• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III rumors from Surfer Girl

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you believe Surfer Girl?

• Yes

Votes: 10 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 71 71.0%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 19 19.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorikux

OK, I decided I'm coming back. Here's some KH3 rumors from here she put up in the form of Qs and As. She's a notable blogger who goes to companies and asks them questions (as far as I know) and is usually right. Heck, she even gave info on games like Brutal Legend (PS3/360) before it was announced/heard of. She's pretty reliable. Here blog is here. Now for some Qs and As she's been asked and answered (If you wish to know where these are, look through the comments. I'm too lazy to post the actual links lol :p But they're there. But if you can't find the comments and don't believe me, feel free to ask for the links but as a last resort.)...

Q: Hey Surfer Girl, think Kingdom Hearts III will come to the Wii?

A: KHIII, if it is coming out. is definitely coming to the Wii, they need the game's demographics (which lean a bit younger than your average SquareEnix fanboy) to purchase the title.

Q: Will Kingdom Hearts 3 be out for the ps3? Is there any chance?

A: A port is possible, but Disney is keen on a Wii version. (Sorikux, THAT WOULD BE ME POSTING THIS, speaking. If it does come to the Wii a PS3 port won't happen.)

Q: Is Square Enix keen on KH3 on Wii too? If so then that settles it.

A: Disney has the leverage to make SquareEnix perform as they want.

Q: I read in Famitsu that KH3 would come to the PS3 so is that a lie or another KH game instead.

A: Just because it appears in print does not make it fact. I do not answer the same question twice or questions with very easy to find answers, you can find those on the blog or through a Google search.

Q: Is KH3 in development yet? If not then when?

A: Yes.

Q: For Wii correct (as you stated before)?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, that's it. I'm also putting up a poll about something too.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I seriously doubt KH3 is in development now...Nomura's team is already very busy with Versus.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Honestly, I think what Nomura and S-E want has more bearing/influence on KH than Disney does. If Disney had as much influence on Kingdom Hearts as Surfer Girl speculates (Surfer Girl as a video game analyst, meaning she analyzes video game culture and trends and uses that to speculate what she believes is going to happen), then a main continuation of the series like Birth By Sleep would have been on the DS, instead of the PSP.

The DS serves the same demographics as the Wii, so if Disney/Square-Enix were really pushing for the Wii and it's demographic, they would have done something similarly and put the 'main' game on the DS as well.

Sir Willis

At my computer. How would I be on this forum if I

A: KHIII, if it is coming out. is definitely coming to the Wii, they need the game's demographics (which lean a bit younger than your average SquareEnix fanboy) to purchase the title.

KH3 isn't coming out for a long time, I seriously doubt that SE will use demographics that will be outdated by the time the game comes out.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
KH3 isn't coming out for a long time, I seriously doubt that SE will use demographics that will be outdated by the time the game comes out.

Uhhh....do you know what a demographic is? A demographic doesn't become outdated, unless you think that a demographic can suddenly stop existing

Charlie K

Back in Business
No...Just-Just No.

I wouldn't mind for Wii, but indevelopment, ALREADY!?Common!

TSora

R.O.X.A.S #5
Denmark(some people, coughEngulfedcough, think it'
Website
www.freewebs.com
OK, I decided I'm coming back. Here's some KH3 rumors from here she put up in the form of Qs and As. She's a notable blogger who goes to companies and asks them questions (as far as I know) and is usually right. Heck, she even gave info on games like Brutal Legend (PS3/360) before it was announced/heard of. She's pretty reliable. Here blog is here. Now for some Qs and As she's been asked and answered (If you wish to know where these are, look through the comments. I'm too lazy to post the actual links lol :p But they're there. But if you can't find the comments and don't believe me, feel free to ask for the links but as a last resort.)...

Q: Will Kingdom Hearts 3 be out for the ps3? Is there any chance?

A: A port is possible, but Disney is keen on a Wii version. (Sorikux, THAT WOULD BE ME POSTING THIS, speaking. If it does come to the Wii a PS3 port won't happen.)

Q: Is Square Enix keen on KH3 on Wii too? If so then that settles it.

A: Disney has the leverage to make SquareEnix perform as they want.

Q: I read in Famitsu that KH3 would come to the PS3 so is that a lie or another KH game instead.

A: Just because it appears in print does not make it fact. I do not answer the same question twice or questions with very easy to find answers, you can find those on the blog or through a Google search.

Q: Is KH3 in development yet? If not then when?

Q: For Wii correct (as you stated before)?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, that's it. I'm also putting up a poll about something too.

