• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KHI makes a KH game! Discussion #4: World and Level Design

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show
I tried to stay true to Arkrend's last revision while adding a bit of my own stuff as well. I hope I did a good job! It may be a little detailed but I'd rather write more and get my point across than write half of what I wanna write.

Anyways, feel free to give critique. Some things may be a little hectic in this world + there's only one boss battle (maybe add one against Jumba? Like he first battles you before he agrees to help you. Pleakley would be at the side being all like 'Jumba stop it! Don't hurt humans!' Idk).

Things that Arkrend suggested earlier (like mini-games?) can be added as well if you guys feel like things like that should be added!

EDIT: Corrected some typos (I was really tired yesterday so I'm sure it's full of mistakes) and changed the ending a little bit to make it more like the movie version.

Last edited:

DarkRiku-12

^ Yeah, maybe a boss battle with Jumba could work, actually. Like, while they're on their way to Jumba's ship, the camera view kinda switches to inside the jungle, looking out on the main characters walking, and you see a pair of fingers snap (Horned King), and Jumba gets a bit of a headache. They ask what's wrong and he says it's nothing, but by the time they get to the ship he's wobbling everywhere and moaning in pain. Stitch asks what's wrong and Jumba's all like "What's wrong? YOU'RE WHAT'S WRONG! I MADE YOU TO BE A MONSTER AND YOU'VE GONE SOFT!" He turns around and his eyes are glowing yellow, his skin's a little bit darker, est. He goes to his ship, pulls out dual ray guns from the cockpit and says "IMBECILES! ALL OF YOU! I'M GOING TO EXTERMINATE YOU!"

Then the boss battle starts. Basically, it's Jumba shooting at you with the ray guns and jumping around a little bit once his health gets low. Of course Pleakley will be on the sidelines shouting stuff like "Jumba, stop!" and "We don't hurt humans, remember!?"

Once you beat him, he goes back to normal and doesn't even remember what happened. Basically, the Horned King corrupted Jumba with darkness to give Gantu some time to come back to Hawaii. He didn't want to take the chance of them getting away in the ship before Gantu got there.

Just an idea, I LOVE your plot weather we add this or not :)

Arkrend

Well Jumba is pretty evil up until the end of the movie.

[video=youtube;LIbZBT0qSsU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIbZBT0qSsU[/video]

And insane. Mad science isn't about why, but why not. Jumba did things purely for the evils. He's also helpless without a blaster.

Anyone else notice Jasmine is a little... kinky for a Disney princess?

[video=youtube;tCUDS-Q67Mg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCUDS-Q67Mg[/video]

Implied beastiality = Sales.

EDIT: I also wanted to take a minute to write out the sub-plots for Legacy City.

I know that the four go to Legacy City after every world, but remember that this means the four only have seven trips to Legacy City.

We should probably start knocking ideas around and begin discussing what happens in these trips, and we should also start thinking about when the Sacrifices finally make their debut in the story.

I'm thinking Olympus since it's the next world to be written, and it's the perfect time to introduce the Sacrifices.

First let's review the already established plots for the trips to Legacy City.

Trip 1 = The Festival

Trip 2 = The four learning about Lucius' Past

Trip 3 = ???

Trip 4 = ???

Trip 5 = ???

Trip 6 = ???

Trip 7 = The Horned King's invasion

During one of these trips, Gantu comes to Legacy City and unleashes 626's cousins. We already know that much, and we also know he'll reveal the Horned King's plans to the four. Or at least what little he knows from his brief encounter.

Now we need to remember what happens before and after each of these trips.

Trip 1 = The four return from their solo worlds. They've yet to formally meet, or do they understand exactly what's going on.

Trip 2 = The four have just returned from their first paired worlds. Brand had his first true encounter with darkness.

Trip 3 = Raine, and Linnea just discovered that the Heartless are gathered objects from different worlds for some strange reason. Brand and Ciel had their first straight up encounter with Animus.

Trip 4 = The four have just returned from Olympus, and didn't exactly have their best day. They were tested as a team, and didn't exactly pull through.

