• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX Early Copies + Teases Another HD Remaster?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Think of it like this;
if they put KH3D and KH3 together, what will people be playing first when they boot up the disc? Kingdom Hearts 3.
When they do this, who is going to confused? The players.
Who are they going to blame for confusing plots? Square Enix.
What will Square Enix tell them? Play DDD.
What will the people do then? Complain about needing to play this other game first before they can touch their precious KH3.

Putting DDD as a separate release not only gets them more money, but it saves a lot of time and complaints.

Of course, most of them will still complain anyways.

Ship DDD months earlier, many players refuse to buy it it because it's "not a main game," raise additional complaints about the number of spinoffs.
When they do this, who is going to confused when playing KH3? The players.
What will the people do then? Complain about needing to play this other game first before they can touch their precious KH3.

It doesn't matter in the end, the worst possible outcome is if they don't re-release it at all. "What will Square Enix tell them? Play what is at that point a four/five year old game not widely available at retail." Shit, I have DDD and I'd be upset to hear Square say that.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Of course, most of them will still complain anyways.

Ship DDD months earlier, many players refuse to buy it it because it's "not a main game," raise additional complaints about the number of spinoffs.
When they do this, who is going to confused when playing KH3? The players.
That's when they ship DDD with a playable demo for KH3. It's working well for them with Type-0 right now.

Sdog

Awards
My lord now that is an HD remaster if I've seen one!

SonicKeyblade007

I'll be quite annoyed if this rumor turns out to be true. I don't want a KHDDD remaster yet, I would rather them focus on KHIII and then later package a KHDDD remaster with Kingdom Hearts III Final Mix similar to what they did with KH:ReCOM and KH2FM.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
I'll be quite annoyed if this rumor turns out to be true. I don't want a KHDDD remaster yet, I would rather them focus on KHIII and then later package a KHDDD remaster with Kingdom Hearts III Final Mix similar to what they did with KH:ReCOM and KH2FM.

Not gonna happen (thankfully).

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I'll be honest, I don't necessarily want a playable DDD remaster either. Mostly because I'd feel compelled to achieve Platinum and I feel like it might be a pain, especially if Flick Rush is involved.

And while I don't want KHIII to have a Final Mix​, I think this would be a pretty neat solution.

kakalakingma

I think DDD would become a Re: title, since Nomura has said it will not receive the Final Mix treatment, as well as following the Re: trend of being on a different platform than the original.

can you o anyone provide me with the link to the interview in which Nomura said ddd wouldn't get a final mix? Did he give a reason why? I really think it'd be cooler to have a final mix with one or two extra bosess and everything in hd.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
can you o anyone provide me with the link to the interview in which Nomura said ddd wouldn't get a final mix? Did he give a reason why? I really think it'd be cooler to have a final mix with one or two extra bosess and everything in hd.
He talks about it in the Dream Drop Distance Ultimania. I suppose I was misremembering it a bit, but I feel like he's talked about it more than once.
— Now, is there a possibility you will make a KH3D Final Mix title?
Nomura: I don’t know what might happen in the years to come, but as of now there are no plans. Osaka Development Team have several titles on their hands, it’s not the right time for that.

kakalakingma

He talks about it in the Dream Drop Distance Ultimania. I suppose I was misremembering it a bit, but I feel like he's talked about it more than once.

Based on that quoted interview piece, I think he's doing what square Enix wants him to do: equivocating. To me, that can be plans In The future to make a final mix of ddd.

Square enix has a thing for not giving clear answers, especially when it comes to future projects. So to me, a ddd fm is still in consideration.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Eh, I wouldn't hold onto that Nomura quote too tightly.
Osaka Development Team have several titles on their hands, it’s not the right time for that.
Two of those titles are now complete, with the third still being made. Plus they did work directly on DDD so they know it better than anyone else. Not to mention they could just outsource it like Square did with Type-0 and X|X-2.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Ultimania get!

By2jj3JCMAETjyJ.jpg

https://twitter.com/ArikaMiz/status/517249370807218176

Saken

鍵が導く心のまま
Awards
www.dotup.org5341148.jpg

Source 2ch