• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts: Similar Opposites *Sign-ups and discussion*

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowfaith

Plot​

A legend has long been mistaken for myth in this universe of magic and adventure. The legend was that at the beginning of time when the worlds were created, eight elemental beings were created to keep peace throughout the worlds so as the creatures that would soon inhabit it would remain good and calm with one another. These eight elemental beings were later named the great guardians.

But of course there could not be good without evil, or the balance of the universe would be toppled and out of control. Along with these good and great guardians came eight other beings with opposite intentions. They looked and acted like their counterparts, but they all dreamed of a world over come by darkness and ruled by evil.

And so began the battle of good verses evil. It was a battle between the eight guardians and their counterparts. The battle was so hectic, that their rampage almost caused the end of the world before it even had time to flourish. Seas raged with heavy tides, thunder struck in all manner of places without warning and day and night were uneven.

Being the original creations, the guardians were able to overcome their evil counterparts and lock them under eight elemental seals. And though these great evil beings were locked away, the balance of good and evil was kept as they still existed all be it in another dimension. Soon after, there came the first spring of life.

After keeping watch over the worlds for a great while, the Guardians returned to their place of slumber and took a well deserved rest. And even in these present days, they still sleep unaware of the evil that is brewing in the world of Hollow Bastion. They keyblades chosen one: Sora was able to keep evil at bay for the most part, he managed to slay the Heartless of Xehanort and his Nobody all in the space of a couple of years and for a number of years, the worlds were at peace.

That was until the present days. A young sorcerer by the name of Kuja has taken control of Hollow Bastion and banished its inhabitants from its surface. His powers have yet to be noticed, but his evil plans have already been put to action. He has found the resting places of the eight seals which conceal the eight opposites of the great guardians. With his powerful black magic, Kuja has been able to disable the old magic that made up the seals and has come to an agreement with these unholy beings: He has promised them that if they were to aid him in his taking over of the universe and the defeat of the guardians, he would give them full rule of the elements that they had battled and lost for at the beginning of time. To prove his exceedingly powerful magic to the unbelieving beings, he gave them the power to use the one element that they had longed for since their loss to the great guardians.

Agreeing to this the opposites embarked on their journey to rid the world of the eight great guardians and take rule over the worlds that they inhabited.

Exceedingly happy with the outcome of his rule over the opposites, Kuja then revealed his most dangerous of weapons, that being the Heartless. Creatures that’s hearts are corrupted by darkness and without a soul. They would prey on the hearts of the innocent and cast them in to darkness. They appeared in every world and have begun to plunge them darkness. They come in all shapes and sizes and some are more powerful than others, but each and every one of them is made up of the same soulless body’s.

Kuja had gained the aid of the evil witch Malificent and her hopeless sidekick, Pete.

At the same time, Nobodies continued to sprout. As long as there were heartless feeding on the hearts of others, there would also be these emotionless being. Some were mindless killers, taking out all in they’re paths and like the heartless they came in all shapes and sizes and some were more powerful than others. There were some even whose wills were too strong and so they took on the looks of a humans. They could move, speak and think like any human, only they were without feelings, some confused they’re memories for feelings and some even claimed they had hearts, but the fact of the matter that these being, just did not exist.

Meanwhile, the guardians have sensed the sudden change in the atmosphere and have finally awoken from their well deserved slumber. Their worlds have been plunged into darkness with the arrival of their opposites and caught off guard by the unsuspected attack, they have been forced to flee from their place of slumber, abandoning it so as they can plan some sort of strategy to regain their lost rule over the universe.

The opposites have grown in strength that surpasses their own thanks to the aid of Kuja, and they are unable to defeat them alone. So there and then, in the confined darkness of space, they made eight blades of elemental energy that would be sent out to the seven creatures with the purest of hearts, for only these eight could be trusted well enough to be able to aid the guardians in the return of peace to the universe.

When created, the eight blades took off in eightstreaks of light to seek out their owners. When touched, these blades would transport the seven unsuspecting aids to the only place that had failed to fall under the rule of Kuja: The forgotten city, the first place to have ever been made and also the birthplace of the seven guardians. The holiness of this place repelled the arrival of the heartless (who under the control of Kuja were pure evil). It remains untouched by darkness and is the only place safe enough for these pure beings to meet with the eight guardians.

With the release of the heartless the worlds have begun to open up their hearts in the form of Keyholes. With the world’s heart going unprotected, it is only a matter of time before the heartless consume their hearts and destroy the planet without a trace. It is vital that these keyholes be locked with the ever faithful Keyblades and restored to their original pureness.