Trip 5 = The four have just returned from their next set of paired worlds. Except for Brand and Ciel. Linnea and Raine notice that the Bridge to the Sword in the Stone world is repaired, but Brand and Ciel have yet to return. They enter the Stone in the Sword world, and help Ciel hold off Animus until Brand finally returns and manages to surprise Animus. Animus leaves, and allows the four to return to Legacy City.

Trip 6 = Brand and Ciel have just returned from Treasure Planet. Their encounter with Captain Silver allowed them, for the first time, to meet someone who used darkness but was still good. Raine and Linnea just met another member of the Horned King's council

Trip 7 = The four have just returned from repairing their latest set of Bridges, and according to Lucius, their last.

So now that we've isolated the important events preceding the trips to Legacy City.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Also, since this thread is also about deciding the look of the worlds, I noticed that the fountain in Legacy City has Sora's Keyblade inside of it.

That's a good easter egg, and it's exactly what an easter egg should. It's nice that some people understand what it means for something to be an easter egg.

It's a subtle reference or joke hidden somewhere in the game's level design or dialogue.

Sadly I have a suggestion that takes away this genius easter egg.

What it the Keyblade in the fountain in front of the tower was the Primal Keyblade?

When Lucius reveals his intentions, he is on top of the Legacy City tower. He summons his Keyblade, and the fountain shatters as the Primal Keyblade comes to him. Then Lucius jumps down from the tower, the towers shatters into a million pieces as this happens, and lunges at the four.

Epic weapon summon is epic!

Through the entire game your just walking back and forth past this fountain, and you have no idea this ultimate weapon is just sleeping inside of it waiting to be unleashed.

"Fountains. Can't trust 'em."

Maybe Sora's Keyblade could be hidden away somehwere else? Maybe the key to the chest that holds Oswald's journal could be shaped just like Sora's Keyblade.

LINNEA: Look a key! Now we can open the chest!

CIEL: Linnea.

Ciel summons her Keyblade.

CIEL: What part of key to everything don't you get?

LINNEA: Oh yeah.

And Oswald could have Mickey Mouse symbols hidden all over his room. Or maybe a hidden poster of Mickey Mouse with the Mickey's ears crossed out, and rabbit ears drawn on. And there could be writing on it that says, "This should be me!"

Maybe all of Oswald's secret reports tell the story of how he left home to leave the shadow of Mickey. Mostly just a light hearted funny side story you unlock by gathering the reports.

Last edited:

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
So how about that Lilo & Stitch world? Everyone okay with how it's written in that plot pyramid or not?

And btw, I was watching the walkthrough for the Lost Archive DLC (AC: R). And I saw this (skip to 9:20):

[video=youtube;HzH8CTAr_rs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzH8CTAr_rs[/video]

Seriously, I think that should be the color pattern for the inside of Lucius his tower + some black tones here and there. You can really feel the light y'know?

+ if my memory serves me correctly, DarkRiku made the tower look a bit dark from the outside. That would be some nice symbolism right there.

"No matter how dark things look, there's always light to be found inside". Nice little wink to the original series (I believe they say a sentence like that).

Oh sh-- Arkrend edited his post. Gonna read all of that now!

EDIT: Read it all, pretty much loved it all!

The Keyblade in the fountain being the Primal Keyblade? Genius! The conflict between the four main characters? Amazing! Linnea taking a Key that looks just like KK? Funny as hell!

The only things I might add are pure details (and more important to write the script anyway). Things such as:

Brand using Darkness for the very first time in the second paired world (and that bringing up some conflict between Brand and Ciel. I'd imagine Ciel would keep it a secret as long as Brand doesn't use Darkness anymore, which he will do again in OC).

Another thing I'd like to add is that Lucius should say repairing the Bridges was a test and that they showed what it takes to be real Keyblade Masters and therefore, can obtain more conidential information (being KH).

Anyway, all in all, I pretty much like it all! :D

Last edited:

DarkRiku-12

^ 19:20? There's only 19 minutes and 7 seconds in the video, lol XD

As for Arkrend's stuff, I read all of it, and I love it. Especially Part 5, that's my favorite.

