• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Keyblade Theory

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBucket

Mount Vernon, Indiana, United States, North Americ
Website
www.youtube.com
Hello, everyone. Got another theory for ya. I'm pretty sure I've seen theories like this one, but oh well....

So, about the Keyblades.....we've seen those with chains and those without. Of course, everyone's been wondering what this means. And, of course, I have a theory on it.

Everyone in the KH Community has pretty much agreed on the fact that Keycahins come from memories. So what about ones without them, like Terra's, Aqua's, and Ven's?

I believe that a Keyblade that does not have a chain was created by the user's heart. They had such a strong heart, that a keyblade was formed from them. Meaning that, as part of their training most likely, TAV had to summon/create their own Keyblades instead of having one given to them with a keychain.

Some of you may bring up the Way to Dawn, and how it was created from Riku's heart, but Way to Dawn's creation was a bit different. Yes, it came from Riku's heart, but he used the memory from Soul Eater to create it, thus it having a keychain [and also, it being created from his memories, the symbol on the end was the "dark heart" symbol.]

So any keyblade with a chain was created from a memory [or by someone else, then had a chain put on it so others could use it] and those without were created by that person weilding it.

Also, another small theory to put in here. Nothing major, but it's about the symbol on the end of the Kingdom Key and Darkside keyblades. Of course, everyone thinks that symbol represents Mickey. Yes, that's probably what Nomura meant it for...at first. But I believe that it now means something different. I believe the "3 circles" represent the 3 Realms: Light, Dark, and Nothing.

What got me thinking about this was this: I just restarted playing KHII just for fun, and got to the part where you're Roxas, and need to draw in the symbol on the desk in the library. Then I noticed that the symbols were arranged just like the "mickey symbol." So maybe that's what it actually stands for.

Thoughts?

A

Audo

Hello, everyone. Got another theory for ya. I'm pretty sure I've seen theories like this one, but oh well....

So, about the Keyblades.....we've seen those with chains and those without. Of course, everyone's been wondering what this means. And, of course, I have a theory on it.

Everyone in the KH Community has pretty much agreed on the fact that Keycahins come from memories. So what about ones without them, like Terra's, Aqua's, and Ven's?
While it may be generally agreed on, it hasn't been stated as fact, so we can't take it as such. For all we know, there could be two types of Keychains - ones made from memories, and ones that aren't.

I believe that a Keyblade that does not have a chain was created by the user's heart. They had such a strong heart, that a keyblade was formed from them. Meaning that, as part of their training most likely, TAV had to summon/create their own Keyblades instead of having one given to them with a keychain.
Then how come Aqua's Keyblade can still exist after she is allegedly dead?
Or how come Ven's Keyblade could smash into a bunch of pieces when he was still alive? =/

Some of you may bring up the Way to Dawn, and how it was created from Riku's heart, but Way to Dawn's creation was a bit different. Yes, it came from Riku's heart, but he used the memory from Soul Eater to create it, thus it having a keychain [and also, it being created from his memories, the symbol on the end was the "dark heart" symbol.]
WRONG! D:
We do not know how the Soul Eater turned into the Way to Dawn.
It has not been said anywhere, so that isn't fact.

So any keyblade with a chain was created from a memory [or by someone else, then had a chain put on it so others could use it] and those without were created by that person weilding it.
Err, a Keyblade with a chain cannot be created from a memory. The Keychain may be able to, but the entire Keyblade? Doubtful.

Also, another small theory to put in here. Nothing major, but it's about the symbol on the end of the Kingdom Key and Darkside keyblades. Of course, everyone thinks that symbol represents Mickey. Yes, that's probably what Nomura meant it for...at first. But I believe that it now means something different. I believe the "3 circles" represent the 3 Realms: Light, Dark, and Nothing.
There's four realms =/
Light, Dark, In-between and Nothingness.

What got me thinking about this was this: I just restarted playing KHII just for fun, and got to the part where you're Roxas, and need to draw in the symbol on the desk in the library. Then I noticed that the symbols were arranged just like the "mickey symbol." So maybe that's what it actually stands for.

