• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3 Release Month/Date Prediction

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonicfan2525

Awards
I decided a long time ago that I was getting the most expensive and elaborate collectors edition. Give me a huge Sora statue Square!

Anyways, I really hope I'm able to snag one. Is opening a Square Enix store account my best bet?

SAME. As meep2meep pointed out, you don't really need to make an account to get the CE. It just helps to have one if you want to make the check out process quicker and if you plan on buying more stuff from them in the future.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if GameStop ended up getting the CE too. The Dissidia NT CE was shared with GameStop (and maybe other retailers but I am not entirely sure), which makes me think that Square might not be making them strictly for their online store anymore. I am not the biggest fan of GameStop, but I like my local store and prefer being able to put a small down payment on these kinds of things and gradually pay them off overtime.

If they do end up making one, how much do you think it will cost?

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
Amazon would be the better option for me though. A collectors editions being announced next month would be the most hype thing for me.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I hope whatever CE Square Enix releases, they don't limit it. The 10,000 units worldwide for Final Fantasy XV was a huge mistake. Australia and New Zealand only got a handful of the Collector's Editions, and they were handed out by EB Games via a lottery. It was a shit lottery as well, you had to preorder the game (I forget if it being the Deluxe Edition was a requirement) on day one and then wait for a phone call. If you preordered after day one or didn't get a phone call, you didn't get the chance to grab a Collector's Edition.

And don't get me started on Square Enix promising more of those CE's. They said more details for Australia and NZ would come, and they never did. There were no further options for getting the CE.

If Square does this for Kingdom Hearts 3, I will be distraught. I've never been able to get a Collector's Edition in Australia because they never sell them (I had Master Spockanort ship me the DDD CE in 2012, and Square Enix lost my 2.5 CE that was being sent via Sign).

Square, listen. Please make enough Collector's Editions for everyone.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
That's a crappy situation Chaser! I hope you get the chance to get one!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Thanks! I hope everyone gets a fair chance to grab one if they want it! And hopefully it contains stuff that's actually worth it!!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The original release of 2.5 on ps3 came with a shadow plushie.... to this day beat special edition I've ever bought.
Oh man, that was the main thing I was looking forward to in the 2.5 CE! I still haven't got the Shadow or Dusk plush. My Meow Wow, Mabel, only has Halloween Town Sora to keep her company ;~;

meep2meep

Awards
Oh man, that was the main thing I was looking forward to in the 2.5 CE! I still haven't got the Shadow or Dusk plush. My Meow Wow, Mabel, only has Halloween Town Sora to keep her company ;~;

S$%t you need to get on that!!! Kh plushies are the best.... I'm really hoping for a darkball plush one day
Btw that's awesome that you named your Meow Meow

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
S$%t you need to get on that!!! Kh plushies are the best.... I'm really hoping for a darkball plush one day
Btw that's awesome that you named your Meow Meow
I do, I really do. I have no idea why they never were sold down under though. We have the Funko plushes being sold at EB Games. I was stupid and didn't purchase them when they were discounted from $20 to only $4 each so I'm waiting for a deal like that again before I bite the bullet.

I always thought Angel Stars would translate really well to plushes. If we're lucky, maybe Angel Stars, Darkballs, and Neoshadows could be coming :'D

heartless29%20-%20angel%20star.png

Sonicfan2525

Awards
I do, I really do. I have no idea why they never were sold down under though. We have the Funko plushes being sold at EB Games. I was stupid and didn't purchase them when they were discounted from $20 to only $4 each so I'm waiting for a deal like that again before I bite the bullet.

I always thought Angel Stars would translate really well to plushes. If we're lucky, maybe Angel Stars, Darkballs, and Neoshadows could be coming :'D

Yes please! We could always use more enemy merch of any kind. I love the Shadows but i'd at least like more stuff of different Heartless like the Soldiers and Large Bodies. And the Nobodies rarely get any love at all (i'm still waiting for Square to re-release that Dusk plushie they made a few years back).

Anyways, I'm really sorry that whole thing with your CE happened to you Chaser. Maybe when (and if) the CE for KH3 releases you can get a hold of that and make up for last time. I hope that you can at least get that Shadow plushie someday!

meep2meep

Awards

Awh you really should have! Don't worry they'll go on sale again.
I'd love the angel star but I'd be worried that my dog would eat it's wings off

notnow123487

Awards
Although I agree that it's not going to compete with othe AAA games, this is Kingdom Hearts 3. It has its cult following and at this point I'm sure most people know whether or not they're going to buy it.
I'd love to see it with a September or October release but I think square is going to milk as much time as they can before shipping it.