And I have a small suggestion. When they fight Animus in the Sword in the Stone world, I think that should be when Animus reveals that he can wield a keyblade. I remember that apparently Animus has a case of amnesia due to being in the dark realm for so long (even going as far as forgetting how to wield a keyblade), and he's supposed to regain his memories as the game goes on. So I think that this would be a good time for him to reveal (well, actually remember) his true powers. Like, for the first part of the fight with Ciel, Linnea, and Raine; he'll do classic dark sorcerer stuff, like floating around, shooting dark firagas at you, etc. and then when Brand comes back from the Dark Realm, Animus will get visibly pissed that Brand managed to escape. Then something along the lines of this will happen:

*Animus is about to strike down the other three with a dark firaga when he gets struck by Brand *off screen*

Animus: What!? You!? How did you... how did you escape!?

Brand: Miss me, baldy?

Animus: You think you're so smart don't you, you little wretch!

Brand: Well I'm obviously smarter than you, considering that I escaped the little trap that you set up.

Animus: Ggggrrrr..... Just who do you think you are!? A MASTER!? NO! YOU'RE JUST A SNOT NOSED BRAT WHO THINKS HE CAN WIELD A KEYBLADE! Let me show you how it's done! *summons his keyblade in his anger*

*after that, everyone looks a bit surprised and the battle begins*

Also, that script was kind of off the top of my head, lol :p You guys can change that if you want.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
^ 19:20? There's only 19 minutes and 7 seconds in the video, lol XD

As for Arkrend's stuff, I read all of it, and I love it. Especially Part 5, that's my favorite.

And I have a small suggestion. When they fight Animus in the Sword in the Stone world, I think that should be when Animus reveals that he can wield a keyblade. I remember that apparently Animus has a case of amnesia due to being in the dark realm for so long (even going as far as forgetting how to wield a keyblade), and he's supposed to regain his memories as the game goes on. So I think that this would be a good time for him to reveal (well, actually remember) his true powers. Like, for the first part of the fight with Ciel, Linnea, and Raine; he'll do classic dark sorcerer stuff, like floating around, shooting dark firagas at you, etc. and then when Brand comes back from the Dark Realm, Animus will get visibly pissed that Brand managed to escape. Then something along the lines of this will happen:

*Animus is about to strike down the other three with a dark firaga when he gets struck by Brand *off screen*

Animus: What!? You!? How did you... how did you escape!?

Brand: Miss me, baldy?

Animus: You think you're so smart don't you, you little wretch!

Brand: Well I'm obviously smarter than you, considering that I escaped the little trap that you set up.

Animus: Ggggrrrr..... Just who do you think you are!? A MASTER!? NO! YOU'RE JUST A SNOT NOSED BRAT WHO THINKS HE CAN WIELD A KEYBLADE! Let me show you how it's done! *summons his keyblade in his anger*

*after that, everyone looks a bit surprised and the battle begins*

Also, that script was kind of off the top of my head, lol :p You guys can change that if you want.

BOB SAGET! That should've been 9:20 haha lol. Thanks for pointing that out!

And I actually like that! I mean, you would think 'Oh god, Animus is already that strong, now he has a Keyblade as well?' and then you pown his ass with Brand.

It would make sense that Brand is able to defeat him, even though Animus already wielded a Keyblade, he hasn't used it for years so he'll have to get used to it again. Next time they meet, he'll be used to wielding a Keyblade again.

In short, I'm all for your idea man!

DarkRiku-12

Thank you! ^^

And I like that idea for the inside of Lucius' tower O.O Before when I imagined it, I thought if a lot of white marble with some black marble thrown in. Maybe we could combine both of those ideas?

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Thank you! ^^

And I like that idea for the inside of Lucius' tower O.O Before when I imagined it, I thought if a lot of white marble with some black marble thrown in. Maybe we could combine both of those ideas?

Yes, entirely possible I think! Marble floor (possible black marble) and white marble mixed with the blue-ish material from the AC video). It should look good!

inverse K-blade7

Maybe I'm just forgetting something, but whats this massive failure in Olympus Arkrend kept referencing? Is it Animus beating them up or something?

