• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts 2 issues?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xelon99

Awards
Re: Kingdom hearts 2 issues?

anyone know how to beat the prison keeper heartless, when it does those fireballs, I can't hit them back
Simply blocking the fireball (at the right time) works. You could also dodge it around the hill though, if that's easier for you. Just watch out in the last phase, it shoots multiple balls in a row

Vanitas yomi

and ooogie boogie, he's really making me mad, I've spent like an hour trying to beat him

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards

It's hard to say what to recommend without any details as to what's bothering you about him! It's such a weird fight, after all. Do you feel you're hitting him with presents enough but are just getting killed, or is hitting him the problem?

Updating Wisdom Form so that you at least have Quick Run will help you dodge the punching glove, help you survive when he speeds up the treadmill, and help you at least get to the end of the lane when he changes lanes. You're going to have to learn how to change to the proper lane yourself. If you don't have Quick Run yet, it's probably easiest to train Wisdom Form on a previous world with lots of Shadows, you'll have to get it to Level 2. Don't use Wisdom Form against Oogie himself, it won't be any help.

If push comes to shove, Halloween Town and the world it unlocks are technically optional and you can come back to them later. But they'll be upgraded later and you'll have to go to other worlds weaker than you should be, so that may not be the best idea.

Last edited:

Vanitas yomi

its just dodging the lightning that is hard for me and those heartless

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards

its just dodging the lightning that is hard for me and those heartless

You're going to have to take the lightning slow, so don't worry about hitting Oogie until you're clear. Just go slow and steady as you can. Dodging is the best option so just avoid any distractions and do your best to dodge. If that fails...

If you're about to be hit, use Reflect (put it on your quick-spells). Cast it multiple times if that helps you feel safer. Yes, the treadmill will take you back towards the grinders when you cast Reflect, but that's not the worst thing in the world. Better to take one hit from the grinders than three from the lightning. If you're far enough up the treadmill when you start casting Reflect, you might not get hit by the grinders at all. If there are Heartless running around when the lightning comes, Reflect might even kill them.

As for the Heartless: if Oogie is attacking you, dodge that first. If we're talking about a Wight Knight, let Donald, Goofy and Jack deal with them whenever you can. If Oogie is between attacks, use Quick Run to get away from the Heartless and hopefully they'll attack one of your teammates instead. If a Heartless is coming after you, dodge Oogie's attacks first, then attack the Heartless.

Emerald Blues are a bigger concern, they're just a huge pain in general. Unless Oogie is launching an attack (dodging Oogie's attack is always the priority), I'd attack the Emerald Blues as soon as it appears so it can't start doing anything. If you see it coming for you with its shield attack, Reflect is a good idea, because it might kill the thing. If all else fails, run away again and hope it goes after Donald or whatever.

Long story short, dodge first, attack Emerald Blues second, attack Oogie Boogie third, attack Wight Knights only if there's nothing else to do.

Last edited:

Xelon99

Awards

Oh Oogie... he was a real pain for me in Critical.

The lightning isn't as much as a problem. The lightning moves faster than the boxes, so don't go for any of the boxes which are about to get hit. Stay on the safe side of things, you've got plenty time. Like Blackdrazon says, reflect if you're about to get hit. Use it as a panic-defense.

For Heartless there's a quite easy trick. You'd never have to hit them once at all. If they Heartless bags pop out, go to the front of the belt and switch to another side. This will immediately force Oogie to do a different attack, which can be any attack really. Lightning, firebombs and the glove hurts the Heartless as well, if they have not yet despawned. Once Oogie does a different attack when you moved, simply move back to the correct belt when you can and continue.

Vanitas yomi

ok I'm at hollow bastion and fighting the dancer nobodies and they keep killing me, how do I beat them?

Hovhannes1998

I think it the training also really depends on what worlds you have unlocked because it's just more fun to train in some worlds than the rest. I liked Pride Lands or maybe even cavern of remembrance for training in FM. However, like stated above, you always want to keep the enemies a challenge (not too OP) but not one-shots either. So level plays a huge factor in where you want to train.

Hovhannes1998

As for the Dancers, it is important to take them out quickly to avoid their grab attack thing. Like Blackdrazon said, thunder and other magics are helpful, but just plain hitting them with lots of abilities equipped will do the trick. I feel like I'm saying this too much, but that jump in the level for Hollow Bastion is pretty big so just level grind before taking them on.

Vanitas yomi

I am level 32 now and the combat level is 28 but I am playing on proud mode

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards

Yeah, the Battle Level doesn't change on higher difficulties so it does pay to be a little over-levelled in Proud. Play at whatever level you're comfortable with.

Last edited:

Vanitas yomi

oh and for the absent silhouettes what level should I be to fight them?

Xelon99

Awards

oh and for the absent silhouettes what level should I be to fight them?
As high as possible. You really do not want to mess with those before you're ready. If you're experienced and know all their tricks they're very doable at lower levels, but nonetheless any help is useful with those. If you're confident about your skills, go ahead and try to fight them. It might take a few tries to get their patterns and weaknesses memorized though.

If you want tips for specific battles, you could always ask for that. Or look through youtube, as there are plenty visual guides as well.

Vanitas yomi

how do you shortcut to magic or like I have seen in a video this explosion attack on the ground, how do I get that

Xelon99

Awards
Magic shortcuts are under Customization in the menu. But the magic you saw in the video is called Explosion. You'll get it later on if you follow the story normally. It's a combo finisher, so it'll activate automatically

Demxy can be beaten pretty much the same way as on any other difficulty. Dispatch of the water-clones as fast as possible. Once you hit one, you'll prompt a Reaction Command called "Wild Dance". This will both swirl the clone around, doing damage to everything around it and it attracts all other clones towards you.
As soon as the clones are done (you'd have to do it a few times) you can bash on Demyx. All you gotta do is watch his movements carefully and use reflect when he attacks you with pillars of water. Ice-type magic won't hurt him and Lightning-type magic does half damage. So if you want to use magic, stick with Fire. Which actually is a good advanced strategy, to go in Wisdom Form and spam Fire over Demyx.

Vanitas yomi

yeah having trouble with his water attacks like the splash and i can't act fast enough to use reflect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back