• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom hearts 3 demo

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingnice92

Here is what I think what a Kingdom Hearts 3 demo would be like.

Sora, Donald and goofy are in dunbroch, helping out Merida with her mother who is trapped in a body of a bear.
fighting heartless while trying to get to the 'wood-crafter's' cottage.
this scene will play out like the beginning of FFXV's episode duscae demo with them walking.

after some introduction to the mechanics of the battle system (attraction flow will come later) they find the witch's cottage abandoned. After the message from her, the cottage blows up. Sora covering Merida and elinor with a shield spell.

Later, Merida and elinor need to get to the castle to stop the fighting. This will play out like the prompto kidnapping script in episode duscae. Sora and the others find Elinor trapped by her husband and the others.
wondering where Merida is, they go into the castle to get Merida out. And with the help of the triplets, they go rescue the queen and get them to normal before the sun rises.

The attraction flow here will be bobsleds to keep up with Merida who is riding angus.
along the way, you will have to fight heartless or rescuing one of the triplets.
and get to the stone circle.

there, a boss fight will occur, shifting the battle from Fergus to Mor'du.
then the battle shifts to cutscene with Sora attacking Mor'du.

BEASTENDER

To be honest, it's just that I don't really want Brave to be so high on the list that it would be featured in a demo lol There are so many older Disney and Pixar properties I want to make it in over a movie like Brave. I'd compare it to Fro...that one film my keyboard can't type, but that'd be an insult to Brave, especially since Brave wasn't all that bad. (To be fair, neither was that uh, "film", it's just the annoying hype and fanbase around it that bothers me so)

As weird as it seems, it's hard to imagine a KH3 demo being released. If we ever got one, I don't think Brave being the world would be a good idea at all (No offense intended. Your thoughts are very well thought out and are worthy of praise :)

I VERY much like your idea revolving around Attraction Flow that isn't a Disney ride. I've never been to Disney Land, but I have been to Disney World 3 times, and I honestly can't think of too many rides that would work as a means of attack. You shouldn't flood it with roller coasters since it'd be too similar, and there are only so many thrill and flat rides that would even make sense as a combat mechanic, even in boss fights. It was mentioned that attraction flow was inspired by Disney Attractions, and not that they'd carbon copies of existing ones (It's just the two we have basically are so I assumed lol). So that actually gives me hope.

Me, I'd love for a Solar Surfer Attraction Flow based off Treasure Planet. It could be the new Magic Carpet gimmick but so much better and not so awkward as it was in KH2 (And I'd love it if it was a moving boss fight through space and multiple galaxies). Again, very good ideas, It's just that even though we got a XV demo, a KH demo still seems unheard of. And if we ever do get one, the world choice is critical as many people will play the demo and use that world to form their first opinion of KH3, and I don't think Brave is good enough (From a popularity standpoint, not a quality one) to be a world featured in a demo. Tabata is the type of man to make a demo to hear feedback from the fans. Nomura seems like the type of..I'll listen to your cries through interviews, but I'm keeping everything hush hush until I'm ready and you get what you get kind of guy. Not because he doesn't care for the fans and their opinions, goodness no. He's just been that confident in his team and their skills and ideas, and for this reason, I personally doubt we'll see a demo before release. This is why I often tell people to trust in Nomura and his team. It'll be playable at some events for sure eventually, but I don't know if they'll release a demo to the public. There's a first time for everything though :D

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I honestly can see a KH3 demo being released, but similar to the FFXV demo, it would be exclusive inside another SE game in order to boost sales (I don't know who WOULDN'T want to play this demo, KH3 is potentially the most hyped game that exists in the entire world right now).

That being said, given most of the people who would play the demo are casual gaming fans, Brave would not be an effective world to introduce (but graphically it would be beautiful). I know people hate it from hype, but I got an exclusive screening before it was released, so I'll say it, FROZEN WOULD BE PERFECT! I thought Frozen was an absolute masterpiece (best Disney movie ever? NO! Top 15 movies ever? Definitely) and it's so current that it would peak people's interest. Wreck-It-Ralph would also be a good one if it's in the game given it deals with video games and is recent.

The Attraction Flow bobsleds would work even better in Arendalle going down the North Mountain running from Marshmellow (Elsa's Snow Monster) with Anna, Kristoff, Sven, and Olaf on your sled or an adjacent one.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Good attraction flow idea, I'd like to see a lightcycle from tron utilized to similar effect as a true traversal method rather than poor minigames with clunky controls.

can't imagine brave as much as frozen or big hero 6, both big sellers. Honestly tho I imagine it'd be designed similarly to the demo for 3D, just some basic combat, movement, interaction, a short feel of the game we've been anticipating all this time. The gambit would pay off similarly to XV, who in the world wouldn't be disappointed if we were all expecting this top notch game and got shiny painted kh2 on launch day? I don't foresee that happening either however the staff could address minor glitches and tweak/balance some little things before we get the game.