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Maybe I'm just forgetting something, but whats this massive failure in Olympus Arkrend kept referencing? Is it Animus beating them up or something?

Failing in working together as a team I'd imagine. Brand using Darkness, resulting in a conflict between the four, ultimately letting Animus escape once again. Shiz like that I think.

Arkrend

I was just being vague since we have yet to decide the exact events of Olympus, but we did decide it would be a world where the four are tested as a team and things go wrong. Mainly that this would be the world where Brand's darkness starts to become an issue that messes with the group dynamics.

The only things we have decided for Olympus are:

- Brand uses his darkness openly in front of the others, and this causes Raine to lose his cool for the first time. This causes tension among the four, and makes Olympus a difficult world for them

- Animus is heavily involved in the events of Olympus

- Hercules is not a true hero yet

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
I have a question. Have we already done Princess and the Frog? And do we have Dr. Facilier doing what Hades does in the other games, manipulating a Final Fantasy character into attacking the protagonist? Because that was one of the ideas I was most looking forward to in this game.

DarkRiku-12

^ No we haven't and idk because we haven't done it yet, lol :p

So... if we pretty much have Lilo & Stitch down, what's the next world on the list? It'd be the next LC trip, wouldn't it?

Arkrend

Since now we have a better idea of what happens in during each LC trip, I thought now would be a good time to catch up on the other LC trips since we're a little behind with it.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Since now we have a better idea of what happens in during each LC trip, I thought now would be a good time to catch up on the other LC trips since we're a little behind with it.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Everything's fine but I've gotta ask, didn't we decide against the idea of Brand having his first experience with Darkness when fighting Supai? I can remember people saying that was a bit too early for him to actually experience/use Darkness himself.

I've noticed that you keep mentioning that so I'm guessing there's a misunderstanding here.

Also, Raine getting down on one knee for Lucius seems a bit overkill no?

inverse K-blade7

Yeah, as far as I remember, Brand doesnt actually do any darkness stuff in KotS. But he could still feel uncomfortable for not seeing why darkness is so bad.

Arkrend

Everything's fine but I've gotta ask, didn't we decide against the idea of Brand having his first experience with Darkness when fighting Supai? I can remember people saying that was a bit too early for him to actually experience/use Darkness himself.

I've noticed that you keep mentioning that so I'm guessing there's a misunderstanding here.

Also, Raine getting down on one knee for Lucius seems a bit overkill no?

It doesn't really matter what gesture Raine makes. It won't matter until we're actually making the scene in the engine. I just imagine that Raine would bow or do something to show some sign of respect to Lucius when he's apologizing for repeatedly prying into Lucius' past.

As for Brand using darkness, It would be the same as Terra did during the Mark of Mastery. I wouldn't say it's too soon just for Brand to realize he has the potential to use darkness. Terra realized this at the very start of Birth By Sleep.

Look at the Robin Hood script scene that DarkRiku voiced for his Animus audition. Brand explains to Ciel that he used darkness during the tournament, and Ciel went off on him about how he isn't supposed to be doing that. It's implied Brand briefly used darkness before, but doesn't actually know how to control it.

Terra gained true access to darkness in Radiant Garden. Brand would gain access during Olympus, and he finally becomes a true darkness user at the end of the Sword in the Stone world.

So Olympus would be when he could use spells that use the power of darkness, and I imagine that after the Sword in the Stone world, Brand's Keyblade would now be its "dark" version.

Remember how every Keyblade is supposed to have a dark counterpart? Mickey went all the way to the Realm of Darkness to find Kingdom Key D, because he needed a Keyblade from the Realm of Darkness. I always figured that the ending of Brand's trip to the Realm of Darkness would be Brand acquiring the "dark" version of his Keyblade and leaving behind his "light" one.

Also here's the original outline for Kingdom of the Sun.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I think the main point is that Brand shows in interest in darkness, and the others don't approve of this. By the time he's in Robin Hood's world he'll use darkness at least once during the tournament similar to how Terra used darkness during the Mark of Mastery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back