Oh no.......Are you still trying your little crusade on the "KHIII WILL come to the Wii and only there!!!"?

There have been stuff like this since the time when we were waiting for KHII, and none of it were 100%, more like 2,5% true...

Sorikux

Btw, she gave those PoP4 screenshots and info on LA Noire too (before it was announced).

She also said to Kotaku (during an interview with her) she's and Insider.

Oh no.......Are you still trying your little crusade on the "KHIII WILL come to the Wii and only there!!!"?

Yes >_> No! Since no one posted this yet, I thought I would.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Surfergirl post info on stuff that no one knows about, purposefully being vague and only giving small bits of information that could easily be ascertained by simply knowing Video Gaming culture and having analytical skills (Hence, she's a video game analyst).

She says that there's going to be a Jade Empire 2? Who knows if she's right or wrong, that information is just a vague suggestion that anyone would make, and that 'leaked info' will go completely unchecked for maybe even a year, and if by chance there happens to be a Jade Empire 2 everyone pulls it up and says "She predicted it!11", and if she's wrong she can just say "It was cancelled!"

None of the things she predicts can actually be checked for accuracy until the games she's leaking info on are actually released, which means that she could be completely wrong about, say, Starcraft 2, and we won't even be able to know until Starcraft 2 is even released in late 2008

I'm not saying Surfer Girl is a fraud or a fake or anything, I'm just saying that we shouldn't be putting too much faith in everything she says without good reason, as her 'insider leaks' at this point can't even be properly checked as she's always being vague and announcing info we may not hear for months or a year from now

She may be right about other things, but what she said about KH3 seemed to be guesswork on her part, and not really a confident or assured statement on her part. So, for atleast the KH3 one in specific, I doubt what she says will happen

Last edited:

xickae

I really don't believe her. I mean, Nomura created KH I and II for ps2, so why would he put the direct sequence for Wii and not ps3?????? I agree he can create other KH games like sub-sequences or parallels stories, but CERTAINLY NOT A DIRECT SEQUENCE LIKE KH III

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I really don't believe her. I mean, Nomura created KH I and II for ps2, so why would he put the direct sequence for Wii and not ps3?????? I agree he can create other KH games like sub-sequences or parallels stories, but CERTAINLY NOT A DIRECT SEQUENCE LIKE KH III

Eh, not a good argument. FF was on Nintendo systems till FF7, when they swtiched to Sony. SE is a third-party company, meaning they can develop games for whatever platforms they feel like, and Sony can do nothing about that.

Last edited:

Sorikux

Comments like this make me lose faith in the so called "SE fans."

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
a KH III hasnt even been considered yet lol. Square Enix and the KH teams are working on toooo many things right now... heck they are working on 3 KH games right now... those wont even be finished or released for a while. lol who knows, by the time a KH III comes out, a new line of gaming systems might be out lol... a PS4, Nintendo Pii, XBox 720 lol... who knows what future of the gaming console wars holds.

[√]Genuflect
Just because all of the latest SE games are in Sony, It doesnt mean that KHIII should be in PS3.
No, as hades said, SE is a third-party company.

Charlie K

Back in Business
Yup.And the odd time it's 2p or 1p. But still a third party.

Unfourtunatley, it isn't actually 3 player action..But Meh.

D

Dexter

WOW! What total BS. Seriously do you acutally excpect me to believe that Nomura is working on KH3 when he's still working on 3 KH game's that aren't supposed to be released in the next couple of years? PLUS he has Versus and proabley some other FF side games. Straight up BS. Also Nomura specifically said that he wants to use the Ps3 high specs for future kh games, so the whole kh3 thing being on the Wii is kinda iffy....//

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Seriously do you acutally excpect me to believe that Nomura is working on KH3 when he's still working on 3 KH game's that aren't supposed to be released in the next couple of years?

A little over a year ago Nomura was working on Versus, KH2: Final Mix, Re:Chains of Memories, It's a Wonderful World, FF7: Crisis Core and Birth By Sleep simultaneously. That's 5 games.

When KH2 was still in production, Nomura was working on Versus, FF7: Advent Children, KH2, and Chains of Memories. That's 4 games

Right now he's working on Versus (wrapping up the project), Birth By Sleep, 358/2 Days (expected to be released next year), and KH: Coded (expected to be released next year). So he's working on the same number of projects he was pre-KH2, and 2 of the 4 projects are expected to be completed half a year from now

If he's working on 3 side-stories, you don't think that he's working on the actual KH3 as well? He has less of a workload right now than he had a year ago, half the projects he's working on he feels will be completed and released by mid-08, chances are if he's that far into the projects he's atleast "in production" on KH3 preparing for when the side-stories are finished

PLUS he has Versus and proabley some other FF side games. .