I still would love to see a raid mode/dungeon crawler for kh3, and the demo could be a 20 minute long multiplayer mission or two in the fashion of RE5 to get our bearings of the elusive title.

shuyin_zer0

Awards
I can only see a demo being released alongside a potential PS4/XOne port of the reMIXs (and fingers crossed for DDD HD). Copies would sell fast

Awards
To be honest, it's just that I don't really want Brave to be so high on the list that it would be featured in a demo lol There are so many older Disney and Pixar properties I want to make it in over a movie like Brave. I'd compare it to Fro...that one film my keyboard can't type, but that'd be an insult to Brave, especially since Brave wasn't all that bad. (To be fair, neither was that uh, "film", it's just the annoying hype and fanbase around it that bothers me so)

Yes there are a lot of great Disney/Pixar 3D movies but personally Frozen was really good. I got to see it with my little sisters and cousins on DVD after refusing to watch it in theaters and I became a believer. It's an amazing movie. I mean it made it's way into Once Upon a Time for a reason.

As weird as it seems, it's hard to imagine a KH3 demo being released. If we ever got one, I don't think Brave being the world would be a good idea at all (No offense intended. Your thoughts are very well thought out and are worthy of praise :)

I VERY much like your idea revolving around Attraction Flow that isn't a Disney ride. I've never been to Disney Land, but I have been to Disney World 3 times, and I honestly can't think of too many rides that would work as a means of attack. You shouldn't flood it with roller coasters since it'd be too similar, and there are only so many thrill and flat rides that would even make sense as a combat mechanic, even in boss fights. It was mentioned that attraction flow was inspired by Disney Attractions, and not that they'd carbon copies of existing ones (It's just the two we have basically are so I assumed lol). So that actually gives me hope.

Me, I'd love for a Solar Surfer Attraction Flow based off Treasure Planet. It could be the new Magic Carpet gimmick but so much better and not so awkward as it was in KH2 (And I'd love it if it was a moving boss fight through space and multiple galaxies). Again, very good ideas, It's just that even though we got a XV demo, a KH demo still seems unheard of. And if we ever do get one, the world choice is critical as many people will play the demo and use that world to form their first opinion of KH3, and I don't think Brave is good enough (From a popularity standpoint, not a quality one) to be a world featured in a demo. Tabata is the type of man to make a demo to hear feedback from the fans. Nomura seems like the type of..I'll listen to your cries through interviews, but I'm keeping everything hush hush until I'm ready and you get what you get kind of guy. Not because he doesn't care for the fans and their opinions, goodness no. He's just been that confident in his team and their skills and ideas, and for this reason, I personally doubt we'll see a demo before release. This is why I often tell people to trust in Nomura and his team. It'll be playable at some events for sure eventually, but I don't know if they'll release a demo to the public. There's a first time for everything though :D

I mean KH3D had a demo and I think it's becoming more commonplace for Square-Enix after Lightning Returns and FFXV. Especially because it likely sold a lot more copies of Final Fantasy Type-0.

I can only see a demo being released alongside a potential PS4/XOne port of the reMIXs (and fingers crossed for DDD HD). Copies would sell fast
I agree.

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
KINGDOM HEARTS 3D Dream. Drop. Distance. had a DEMO released on the eShop. A KHIII can either work in the PlayStation Store, or only be available for the first shipment of copies of a possible KH3D DDD HD ReMix.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

The Matterhorn bobsled is one of the most famous roller coasters in Disneyland. There are plenty of rides that work, this would for example could have done the trick without you ever realizing that it was a roller coaster. Keep an open mind.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
They probs wouldn't give us anything besides an opportunity to run around a world like Twilight Town (or hopefully something with a bit more vertical depth) that isn't as plot relevant, let us fight some Heartless and finish with a boss of sorts.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
They probs wouldn't give us anything besides an opportunity to run around a world like Twilight Town (or hopefully something with a bit more vertical depth) that isn't as plot relevant, let us fight some Heartless and finish with a boss of sorts.
Knowing Nomura, he'd probably add something so relevant that the demo will be necessary in order to understand KHIII.

BEASTENDER

The Matterhorn bobsled is one of the most famous roller coasters in Disneyland. There are plenty of rides that work, this would for example could have done the trick without you ever realizing that it was a roller coaster. Keep an open mind.

I still don't think it's a good idea to have too many roller coasters, when a ride has to meet a certain standard to even be classified as one, and thus makes them similar to a degree. And because of how similar they are in nature despite the varying speeds and gimmicks and such, I don't see how you can make them all dramatically different than the last and still make multiple fun to use and avoid repetition (Possible, but I still fell it's a little uninspired). And even if you make a ride work in combat, that doesn't necessarily mean that it will be fun or interesting to use. I'm sure you could turn virtually every ride into a fighting mechanic with some thought, but would that be fun and avoid repetition; that's my concern when it comes to using all Disney Rides for Attraction Flow. And to be fair as I said, I've only been to Disney World (all parks except for the water ones), so I don't know what rides Disney Land has, and if they greatly differ from those in Disney World. I certainly do have an open mind since I full heartedly trust Nomura and Osaka Team :) I just like the idea of greatly increasing the possibilities with attractions that aren't based on actual Disney Rides as it was stated that they were inspired by them, and not directly based off of them (though the current ones we have are definitely based off some existing ones lol). When it comes to rides that can only be summoned at certain times and around certain enemies, I don't think using attractions too similar to other ones is a good idea at all. Either way, I know it'll all work out whichever route they chose to take.