The Universe is slowly falling into darkness with the rule of Kuja and his newly claimed thugs. Heartless have appeared in multiple places and many creatures have been forced to take residence in their homes. You are unsure of what is going on, but when a strange light appears before your eyes in the shape of a keyblade, your curiosity gets the better of you and you take a hold of it. With a sudden jolt, you are transported to a place of blinding light, but you find you are not alone.

Your adventure begins here.

Name:
Description: (Has to correspond with your home world)
Personality:
Home world: (Pick one of the locations below)
Guardian: (Check below)
Beginning transformation: (Give as much detail as possible. Check below for details. This transformation must resemble your element.)
Beginning transformations abbilities: (When you transform, what powers do gain? Check below.)
Halloween Town description:
Atlantica Description:
Pride Lands Description:

Keyblade: (I have given you the freedom of creating your own keyblade, but it has to resemble that of your guardian’s element.)
Other: (Anything else?)

The Guardians​

The guardians were the first beings that were ever created. They each hold their own element in which they will allow you to control. They will also give you the power to transform into your primary transformation. As you precede you will come across other summon spirits that will also give you the ability to progress in your transformations.

Below is a list of the guardians, their place of slumber, their element and the other summons that they will allow you to uncover:

Name: Ifrit
Element: Fire
Magic: Fire, Fira, Firaga, Flare
Summons: Salamander, Phoenix, Fenrir and Famfrit.

Name: Leviathan (TAKEN- Shadowfaith)
Element: Water/ Ice
Magic: Water, Watera, Wateraga, Freeze
Summons: Hydra, Shiva, Undine and Celsius.

Name: Quetzacoatl (RESERVED- Takushi Rena)
Element: Lightning
Magic: Thunder, Thundara, Thundaga, Thunderstorm
Summons: Ixion, Ramuh, Zodiac and Tritoch.

Name: Odin (RESERVED - Imperial Chaos)
Element: Aether
Magic: Aether, Meteorite,Meteor, Maelstrom
Summons: Siren, Maduin, Raiden and Yojimbo.

Name: Valefor
Element: Wind
Magic: Aero, Aerora, Aeroga, Tornado
Summons: Sylph, Pandemona, Typhoon and Garuda.

Name: Bahamut
Element: Light
Magic: Cure, Cura, Curaga, Holy
Summons: Carbuncle, Aska, Alexander and Luna.

Name: Diablos (RESERVED - Azazel)
Element: Darkness
Magic: Gravira, Gravijra, Gravijraga, Doomsday
Summons: Cerberus, Hades, Anima and Shadow.

Name: Catoblepas
Element: Earth
Magic: Quake, Quakera, Quakeraga, Break
Summons: Titan, Golem, Minotaur and Kjata.

If any of you want to change your summons then be my guest.

The Opposites​

The opposites are exactly what their names imply. They look and act like the great guardians, but work for the side of evil. They are under Kuja’s control and have over run what the guardians use to call their homes.

Their colours are that of a grey scale and look as if they originated from Halloween town. Until now they have been kept at bay by the seals the guardians had placed upon them, but now thanks to Kuja, they are released and more powerful than ever before.

Keyblades​

I have left it up to you of what your keyblades can look like. They can be existing ones or ones you have created. But they have to correspond with your chosen guardian’s element.

Transformations

Throughout the RPG your ability to transform will enhance with ever summon you unleash. You have five levels of transformation, each being similar to its lower form but stronger. Think Digimon/ Pokemon and the Evolution scheme. Each Digimon looks similar to its previous form but with some minor adjustments but is stronger.

Your transformation should be humanoid, but doesn’t have to be if you don’t want it to. I just would have thought it more appropriate. When you transform, you will gain powers of the element that resembles your guardian. So for example, if I choose Leviathan as my guardian I will gain the power to transform into something with Water/ ice characteristics and gain the ability to throw icicles and freeze water or cause a small wave.

For your beginning powers, do not make yourself too powerful. As you go along you will improve and gain more powers with every evolution you take, so don’t worry.

Magic​

The magic is listed above with the guardians. So that means that you only get control of one magic type. But you help each other through out the RPG with your own magic skills. So if I choose Leviathan as my guardian, I will only be able to control the water magic.

Like the transformations, you will begin with only the primary magic, that being fire, water, thunder, aero, quake, aether, cure and gravity. When you progress in the RPG you will gain the more advanced magic.

Locations

Final Fantasy lands:

Name: The forgotten city
Origin: Final Fantasy VII
Description: A place of Holy energy. It is free of any living being apart from the odd flower. It has been in ruins since the departure of the ancients so many years ago and is now the resting place of many secrets.