Thoughts?
All he drew was a crown symbol though =/

Bliip

Should change his username D:<
wow. RK for the win. :lol:

anyway, yeah, he didnt draw the "mickey symbol", he either drew a crown, or maybe the Unbirth symbol, they play it too fast to really tell...

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Everyone in the KH Community has pretty much agreed on the fact that Keycahins come from memories.

I don't agree on that as a general rule xD;;; I think they represent a change in the user, a symbol of his growth, a connection between people that left a mark on him.

That makes absolutely no sense, seeing how if they had strong enough Hearts to create Keyblades, I think that would make them the Masters instead of the apprentices.

As RK said, the Soul Eater is the WtD. Riku even calls it that still after the transformation because that's the name he knew for it earlier from Maleficent probably.
One doesn't know the Keyblade's Name in the game, those come from the equipment menu - making for game play mechanics only. That's why even after it changed he called it the Soul Eater - being the only name he knew for it.

Again, that contradicts the whole issue of training to become Masters.

As said before, there're 4 realms. Also, when Roxas drew it, the circles were equally sized. That is not the case with the mouse Keychains.

Awards
wow. RK for the win. :lol:

anyway, yeah, he didnt draw the "mickey symbol", he either drew a crown, or maybe the Unbirth symbol, they play it too fast to really tell...

NaminesNotebook-1.png

Last I checked, Mickey's ears were not as big as his head and detached from it. He also doesn't have fleur-de-lis-looking spires shooting out of the sides of his head.

A

Audo

NaminesNotebook-1.png

Last I checked, Mickey's ears were not as big as his head and detached from it. He also doesn't have fleur-de-lis-looking spires shooting out of the sides of his head.
xD. I was waiting for you to post that image. :3

Bliip

so...i was somewhat right?

besides, Mickey's ears are as big as his head. bigger.

MasterXOblivion7

Ehh I'm not too sure Nomura put TOO much thought into the keychain on the kingdom key.
He most likely meant it as just a mickey symbol. Nothing of it.
But you make a good observation. :thumbup:

Bliip

Ehh I'm not too sure Nomura put TOO much thought into the keychain on the kingdom key.
He most likely meant it as just a mickey symbol. Nothing of it.
But you make a good observation. :thumbup:
i think Nomura puts TOO much thought into every aspect of the game.

besides, it's kind of an important thing...

Cissy

Bronze Member
I always figured that, since we don't see Mickey weilding the KK in BBS, that he made and/or was given his own Keyblade, thus why the "default" Keyblade has his head on it.

Now, obviously, Sora has the KK given to him in KH1, so it's possible that whatever force gave it to him knew of Mickey, or the Keyblade took that form because of Ven.

Ven meets Mickey= Ven inside Sora somehow= Sora has Ven's memories of Mickey= Kingdom Key has Mickey's Head on Keychain.

Bliip

I always figured that, since we don't see Mickey weilding the KK in BBS, that he made and/or was given his own Keyblade, thus why the "default" Keyblade has his head on it.

Now, obviously, Sora has the KK given to him in KH1, so it's possible that whatever force gave it to him knew of Mickey, or the Keyblade took that form because of Ven.

Ven meets Mickey= Ven inside Sora somehow= Sora has Ven's memories of Mickey= Kingdom Key has Mickey's Head on Keychain.
hmm, pretty plausible theory u got there...

MasterXOblivion7

i think Nomura puts TOO much thought into every aspect of the game.

besides, it's kind of an important thing...

What I meant was I don't think he planned ahead while developing the first Kingdom Hearts.
I mean kudos if he acutally did have something in mind the whole time but I think he just created the first game on his inital thoughts..
The only realms going thru his mind at the time were probably just Light and Darkness

Awards

Actually goes along with my old theory that the KK and IKK were created to seal off Kingdom Hearts from MX (which is why the IKK ends up in the Dark Realm and why Mickey knows its there).

Bliip

What I meant was I don't think he planned ahead while developing the first Kingdom Hearts.
we are talking about the same guy, right?

I mean kudos if he acutally did have something in mind the whole time but I think he just created the first game on his inital thoughts..
The only realms going thru his mind at the time were probably just Light and Darkness
maybe, but i think the other two probably were somewhere in there as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back