• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH3 Release Month/Date Prediction

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah Spider-Man has long been rumoured for summer. Detroit is rumoured for April-May and God of War is anywhere from March-June AFAIK.

The main wonder I have is the new Tomb Raider game is coming this year. It’s also a Square Enix game and will most likely go for the holiday period at the end of the year. Tomb Raider and KH3 are completely different, but it being the same company makes me wonder if they don’t want to put two flagship games near each other.
good point chaser but i would imagine they would have kh3 out first before tomb raider since it a bigger game then tomb raider though plus it kh3 had it disney factor behind it

Awards
Yeah Spider-Man has long been rumoured for summer. Detroit is rumoured for April-May and God of War is anywhere from March-June AFAIK.

The main wonder I have is the new Tomb Raider game is coming this year. It’s also a Square Enix game and will most likely go for the holiday period at the end of the year. Tomb Raider and KH3 are completely different, but it being the same company makes me wonder if they don’t want to put two flagship games near each other.

I think Tomb Raider is being released in Aug lol KHIII is November/December so I don't think this will be a problem

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
They haven’t shown ANYTHING from Tomb Raider. It’s reveal is looking to be at E3, so you want them to have 2 months of marketing? That isn’t enough time at all.

If KH3 gets a release date next month, then they have a few months of magazines to reveal details. I believe there is also a PAX event and E3. I have the feeling there’s some games convention in Paris in July as well? There’s more chance for KH3 to be shown off between D23 and E3 then there is for Tomb Raider.

Awards
They haven’t shown ANYTHING from Tomb Raider. It’s reveal is looking to be at E3, so you want them to have 2 months of marketing? That isn’t enough time at all.

If KH3 gets a release date next month, then they have a few months of magazines to reveal details. I believe there is also a PAX event and E3. I have the feeling there’s some games convention in Paris in July as well? There’s more chance for KH3 to be shown off between D23 and E3 then there is for Tomb Raider.

But in the announcemente they stated that

"Driven by our goal of putting our fans first, we want you to know that it won't be very long between the official reveal and when you play."

I think they will be fine if they get an Aug/Sep. release

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
That just meant they weren’t going to do the usual Square Enix thing and announce it too early. It’s been in development for years so when they show it off they should be in the polishing / QA stage of things. They should aiming, like most companies now, to show off a game and launch it at least 6 months later. I can’t imagine an AAA game being revealed and then released 2 months later. My mind is unable to fathom that :O

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
i agree with chaser it makes no since to release a game in two months after it annauce was two moth before it was annonced it make more sesne to have it delay to next year when they know they a bigger game to release beforehand

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
i agree with chaser it makes no since to release a game in two months after it annauce was two moth before it was annonced it make more sesne to have it delay to next year when they know they a bigger game to release beforehand
Gosoxtim, I appreciate you agreeing with me but once again I have no idea what you are trying to say here.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
i'm trying to say that there no reason to realease a game in two months after it was revelead two month ahead with no marketing by the way speaking square weren't were surpose to hear something about the avengers game this month?

Last edited:

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Hm, so...looking at the calendar, I realized Nov. 13 is a Tuesday and Dec. 7th is a Friday (Sep. 7th is a Friday, too, but that seems a bit early). I know it sounds meme-y and all, but I'd still think that a 13th / 7th release date could be used for marketing in some way, and it'd be like a sweet icing on the cake if it makes sense marketing-wise to release it in that window.
Then again, I have no idea which games are being release at that time, so ehh.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
with disney being behind this game i expect them to push the game into the holiday season

Awards
with disney being behind this game i expect them to push the game into the holiday season

Nov 23 would be the perfect date, one week before the black friday and close enough to christmas, if they market the game in the right way they could get really good numbers.

I'm a bit conserned about how much this game will sell tbh

Last edited:

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Nov 23 would be the perfect date, one week before the black friday and close enough to christmas, if they market the game in the right they could get really good numbers.

I'm a bit conserned about how much this game will sell tbh
i think it will sell well the diehard will buy it but as for the general audience it needs disney to market the game to the audience

Recon

Art of War
Awards
My guess would be closer to winter holidays. But a August, September, or October announcement would be a nice surprise.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Optimistically, I'd say September, as that's when KH 1.5 released back in 2013. But, I'd say Winter 2018 is more likely. Late November or Early December, I imagine.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
Another important thing regarding release date would also be if we get a simultaneous release date. I would absolutely hate it if some jerk decided to spoil it for me.

sdr27

Awards
There is a huge hint for it to release in November and that's the 16-month calendar that they released last D23. Why would they end it in November but not December. So im betting Nov 13th or 20th. I'm surprised that nobody caught on to the hint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back