Name: Midgar
Origin: Final Fantasy VII
Description: A dark and dank land ruled by the ShinRa Company. It has many slums and sectors and the only place of light is the upper plate where only ones of upper class can roam.

Name: Spira
Origin: Final Fantasy X
Description: A wide world whose many islands are unreachable without the transport of an airship.

Name: Esthar
Origin: Final Fantasy VIII
Description: A futuristic city with unusual gizmos. It is run by a klutz named Laguna and is currently one of the few lands of peace.

Kingdom Hearts originals:

Name: Traverse Town
Origin: Kingdom Hearts
Description: A peaceful city, where those who are lost or unable to return to their home planets reside. This is basically the place where those whose planets have been over run by heartless go. Familiar faces include Squall (Leon), Aerith, Yuffie and Cid.

Name: Destiny Islands
Description: A cluster of once peaceful islands that has fallen under the rule of the opposite of Lightning.

Name: Hollow Bastion
Description: A lonely castle suspended in the sky. It was once home to Leon and friends before Kuja took rule and is now harvesting his powers for his ultimate attack on the Universe. God only knows what it is.

Disney lands:

Name: Olympus Coliseum/ Underworld
Origin: Hercules
Description: As the name implies, it is a coliseum where many tournaments are held. The underworld is a domain ruled by Hades a god whose soul purpose is to collect souls.

Name: Deep Jungle
Origin: Tarzan
Description: A jungle filled with many animals. This world has been over run by the opposite of the guardian of Earth. Tarzan, Jane and their friends still reside here and fight to protect their jungle.

Name: Agrabah
Origin: Aladdin
Description: Alone city is surrounded by desert wasteland. To the north lies a cave of wonders which is the current resting place of the opposite of the guardian of Fire.

Name: Atlantica
Origin: The little mermaid
Description: An underwater paradise once ruled by King Triton before it was over turned by the opposite of the guardian of water.

Name: Halloween Town
Origin: The nightmare before Christmas
Description: A land dedicated to a holiday of the same name. It is a dark place, but ruled by the light hearted Jack Skellington…that was until the opposite of the guardian of darkness arrived and took his rule instead.

Name: Never Land
Origin: Peter Pan
Description: A place of magic and pirates. The lost boys take residence here and battle against the threat that is Captain Hook, but now a great evil has revealed itself: The opposite of Wind.

Name: The Pride lands
Origin: The Lion King
Description: An African safari ruled by a Lion King named Simba.

Name: Port Royal
Origin: Pirates of the Caribbean
Description: A small port that is ruled at the moment by the royal navy. But trouble is never far with the infamous Captain Jack Sparrow close by.

Name: The Land of Dragons
Origin: Mulan
Description: Formally under the rule of the Chinese Emperor who now orders fleets of soldiers to fight for his kingdom as the rule of the opposite of light finally dawns upon them.

THERE ARE MORE LOCATIONS TO ADD, SO KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR UPDATES MADE TO THE LIST!

Notes

- I know the whole thing is a little AU, but this is set before the happenings of (possible) KH III and the keyblade war.

-Follow forum rules, I want no god modding, flaming or spamming in the threads.

-I will let you know that there are many sub bosses that will appear apart from the opposites and Kuja himself. So don’t worry as they will appear at some point or another.

-If you want to make any changes or suggest something, then post it in the Private RPG discussion thread.

-The summons will be revealed when it is best for them. I already have quite a good idea of when that will be, so don’t worry.

-Enjoy!

I reserve the element of Darkness for myself.

Last edited:

Azazel

This looks pretty promising. Too bad you took Darkness =(

I guess I'll take Aether...

Shadowfaith

Both reserved =D I'll have my sign up at some point today too XP

Azazel: If you feel you will do better using Darkness then feel free. I'll take my second option wich is Water ^_^

Also remember you can alter your summons (within reason) to other things, but they have to be of the same element. For example I've used a combonation of Final Fantasy and Tales of Symphonia summons. You can change yours for other summons/GF's/ect from other games if you like. I may edit mine a little too.

Last edited:

Shadowfaith

Okie dokie. Aether is like a 'normal' element, something in between dark and light but is neither.

Shadowfaith

Ah. So it's like a non-elemental or something stronger?

It like a non elemental.

Light - Aether - Dark

Its like the element that holds Darkness and light together. It isn't any more powerful, but without it there would only be light and darkness and no 'in-between' there would be no neutral.

Shadowfaith

Yup no worries. I have my character ready to post, but stupidly saved it on my brothers user, so I have to wait until he gets back from school to post it up. XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back