearly rules to these things.

and if the heartless of the keyblade wielder could use the keyblade, there would be no point in kh1-kh2. kh1 would have no use of sora traveling to worlds just to "lock" the doors.
Why would there be no point? KH1 had Sora locking the Keyholes because it was said that, once locked, the world's heart was no longer reachable. The only Heartless of a Keyblade Wielder who could even possibly potentially wield the Keyblade are the ones who managed to keep a human form (XH, Sora). Both of these people did this, though, through different means. Plus, no one said XH had a Keyblade on him this entire time. If he couldn't remember how to summon it, for example, that means he wouldn't be able to use it. We're stressing that he has the ability to -wield- the Keyblade, not that he -was- wielding the Keyblade through KH1-KH2. And there -is- a difference.

but as for everyone else, they can open any door as long as it's unlock.
When has this been shown? Never. It's not like these doors are just normal doors. There's more to them.
The fact that only a Keyblade Wielder (and the Heartless after searching for a long time) are the ones who can even find the Keyholes/the Doors would imply they are the only ones who can actually open it.

and it would be really stupid for nomura to say "well for the sake of them wielding a keyblade I'm just going to say they chose not to, which led to Xemnas and XH in defeat"
It would be stupid, yes, but he did say he plans to explain that whole situation, which means there is a situation to explain, which means they do have the ability to wield the Keyblade.

Xehanort just forgot about being a Wielder and therefore was unable to utilize his Wielding abilities other than opening the door to DI.
I think you mean RG. Riku was the one who opened the door to DI.

Not saying they wouldn't have helped, but he hardly would've been as desperate about them.
Well, just to play Devil's Advocate or what have you, but in KH2:FM+ Xemnas does say that if Sora is destroyed, their plan could go on without him. Perhaps this was potentially hinting at that?

but really, i don't think keyblades look for anything else other than recommendation and strong heart.
Nomura has said that there are many complex reasons why people get Keyblades outside of having a strong heart and the Rite of Succession.
So yeah, the Keyblades clearly do look for more than that.

but the way days explanation of dual wielding, i got to believe that Roxas wields the keyblade because Sora isn' technically a nobody.
KH2 paints clearly that Roxas could wield because he was Sora's Nobody.

losing the ability, and losing a keyblade sounds almost the same thing.
It really isn't though. It's very different.

also i doubt memory loss would mean automatically not being able to wield the keyblade.
How can someone summon something they don't know is there?
Memory Loss doesn't mean not being able to wield the Keyblade, it means not being able to use the one you have.
See why there's a difference between losing the Keyblade and losing the ability to wield a Keyblade?

We've seen in kh2 roxas wielding a keyblade without any know of it
Up until his Awakening (which was him becoming aware of it actually), Roxas was using a fake Keyblade.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Not necessarily you need to have a Keyblade on you, or whatever, but, it's pretty clear you need to be a wielder,

If we say that XH is indeed why Riku was able to Duel Wield for a brief time in KH2, it means both cases we've seen where doors were opened weren't just Wielders but ones WITH Keyblades - albeit not necesarilly chosen by them (though there might've been another thing needed, namely - to trigger Riku to SUMMON his Keyblade the first time)

I think you mean RG. Riku was the one who opened the door to DI.

Ya. Thanks for that.

Well, just to play Devil's Advocate or what have you, but in KH2:FM+ Xemnas does say that if Sora is destroyed, their plan could go on without him. Perhaps this was potentially hinting at that?

I'd sooner say that has to do more with there still being Wielders out there, being Mickey and Riku (who was still a Keyblade-less Wielder when that scene took place, though I might be mistaken).

How can someone summon something they don't know is there?

Instinct, actually. And with the Keyblade itself being painted as something remotely conscious by needing to choose a Wielder, it might've played a bigger role in that aspect.
Again, I see the Memory Loss as more of what Namine offered Riku at the end of Reverse-Rebirth - by locking the Memories, you also lock what was contained inside them (Darkness for Riku, Keyblade in our case). It's not really that you don't know about it, it's that you can't unlock it.

Memory Loss doesn't mean not being able to wield the Keyblade, it means not being able to use the one you have.
See why there's a difference between losing the Keyblade and losing the ability to wield a Keyblade?

Right o :3

Allister Rose

French Lover
heartseams, this is all going by the assumption that only keyblade wielders can open the door, but when has that been confirmed? no. i know you want to butter it up to make the doors that more special, but they aren't. sure they're important, but it's not that special. It takes a while because heartless go only by instinct. a keyblade wielder has the ability to unlock and lock things with his keyblade, but other abilities that aren't keyblade related aren't exclusive to keyblade wielders, it's just magic.

as for losing the ability, and losing a keyblade, cause of course is different, but the result is the some, they can regain the ability and regain a keyblade depending if there is a keyblade around to obtain.

no, i was referring to DI, he was talking to sora through the door. either that or it was too dark to see where exactly he was. if he opened the door to RG.

and i miswrote that one scene...i meant to say because sora isn't technically aheartless, he was able to be a floating heart. therefore roxas could wield one because sora was still able to.

also i don't remember nomura ever confirming that either people outside of strong heart category can wield a keyblade. i know it's some-what possible, but you're assuming they're looking for more even if you were right. Usually it's related to a strong heart and the other thing.

as for the fake keyblade, i only remember him using it once, which was to defeat the lesser nobodies who were stealing the photos. but other than that time, i'm sure he summoned the real thing before his destati. but the concept still applies even if it was fake or real. if he wanted to summon the very thing that looked like a keyblade, i'm sure it would've worked.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Allister Rose said:
heartseams, this is all going by the assumption that only keyblade wielders can open the door, but when has that been confirmed?

The fact that Doors aren't open all over the place. If non-Wielders could've opened doors, why did it take a tiny forever for the Door to the Heart of DI, who was reachable for all the children, to be open - and by Riku, no less?
It isn't confirmation in the sense that they said it, but it does come to show something.

as for losing the ability, and losing a keyblade, cause of course is different, but the result is the some, they can regain the ability and regain a keyblade depending if there is a keyblade around to obtain.

Uh, no. There might be a Keyblade but if they're not Wielders, it's hopeless.
Alternatively they can be Wielders but lack Keyblades.
It's hardly the same. You need TWO things at least to be a full Wielder.

no, i was referring to DI, he was talking to sora through the door. either that or it was too dark to see where exactly he was. if he opened the door to RG.

Dude, if you're talking about the scene with Sora and XH at the start of KH1 - he was standing on Sora's side of the door, between the rocks o_O change your screen brightness and contrast.

and i miswrote that one scene...i meant to say because sora isn't technically aheartless, he was able to be a floating heart. therefore roxas could wield one because sora was still able to.

That'd hardly explain the Duel Wielding.

as for the fake keyblade, i only remember him using it once, which was to defeat the lesser nobodies who were stealing the photos. but other than that time, i'm sure he summoned the real thing before his destati. but the concept still applies even if it was fake or real. if he wanted to summon the very thing that looked like a keyblade, i'm sure it would've worked.

Nope. Only fake Keyblade before the Destati. After that, only the real deal. Looks like he couldn't wield it before :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back