• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom hearts 3 Re: Mind on TGS?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nukara

Awards
Recently it was reported that the KH3 DLC is not in the list of things on TGS, does this mean that KH3 will not be on the Tokyo Game Show, or will it still be?

AR829038

Awards
I have no idea, but honestly, I think if it isn't there, it's probably for the best.
I still believe one of the reasons people reacted so harshly to Kingdom Hearts III, besides several of the things that were objectively wrong about it, was that Square Enix ended up showing us WAY too much of it before release, and they spoiled everyone and ruined practically all the mystery. They've probably learned their lesson considering the backlash and are trying to be a bit more restrained in terms of how much they show us. And, to be frank, I think that's best. After all, Kingdom Hearts always works best when you have no idea what you're walking into.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Recently it was reported that the KH3 DLC is not in the list of things on TGS, does this mean that KH3 will not be on the Tokyo Game Show, or will it still be?

If it isn’t listed, it theoretically isn’t slated to show up. Sometimes they surprise people with stuff they didn’t announce but KH3’s DLC isn’t exactly something that would warrant being kept as a surprise but lol SE does what they want.

I’m leaning toward Jump Festa being where we get Re:Mind info but I also think they could surprise us with TGS.

TL;DR
It’ll happen when it happens

Nukara

Awards
I have no idea, but honestly, I think if it isn't there, it's probably for the best.
I still believe one of the reasons people reacted so harshly to Kingdom Hearts III, besides several of the things that were objectively wrong about it, was that Square Enix ended up showing us WAY too much of it before release, and they spoiled everyone and ruined practically all the mystery. They've probably learned their lesson considering the backlash and are trying to be a bit more restrained in terms of how much they show us. And, to be frank, I think that's best. After all, Kingdom Hearts always works best when you have no idea what you're walking into.
But zero information can also just kill interest in the franchise.
We now have no idea what will be in this DLC, at least one trailer is needed, otherwise personally, while this is more seen as a mini stub than a full DLC of the Final Mix level. And the activity in the fandom has fallen dramatically.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
KH3 has been fucking nuts in terms of info release both pre and post launch.

Remember when they just... Started tweeting out Critical Mode info? I feel like Square has taken notice to the attention KH gets online, especially on Twitter. I could honestly see them releasing this information online as opposed to at an event. I'll bet we'll see a trailer or images within the next month or so.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
But zero information can also just kill interest in the franchise.
We now have no idea what will be in this DLC, at least one trailer is needed, otherwise personally, while this is more seen as a mini stub than a full DLC of the Final Mix level. And the activity in the fandom has fallen dramatically.

It’s DLC. Interest in it isn’t going to disappear because they didn’t release new info 2-3 months after the initial announcement.

They stated the DLC is coming in the winter season. Nobody should be expecting anything until winter to be honest if they want to keep their expectations in check.

Final Mix for KH games used to release a whole year after the initial game’s release and we used to spend that ENTIRE YEAR between releases in news droughts.

The fact that we are still getting news about KH related products and KH3 consistently means we are not in a drought lol

redcrown

Awards
I agree with the member who said SE probably learned their lesson from showing too much too soon and shooting themselves in the foot over spoiling most of their content before it's even released. We've already waited 6 months or so for the DLC, what's a few more months really? The fact that I'm not expecting much from it at all means when it does come out I'll probably be pleasantly surprised if it ends up being good; which is how I wish it could have been for me when KH3 came out.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Why do KH fans always do this thing where they speculate at which event XYZ will be shown instead of just... waiting it out? When it drops you‘ll know

I dunno its part of the fun / forum culture. Remember that one dude who would always post threads about how "its about to go down at ___ event"? Those always made me chuckle.

I could use some new KH-hype. Whatever happened to people's wild theories and posts? Does that all happen on Twitter now?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I dunno its part of the fun / forum culture. Remember that one dude who would always post threads about how "its about to go down at ___ event"? Those always made me chuckle.

I could use some new KH-hype. Whatever happened to people's wild theories and posts? Does that all happen on Twitter now?

Apparently? A lot of the old school theorists hated KH3 and the modern ones are definitely on Twitter and the leftover remains of Tumblr. Hm...

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Why do KH fans always do this thing where they speculate at which event XYZ will be shown instead of just... waiting it out? When it drops you‘ll know

Agreed. Nomura said that their goal is to release it before the FFVII Remake, in order to prevent it from being overshadowed and whatnot. FFVII Remake's release date is March 3rd, 2020. So at the absolute latest, it would have to come out in February. The trailer says "This Winter", so honestly that could be from November to January. Since we all know this, it makes sense that if all else fails, we'd most likely be getting some new information at Jump Festa at the latest. Not all that far away.

Plus, it literally just hit September today. Three months from now, and you're hearing Christmas jingles in your local mall. Time passes quick, so people just gotta chill out lmao. Cause you're absolutely right.

Generally Twitter. I guess Tumblr too, but I never visit that site, so I wouldn't know. Possibly Reddit as well. But a good place I think, is YouTube. Currently the biggest and most recent theory going on right now is the Luxord = Player idea.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I'm fine with no info. The only info I really care about is a release date and price. After KH3 being leaked in its entirety and then all those spoiler filled trailers being dropped before KH3 got released, I think Square Enix should learn from that and just keep information released to a minimum. Even as far back as the Anti-Aqua reveal, they should have focused more on the Disney stuff and kept the main story under wraps. With this new DLC, they should focus on new gameplay content rather than story elements. The Xigbar/Luxord and MoM/Xehanort conversations were enough to get us intrigued, but it's already such a small addition that I feel like anything else will spoil it (storywise).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back