• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts III rumors from Surfer Girl

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you believe Surfer Girl?

• Yes

Votes: 10 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 71 71.0%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 19 19.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorikux

My God Soricux(i know i spelled it wrong) KH is probably not coming to Wii(first). FAce it. Sony has all the necessary info on the storyline: hence bbs coming to psp. Most ps2 owners got or will get a ps3, so S-E has a lot of fans to lose if they make it a Wii EXCLUSIVE. I believe there is a somewhat weak probablity that a port is possible, but believe it or not, kh is viewed as a system seller. I'm willing to buy a ds because of 358/2 days. Sony WILL not take the loss of kh lying down; they will fight for it. In fact, does anyone know of an article that shows how many ps2s were sold on kh2 release date? Cuz i'm sure a nice couple hundred thousand might've been out of the million copies sold.

:lol: I'm not gonna even form an argument for this one. I read your name and all I knew is that you'd spew BS as you usually do.

Sorikux

Hades:

Well i wouldnt know if the Wii is doing well anywhere else. im not really into the Wii scene because where i live we rarely have them. And i thought that the whole 'wanting to use the PS3's full power' thing was meant for KH not FFXIII. And I know that it might not be only for the PS3. I wasnt saying anything about Square only being for Sony. I know they arent. Look at the final fantasy games for nintendo. Square made them so they wont only stay for Sony.
And there is always a possibility that it will be for the Wii. its not impossible. Sure the two systems are totally different, but look at the games for Wii now. They have some for PS3/2, Xbox (360) and the PC, so anything is possible.

And i was comparing the Wii and Playstation. I said nothing about Xbox 360.

Nah, it was for FF. Go back and read his interviews if you don't believe me. He was in an interview about FF when he sad that (or rather something similar to what you said).

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
:lol: I'm not gonna even form an argument for this one. I read your name and all I knew is that you'd spew BS as you usually do.
that's funny coming from a n00b who double posts:toungesmile:

what bs? that microsoft isn't the gaming god it thinks it is? or that the wii isn't something god sent down to us?

all i'm saying is that the ff series went to the ps for a reason, and that kh was started on the ps2 for a reason, so kh3 will go to the ps3 for a reason.

and if you haven't noticed, i'm ON YOUR SIDE you dumbass. i'd love to play kh3 on the wii, i'm just saying that if and when it comes, it will be a PORT!!

read whats inside an argument b4 you openly insult the writer.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
It's also the gameplay which Numora said is trying to stick with the original style as possible

Eh, I personally think Nomura did not make a good choice in not using the DS's full potential. Why bother even having the game on DS then? Probably just the userbase, <.<;.

Also, the Wii is completely different from the DS, so it could still feel like KH on Wii, even if not on DS.

so kh3 will go to the ps3 for a reason.

Which would be...?

i'm just saying that if and when it comes, it will be a PORT!!

And the evidence for that is...?

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
Eh, I personally think Nomura did not make a good choice in not using the DS's full potential. Why bother even having the game on DS then? Probably just the userbase, <.<;.

Also, the Wii is completely different from the DS, so it could still feel like KH on Wii, even if not on DS.

Which would be...?

And the evidence for that is...?

1. The power, fan base, console owner appeal. some with ps3s have had it since ps1(me included), and there are very few of these who haven't heard of or played a S-E game.

2. see 1, but some of the fanbase may have migrated to wii, causing even more $$$

Sorikux

Eh, I do agree, but our concepts of "production" are different. TMM says they are probably working on ideas for a new installment( concepts, character designs, etc), but not actually MAKING the game yet. For all we know he might not have even decided what platform it will be on yet.

True, but then again we really haven't gotten info on what she meas by is it being worked on now. She never said it's developed as a whole in general or just the ideas (with the system in mind). I'll ask her and see if I can get and answer.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
The power, fan base, console owner appeal. some with ps3s have had it since ps1(me included), and there are very few of these who haven't heard of or played a S-E game.

Eh, not everyone is that loyal. A lot of Sony fans were clearly turned off by the console's high price and lack of good games at launch. Though the situation will clearly change soon.

Sorikux

sorry.:blush: i was just mad. as you can see, i don't really like people looking at my name and thinking "Mickxey spews BS 100% of the time lulz". even the people i regularly fight with can say that.(i hope)

Well, sorry then.

