• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH Shower Thoughts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
New musing on mobile games in light of pending TML updates: Before whenever I saw someone online suggest UX getting a full 3D console remake in UE I'd roll my eyes because there's just no way that would ever get greenlit. UX was always an extremely low budget/low profit game so a remake that would be a production on the scales of KH3 would so not ever get approved by higher ups.

However, TML appears to be an UE game (IDK if this was confirmed factual yet) & the one Disney world confirmed thus far is Tangled, using what looked like environments pulled straight out of KH3. This suggests TML will be another recycled worlds type of game but this time using UE worlds. Which creates a dilemma because in that case there's really only KH3, BC, & kinda 0.2 to pull from. Not a super huge lot of options.

It is thus that suddenly my mind came to see the obvious means of killing of 2 birds with 1 Occam's Razor: Recreate the UX worlds in UE for the purposes of appearing in both TML & RE:UX! TML will have a wider world line-up & RE:UX will be a more cost effective production.

Zackarix

Awards
New musing on mobile games in light of pending TML updates: Before whenever I saw someone online suggest UX getting a full 3D console remake in UE I'd roll my eyes because there's just no way that would ever get greenlit. UX was always an extremely low budget/low profit game so a remake that would be a production on the scales of KH3 would so not ever get approved by higher ups.

However, TML appears to be an UE game (IDK if this was confirmed factual yet) & the one Disney world confirmed thus far is Tangled, using what looked like environments pulled straight out of KH3. This suggests TML will be another recycled worlds type of game but this time using UE worlds. Which creates a dilemma because in that case there's really only KH3, BC, & kinda 0.2 to pull from. Not a super huge lot of options.

It is thus that suddenly my mind came to see the obvious means of killing of 2 birds with 1 Occam's Razor: Recreate the UX worlds in UE for the purposes of appearing in both TML & RE:UX! TML will have a wider world line-up & RE:UX will be a more cost effective production.
I find it kind of weird that Missing Link is being made in Unreal using recycled KH3 assets instead of in Unity using recycled MoM assets. They really remade almost every asset in the series for the purpose of being floating background in a rhythm game. I thought for sure that they'd be reused for something, but there don't appear to be any plans.

Then again, given the recent Unity controversy maybe SE just had some great foresight.

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
What Unity controversy?
Unity announced a month ago changes to their pricing plans that included developers paying more royalties to them if their sell over certain thrseholds. Now that alone is already pretty bad sounding but the real kicker was that the devs would have to pay Unity per download/install of their game, not per purchase, install. In other words, if a single buyer were to delete a game & then at a later time redownload it for whatever reason, that would mean the dev would have to pay twice for it.

Naturally, there are plenty of innocuous reasons for repeat downloads of a single game, wanting to install it on multiple devices, needing to clear space, wanting to replay an older game, etc. Which oh yeah, the policy changes was gonna be retroactive for every game ever made with Unity, not just any new ones released after the change.

Bu apparently the royalties wouldn't even be limited to that. Every download of a game means EVERY download. IE Piracy. Unity has tracking software to know of every single time a game made with their engine is downloaded regardless of source & thus can and will change devs for pirated downloads because that's basically how it was written into the policy. Of course, Unity is keeping all this data private it's very much a "take our word for it" when they send the bill.

Indeed, the worst thing about all this is how much it would weaponizes trolls. Any asshole with a grudge against a dev for whatever was being empowered with the ability to cause real financial harm to said dev with repeated downloads. It's is not a stretch at all to imagine someone going so far as to set up bots & server farms for the express purpose of running a dev out of business with piling royalty fees due to automated endless downloading.

Granted, that's the worst case, the one which presumes that literally any dev was gonna play along. No, the more realistic outcome was that everyone would stop using Unity altogether & remove any existing Unity games from all storefronts. Games like MoM, NEO TWEWY, & Pokemon Go would all collectively cease to exist & Unity would go bankrupt with no more buyers.

Suffice to say, there was considerable backlash against the plan & Unity backtracked on it a week later.

Megavoltage

Awards
I want TAV and Lea to have an adventure together. It's the classic four elements, got to see them travel together. I bet Lea wouldn't get along with them as well as he does Roxas and Xion but the awkwardness and tension would make it extra interesting.

NoWay

Awards
I want TAV and Lea to have an adventure together. It's the classic four elements, got to see them travel together. I bet Lea wouldn't get along with them as well as he does Roxas and Xion but the awkwardness and tension would make it extra interesting.
I think that Aqua actually hates Lea xD I don’t think a joint adventure would work with them because of that, but the idea itself is funny

Megavoltage

Awards
I think that Aqua actually hates Lea xD
The tension they had in KH3 was interesting and I want more of that. Sora and Donald don’t always get along but those bits of annoyance and conflict make them entertaining. Fire and water not being a perfect pair makes sense, I like it. And it could lead to characterization with red and blue having strife but eventually becoming close friends. I’m also really curious about how Lea would act around Ventus’ extended company, it’ll surely be awkward at first. Lea and Terra would probably be bros but some conflict could arise from festering memories of Apprentice Xehanort and/or Xemnas. Think of the drama! I really want this team.

Last edited:
Awards
I think that Aqua actually hates Lea xD I don’t think a joint adventure would work with them because of that, but the idea itself is funny
I don't exactly think an exchange during a tense battle is a good enough way to figure out how a character feels about another really.

Aqua tellin' Axel to focus on the fight isn't enough for me to think she just hates the guy.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
They basically all have to go to the Elemental world.

NoWay

Awards
I don't exactly think an exchange during a tense battle is a good enough way to figure out how a character feels about another really.

Aqua tellin' Axel to focus on the fight isn't enough for me to think she just hates the guy.
You shouldn’t take that post that serious, I thought I was making clear that I was also joking around. I’m sorry for the misunderstanding. I know that Aqua doesn’t hate Axel, I thought how funny it was that the first interaction we have between them was Aqua being bitchy (I don’t know if that’s the correct word, I’m not a native speaker.)

That’s why I’ve said that she hates him, but I didn’t mean it literally

Awards
You shouldn’t take that post that serious, I thought I was making clear that I was also joking around. I’m sorry for the misunderstanding. I know that Aqua doesn’t hate Axel, I thought how funny it was that the first interaction we have between them was Aqua being bitchy (I don’t know if that’s the correct word, I’m not a native speaker.)

That’s why I’ve said that she hates him, but I didn’t mean it literally
It's alright. It's pretty hard to tell what vibe people are conveyin' through text.

KairiTheMang0

Awards
Agreed, it feels more like Aqua is telling him to focus because this is a difficult stressful battle rather than her not liking him. It’s how their character’s would react and I don’t think one snippet of dialogue dictates there whole dynamic.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
yeah but she didn't chew anybody else out over their chitchatting.

Back