Kids that have never played KH before are not going to be asking for it during the holidays just because of Frozen. Their target demographic is going to end up being twenty somethings that grew up with the series and then they’ll pull in some kids too. They’re not going to want to compete with CoD, Assassins creed, battlefield, and whatever other first party titles will be out then. If the game isn’t ready by october I’d be surprised if they didn’t just hold it til Q1. FFXV did alright but that’s still a much bigger franchise than KH even with how big the series has gotten. I have three friends that loved KH1 and KH2, but haven’t played since. They’re excited for KH3, but it’s not a priority for them if it’s coming out during the holiday season.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Delaying the game sounds like less of a good idea to me than competing with stuff like COD. Them doing that with FF XV is still in people's minds, and it's just awful. Of course with KH3 there haven't been any huge announcement events to accompany a bitter delay, but still. You don't put 2018 in a trailer (after fans beg for a date like forever) and then don't keep in mind that every month after October is out of the question.

notnow123487

Awards
Delaying the game sounds like less of a good idea to me than competing with stuff like COD. Them doing that with FF XV is still in people's minds, and it's just awful. Of course with KH3 there haven't been any huge announcement events to accompany a bitter delay, but still. You don't put 2018 in a trailer (after fans beg for a date like forever) and then don't keep in mind that every month after October is out of the question.

It wouldn’t be a delay( I guess from 2018 yea, but that’s way different from FF having an exact date pushed back). I’m saying if they know the earliest they can get it ready is November, they’re just going to push it to Q1 before announcing any date, they wouldn’t even bother trying.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Kids that have never played KH before are not going to be asking for it during the holidays just because of Frozen.
Frozen, Big Hero 6, Toy Story, Tangled, there's plenty there that if Disney markets right will have kids noticing and wanting to play.

Their target demographic is going to end up being twenty somethings that grew up with the series and then they’ll pull in some kids too.
They have a large target demographic, especially since Disney is stepping in this time. Adults are certainly one of them, but kids are a big part. They are treating this like an actual Disney game as opposed to the previous releases which just had Disney off the side approving certain worlds and concepts.

They’re not going to want to compete with CoD, Assassins creed, battlefield, and whatever other first party titles will be out then.
This is Square Enix's Japanese flagship title this year. In a question about Square's current business year, the President of Square Enix specifically singled out Kingdom Hearts 3. He brings up the Western studio games, which is going to be the third Tomb Raider game, but then specifically brings up KH3.

GamesTM: What's the focus for Square Enix in the next business year?

Matsuda: Well, we're focussing on everything! If you look at the HD games line-up, most of the core titles in that line-up are going to be Western studio developed. We've also got Kingdom Hearts III...
That says to me, more than anything, is that Square Enix are treating this like any other big game of theirs. Of course the CoD series will have its devoted fanbase picking up the game, as well as a casual audience, but KH3 will have that as well since the series are appealing to different kinds of people.

Also of note, main title Assassin's Creed games have gone bi-yearly, the next main title should launch in 2019. They haven't announced it, but Watch_Dogs 3 could launch this holiday, just like Watch_Dogs 2 in 2016 (and it is a great game, y'all should play).

If the game isn’t ready by october I’d be surprised if they didn’t just hold it til Q1.
They are absolutely not going to delay the game till next year. Did you see / forget the responses this fanbase had when Square promised KH3 news in the winter of 2016/2017 but then didn't deliver? That was insane, and if Square promised 2018 and didn't deliver because they don't want to launch the game alongside annual releases, then there's going to be a massive outcry of disappointed fans.

FFXV did alright but that’s still a much bigger franchise than KH even with how big the series has gotten. I have three friends that loved KH1 and KH2, but haven’t played since. They’re excited for KH3, but it’s not a priority for them if it’s coming out during the holiday season.
Final Fantasy XV did great by having a big marketing push with a game that appealed to a more Western audience, which the previous Final Fantasy games never had. Kingdom Hearts is universal, since we all know Toy Story and we all know Frozen.

I also wouldn't use your three friends as a representative of how sales could go. They do reflect what some people will decide, in which case those people may hold back till post-Christmas sales, or ask for the game for Christmas. But a sample size of three is not a good way to gauge if Square should or shouldn't release KH3 at a certain time.

The release date for KH3 has been chosen for a long time. Osaka has been working towards that date for a long time. Square Enix would have factored in other franchises annual releases when choosing that date. They feel confident, Disney feels confident, and I feel confident that this game is going to grab the attention of a more casual fanbase better than any game since Kingdom Hearts 2 has.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
It wouldn’t be a delay( I guess from 2018 yea, but that’s way different from FF having an exact date pushed back). I’m saying if they know the earliest they can get it ready is November, they’re just going to push it to Q1 before announcing any date, they wouldn’t even bother trying.

If the game does not get released in 2018, I believe it would be considered a delay. I'm pretty sure they would not have announced it if they were not confident about the release year. Having the whole year as wiggle room should be good enough.

Sonicfan2525

Awards
I really don't think competition should be a problem with a game like this. Remember that 2.8 was released the same day as Resident Evil 7. Yeah sure RE is no COD, but it was still one of the larger titles to comes out of last year and there was a lot of anticipation and excitement for it. KH3 is going to be that one game that brings fans who haven't touched a game since KH2 back to the franchise. Sure, theoretically Square will want to avoid releasing it the same day as another huge AAA title, but I have absolute faith it will do fine no matter what day it releases.

UltimaXOmega

The 4th,11th,18th and 25th are the Tuesdays in September.
I'd laugh if the release date was September 11th. (Unfortunate date)
Realistically I'd say September 18th will be the release date.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

If I announce a year and release it in the next, it's a delay, even without a concrete day of release.
I don't see a reason to believe that development isn't going the way it's supposed to, and since the date has been internally decided on a long time ago (and a long time before announcing 2018), I just don't get why it should be pushed back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back