@Hades

Change how? When FF XIII and MGS4 and such come out? I can tell you right now that the PS3 is going to have a rough Xmas this year. Try searching through the www.vgchartz.com forums to see what I mean. Heck, you should sign up :)

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Wow, that's a lot of no's. Great another thread about wanting KH3 on the Wii, well they're obviously false since KH3 isn't even in development! Plus they still have 3 new games coming out, and Nomura is working on FF games

bladed asassin

well..i'll choose not to believe it but i won't keep it out of the picture. Normuna had stated that he would like to use the WII for somthing. Now, i wouldn't like it on the WII considering i don't have it and i wouldn't like to wave my arm around everytime i want to attack. Now if it were to come out on all the consoles i think that would benifet everyone.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Erm... dude, the only other thing the KH team is working on is Versus XIII. That's it. They can certainly handle 2 games (especially since it's presumed to be on the Wii, and the Wii is EXTREMELY easy to develop for).

And what do you mean her credibility got ripped to shreds?

...did you even read some of those rumors she posted? >_>

Uh, the Wii is currently doing very well. Better than the PS3 as a matter of fact. If things stay this way, they wouldn't lose money at all. And by that I mean if the Wii continues to do well. Obviously the PS3 will likely be in a favorable position by the time KH3 is ready to be made.

There are more people owning Wii's than PS3's.

Well, yeah, there's more Wiis being sold than PS3s. But, the third-party attach rate for Wiis is awful - basically, Nintendo is making out like a bandit for their first party sales (the top 8 games sold are all Nintendo's own releases), along with their console sales, while third party games - even the ones with good scores - aren't doing nearly as well.

Also, in regards to the demographics, sure, the Wii might trend younger than the PS3 (due in large part to the PS3's price being restrictive to kids, no doubt). But, it also tends to trend highly casual - just look at what its top titles are - and KHIII just wouldn't fit that set very well. It's a numbered sequel to a game on a different line of hardware (which, I imagine, would be a turnoff to a casual, who would want to just jump right in - numbers imply a need to have prerequisite knowledge), and a 20+ hour action RPG to boot. It's just not the kind of thing that the Wii Sports set would go after, I don't think.

There probably isn't nearly as big of an advantage in picking Wii over PS3 as the hardware sales would suggest.

Lawl, the 360 has more RPG's for it than the PS3.

Maybe, but RPGs seem to be some of the longest-to-develop games, and 360 had a year extra. That'll probably resolve itself next year, with White Knight Story, FFXIII, Versus, etc. coming to PS3 and the 360 not meeting sales expectations for JRPGs (WRPGs are a different kind of beast altogether, really).

The Twilight Prince

The closest I ever gave..
Website
www.myspace.com
Whether the 360 has more RPG's now doesn't really matter. That never keeps up with XBox. Being an American made system, most of its games are War and Sports games. And if not most a good percentage of. And thats basically because thats what America wants us to think about all the time I guess. Going to war and playing sports.

Nah. Screw that. Its like Ikkin said. RPGs take longer to make and when all those mentioned games start coming out, Ps3 will be doing a lot better i'm thinking.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Sony WILL not take the loss of kh lying down; they will fight for it.

Sony didn't fight for GTA4, Sony didn't fight for DMC4, Sony didn't fight for UT3

What makes you think Sony cares that much about Kingdom Hearts if they let Grand Theft Auto slip through their fingers?

Sorikux

Update: Surfer Girl said they're still rambling on ideas, not actually, working on it YET (ie. not programming and such) but they will soon hopefully. And like before, she said it's coming to the Wii.

And I think she said KH3 will co-publish KH3 outside of Japan (well, that'd be a first).

Alpha_Sonix

I don't believe it either, she says if Kingdom Hearts 3 is being made and then she states Kingdom Hearts 3 is being made, WTH is with that? Also, Kingdom Hearts 3 may come to the Wii but if Nomura is too lazy to even give a use to the Stylus and says it may change Kingdom Heart's style then I can't see him doing it for the Wii. The only reason he put it on the DS was because of the fan base and the DS' Wifi/Multiplayer is better than the PSP's.

Sorikux

@gh

But..but..FF starts on Nintendo, ends on Nintendo! SO starts on Nintendo, ends on Nintendo! Metal Gears starts on Nintendo, ends on Nintendo, etc.

Stop using that retarded argument because it means absolutely NOTHING.

P.S. I found out she was a freelancer, but quit. But she's still an industry insider.

Sorikux

I don't believe it either, she says if Kingdom Hearts 3 is being made and then she states Kingdom Hearts 3 is being made, WTH is with that? Also, Kingdom Hearts 3 may come to the Wii but if Nomura is too lazy to even give a use to the Stylus and says it may change Kingdom Heart's style then I can't see him doing it for the Wii. The only reason he put it on the DS was because of the fan base and the DS' Wifi/Multiplayer is better than the PSP's.

You, sir, phail at life. We've discussed the motion control thing a lot of times. Lurk moar for why it doesn't matter.

Edit: Btw, I'm tired of that "o noz, you made doublre postzs!1!!! ALERT!!!1Z!" Get over it. I made a double post. Big deal. IS that a crime? What's wrong about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back