I just thought it'd be cool to also include non Disney Ride Attractions too like he mentioned. That alongside actual Disney Rides could make sure that every attraction mechanic genuinely feels totally different than the others. Though as you say, I'm positive Osaka can still make it work if it's Disney Rides only, otherwise I doubt it would have been such a crucial mechanic.

PS. I also didn't know there was a DDD demo. I know you could play DDD at events, but I didn't know it was released to the public. So maybe there's hope for one. But if there is, I'm definitely not playing it. If I waited this long, I want it to be complete lol Looking at XV's demo and all the problems it had (which are being fixed soon), I'm very glad that I waited.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
There is a big difference between episode duscae and the DDD demo to my understanding. The DDD demo was a short section near the beginning of the game to get a feel of it while duscae is community feedback and a hella amount of patches and updates.

Awards
Tabata is the type of man to make a demo to hear feedback from the fans. Nomura seems like the type of..I'll listen to your cries through interviews, but I'm keeping everything hush hush until I'm ready and you get what you get kind of guy. Not because he doesn't care for the fans and their opinions, goodness no. He's just been that confident in his team and their skills and ideas, and for this reason, I personally doubt we'll see a demo before release. This is why I often tell people to trust in Nomura and his team. It'll be playable at some events for sure eventually, but I don't know if they'll release a demo to the public.

There is a big difference between episode duscae and the DDD demo to my understanding. The DDD demo was a short section near the beginning of the game to get a feel of it while duscae is community feedback and a hella amount of patches and updates.

I think/hope/pray there will be a demo that there will be a demo and I believe if there is it will be atleast like KH3D but hopefully more like FFXIII Lightning Returns where the goal is to present something to the players to get them hyped and include an awesome story related cutscene.

Below are the three of the most recent and relevant Demos for Square Enix Games. Also it might be worth noting since Nomura did initially put a lot of time into FFXV he may support that type of demo.
[video=youtube;1DWxELsRMnw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DWxELsRMnw[/video]
[video=youtube;gyYA4gu9pgY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyYA4gu9pgY[/video]

Last edited:
Awards
Double Post so I can embed 3rd video into page (ex. the limit is 2)
[video=youtube;0VAjGUtjwfU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VAjGUtjwfU[/video]

BEASTENDER

I think/hope/pray there will be a demo that there will be a demo and I believe if there is it will be atleast like KH3D but hopefully more like FFXIII Lightning Returns where the goal is to present something to the players to get them hyped and include an awesome story related cutscene.

Below are the three of the most recent and relevant Demos for Square Enix Games. Also it might be worth noting since Nomura did initially put a lot of time into FFXV he may support that type of demo.

The thing is, the demo slowed down development a bit. Tabata mentioned several times how they had to divide themselves while a team worked on the demo. And if I'm not mistaken (I could look it up) the demo took several months to make and complete for Type0. They didn't just take a scene from the game, cut it, and then release it and say, "here, play it" lol They had to take out time to develop a very specific demo, which is time they could have spent just working on the full game. As we all know, it was an extraordinarily good idea to release that demo. Now the final game will be drastically improved. It should also be noted, another reason that demo was crucial was because it's Square Enix's first time developing and open world, real time Final Fantasy, and as such, they have no way of knowing how the fans would feel about that. Open World is one thing, but an Open World Main Final Fantasy title is something very different, as it's a dramatic change in a long running series. The formula for Kingdom hearts is already tried and true, just waiting to be further improved upon (and has already been confirmed to follow the style of KH2 as a console title, and DDD from a gameplay perspective). Since their is an existing formula, I'm just not so sure Nomura would want to slightly delay KH3 and split the team to make a demo, since that team doesn't have the same concerns. However, the pressure born from a long wait is mutual for both parties, so they very well could reach out to fans with a demo.

Tabata say he wanted fans to finally play it after waiting so long, which is true, but their was definitely and ulterior motive. Square knows fans love Kingdom Hearts, but XV is something new for them, and based on surveys, fans definitely want some changes. I don't think Tabata and Nomura have the same motives, as Kingdom hearts is an established franchise (So is final fantasy, but that's a big part of the point lol). I doubt it would be delayed too much (Maybe a month or two) so it probably wouldn't hurt too much to do one. But it does take time to make a playable demo. This thread was about a Brave demo, which brings up another point. There's also the matter of the world and area choice. Many people are going to play the demo if it's released, so whatever they put in the demo has to leave a huge impact, as it will be player's first impression of Kingdom Hearts 3. Where with XV demo, the location was relatively unimportant, and all that mattered was the open world feel and the combat.

In short, I'm not against one, but since it takes time and resources, I'd rather the entire team work on the game full force.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back