• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KINGDOM HEARTS Missing Link Coming 2024!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
It appears the full release is intended to have a player voice option:

I expect this could just be vocalized grunts/battle cries/etc. but the player having dialogue lines and this feature becoming more common in modern games is promising that it could be fully voice acted.

Last edited:

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I haven't seen any game where a player made chara actually is fully voiced yet btw. It usually means paying multiple voice actors if you do that, and I can see that being pretty pricy. (hence why the FFXIV player chara is a Chrono-type (as in main chara from Chrono Trigger); aka. silent protagonist. But the WoL does have a voice, it's battle grunts and cries though.)

But we'll see, I might get surprised.

Last edited:

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I haven't seen any game where a player made chara actually is fully voiced yet btw. It usually means paying multiple voice actors if you do that, and I can see that being pretty pricy. (hence why the FFXIV player chara is a Chrono-type (as in main chara from Chrono Trigger); aka. silent protagonist. But the WoL does have a voice, it's battle grunts and cries though.)

It was in Hogwarts Legacy earlier this year. Immortals Fenyx Rising as well.

Still unlikely for a mobile game though. I’d rather the money go toward and English dub if I had to choose. But we’ll see.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

Mass Effect did it.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Strange when Square has not managed to do it. I'd consider it not very likely on the fact they didn't do it for FF XIV other than battle cries/grunts.

But if i'm wrong, I'm wrong, and yeah Luminary; I'd rather they spent the buckets of moolah they would of spent hiring 3-6 voice actors by sex for the player chara for English voice acting. ^^

Katsagu

Awards
Honestly I just expect the voice to be heard as grunts and such during gameplay.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
You know, if that theory that Brain is Eraqus' grandfather is true, I have to say, it's amazing how they quickly they turned Scala from Victorian England into Mykonos-Santorini Lite in one human lifetime. Yes, time runs differently per world, but it's still one human lifetime if it's grandparent-grandchild. Then again, with just one turn of a keyblade, an entire world could be remodeled and reconfigured...

NoWay

Awards

Cyberpunk 2077 also did it. There were like 4 different voices you could chose from.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
As for FFXIV, the reason they didn't do full voice on the player chara (for the only Square Enix example I know of) I think is moola. There's just a insane amount of voices to choose from per race + sex (12 different voices per each! 24 per race if you group the sexes together! I just checked with the benchmark); it'd be prohibitively expensive to hire all those voice actors for more than battle grunts/cries and emote sounds. So for that game, they just went with the Chrono type. (Silent protaganist, that is.)

I think that'll decide if they go the Chrono route and not have a true voiced PC or not and also that it's a mobile game; how many freaking voices will there be? 3-4 for both male and female? Or go XIV's route and do a insane amount, making it too expensive? Time will tell.

Last edited:

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Honestly I just expect the voice to be heard as grunts and such during gameplay.

Most likely. But it seems a little odd to lock the feature for the beta if that’s all it is when all the other voice recording appears complete. Just makes me wonder if they’re saving a reveal for this feature for some reason.

For most games with an unvoiced protagonist that still has some dialogue lines, they use the text box style cutscenes so you can read the dialogue and then click when ready to move on. With this, the character has fully animated lip movements and the dialogue just keeps rolling. There’s also no name on the subtitle indicating who is speaking. So it could be a little confusing and hard to follow for some people if there’s no voice acting. (Plus it just looks a little awkward.) But all that said, it’s a mobile game at the end of the day so we shouldn’t expect too much.

EDIT: We have confirmation from Nomura that the voices are for battles only. He says if we want voices for the player during the movies, we need to ask a lot of people to play the game. 😂 Also, to “use our heart and voice” for the player. (Based on gist from Google translate.)

Disney worlds confirmed! There was also a Q&A I’m hoping we can get some Goldpanner translations for.

Last edited:

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
EDIT: We have confirmation from Nomura that the voices are for battles only. He says if we want voices for the player during the movies, we need to ask a lot of people to play the game. 😂 Also, to “use our heart and voice” for the player. (Based on gist from Google translate.)

Disney worlds confirmed! There was also a Q&A I’m hoping we can get some Goldpanner translations for.

Care to transcribe and mention which Disney worlds are confirmed? Elmo Muskrat is making it really hard for us none Twitter-users (yes, I'm deadnaming it, just for spite) to actually get any relevant information.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Well, I guess I was right. We're going the Chrono/FFXIV route; guess Square didn't want to spring for multiple voice actors for one chara for a mobile game, just like they didn't spring for it for FFXIV. (VERY expensive to do that, I'm surprised some games have sprung for that.)

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Care to transcribe and mention which Disney worlds are confirmed? Elmo Muskrat is making it really hard for us none Twitter-users (yes, I'm deadnaming it, just for spite) to actually get any relevant information.

Yeah sorry about that! Olympus, Dwarf Woodlands, and possibly Prankster’s Paradise were shown. Also says other worlds were shown “but they remain a mystery.”

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
IMG_1503.png

This tweet made me chuckle. 🤭

Same user said one of the scenes in the video showed the character running along the beach with a boat nearby. They think it is Destiny Islands. Keep in mind these are just impressions though.

Also, apparently the prologue in the CBT is cut down significantly from the final version.

Source: https://x.com/k_ephemeraif_h/status/1730913886348722430?s=46

Back