Nomura said that Versus would be the last Final Fantasy game he plans to work on

Also Nomura specifically said that he wants to use the Ps3 high specs for future kh games, so the whole kh3 thing being on the Wii is kinda iffy....

I believe you're misquoting him.

When asked about the story of Terra, Aqua, and Ven, Nomura stated that he would need "high spec hardware" to tell their tale. Now, what platform was Terra, Aqua, and Ven's game on? The PSP.

Nomura said that the PSP was the high-spec hardware necessary to tell the story of Terra, Aqua, and Ven, as it was the Handheld platform that was the most powerful, which were the conditions he was making the side-stories on (they were to be Handheld titles), so under those conditions the PSP is the "high spec hardware" he expected for the game.

So, the "high spec" hardware Nomura said he wanted for KH, was the PSP.

Last edited:

Ikkin

Bronze Member
A little over a year ago Nomura was working on Versus, KH2: Final Mix, Re:Chains of Memories, It's a Wonderful World, FF7: Crisis Core and Birth By Sleep simultaneously. That's 5 games.

When KH2 was still in production, Nomura was working on Versus, FF7: Advent Children, KH2, and Chains of Memories. That's 4 games

Right now he's working on Versus (wrapping up the project), Birth By Sleep, 358/2 Days (expected to be released next year), and KH: Coded (expected to be released next year). So he's working on the same number of projects he was pre-KH2, and 2 of the 4 projects are expected to be completed half a year from now

If he's working on 3 side-stories, you don't think that he's working on the actual KH3 as well? He has less of a workload right now than he had a year ago, half the projects he's working on he feels will be completed and released by mid-08, chances are if he's that far into the projects he's atleast "in production" on KH3 preparing for when the side-stories are finished.

Wow, he's crazy. XD In a good way, of course.

I don't think you're taking into account the size of the projects, though. Versus, KHII, and KHIII would be massive projects compared to CoM and 358/2 Days - GBA/DS handheld games, which seem to take less time to make - along with Re:CoM and Final Mix - both based on existing games. Even Crisis Core and Birth By Sleep probably aren't as big as those two (though they're a good deal bigger than the non-PSP handheld games). FFXIII was also in very early stages before KHII was finished, so that might have been a factor, too.

On the other hand, we now have three known KH titles in development (and probably right in the middle of it) and Versus, which I don't think is being wrapped up, unfortunately. Nomura hasn't even shown us the final design for the prince character yet, and he's the main guy! He's also doing some character design work on FFXIII as well as his position as director on Versus.

Besides, Nomura has said right out that work on KHIII would start when Versus was finished:
It doesn't just stop here, though. Nomura goes on to talk a little about Kingdom Hearts 3, saying that it is impossible for him to concentrate on two games at once. He plans to complete development of Versus XIII first, so he can incorporate elements of the game in KH3.
Link
Original Source (in French)

The Babelfish translation doesn't say "impossible to concentrate on two games at once" (which seems kind of silly, considering the number of games he works on simultaneously), but that it's too much work to do those two particular games at once and that he's using the experience from Versus towards KHIII (and really, I'd be hard-pressed to figure out anything he could learn from Versus that would translate well to Wii, considering the differences in the two consoles).

I believe you're misquoting him.

When asked about the story of Terra, Aqua, and Ven, Nomura stated that he would need "high spec hardware" to tell their tale. Now, what platform was Terra, Aqua, and Ven's game on? The PSP.

Nomura said that the PSP was the high-spec hardware necessary to tell the story of Terra, Aqua, and Ven, as it was the Handheld platform that was the most powerful, which were the conditions he was making the side-stories on (they were to be Handheld titles), so under those conditions the PSP is the "high spec hardware" he expected for the game.

So, the "high spec" hardware Nomura said he wanted for KH, was the PSP.

Nomura: To tell the story about the Keyblade War we need the capacity of hi-spec hardware and we need to accumulate all of our knowledge on this hardware. And in telling this story, we will need to tell it in separate episodes, and how specifically to tell it has yet to be figured out.

The odd thing about this is, this quote was from Another Report, which was apparently written in 2007 and given out alongside Final Mix (I think). Final Mix included Re:CoM, and we know that BBS was put on hold for Re:CoM, so it had to have been in development before then. I had the impression that it was pretty well underway from what Nomura said about the secret movie (from near the end of BBS, he said), actually. How could they have gotten so far and not have figured out how to tell the story yet? o.o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back