• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Kingdom Hearts...why hate it?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Kingdomhearts...why hate it?

Because people don't like things that make you think about what is going on and think about how the elements of the game work.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

And I have to say it again that KH is not complicated. It isn't about being a long time fan. It is about being able to play all of the games on three (four if you take in account CoM) systems and actually connect the dots in the games.

Complicated is MGS. Complicated is Zelda's continuity. KH is simple in comparison.

Still, they need a way to get new people to buy the games like making BBSV2 a recap of the events so far (As well as celebrating is 10th anniversary) while including new scenes to make older fans happy. Kinda like Metal Gear Saga Volume 2.

billyzanesucks

Still, they need a way to get new people to buy the games like making BBSV2 a recap of the events so far (As well as celebrating is 10th anniversary) while including new scenes to make older fans happy. Kinda like Metal Gear Saga Volume 2.
Considering that many of the scenes from BBSV2 are entirely new or in a setting that hasn't been completely elaborated, that's probably not the case. That sounds like a summary, which is usually given in other games. Remasters would be best, especially for the three main games.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

Meh, I don't like BBS as much as most others do. (contrary to popular belief i don't hate it. It's a good game but I prefer the other games in the series)

I prefer RE:COM and RE:coded

if you want to know, my favorites and least favorites are in this order.

KH1: FM
RE:COM
RE:coded
358/2 days
KH2:FM
BBS: FM

I'm expecting controversy.

Sorry for the tangent

Love Machine

strut strut strut

Meh, I don't like BBS as much as most others do.

I prefer RE:COM and RE:coded

if you want to know, my favorites and least favorites are in this order.

KH1: FM
RE:COM
RE:coded
358/2 days
KH2:FM
BBS: FM

I'm expecting controversy.

Sorry for the tangent

Eh, it's your opinion. Generally, I liked BBS the most because of the plot, gameplay, and, the best of them all, it's the best portable. KH anywhere you go.

And I have to say it again that KH is not complicated. It isn't about being a long time fan. It is about being able to play all of the games on three (four if you take in account CoM) systems and actually connect the dots in the games.

Complicated is MGS. Complicated is Zelda's continuity. KH is simple in comparison.

Also, I was referring to the newcomers who start KH, thinking it's complicated. It isn't if you've been around for a long while, but if you jump right in, you'll be confused as hell.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards

Hm, you make a good point. It certainly had the biggest budget. Well I respect your opinion.

And I agree on the second part.

D.D.D

Stuffed in a sack and being thrown through a magic

I don't feel that way myself, but I think I know why some people do. The main thing was probably the Disney-focused/styled story and concept. Disney characters and worlds were made much more important, and the story itself was very Disney-like and easy for everyone to understand. They dislike the way that the other games remove Disney as the main focus, and the plot becomes harder for them to understand. Other than that, people liked the exploration and interaction with the environment enabled by the first game, whereas now the gameplay focus is entirely on coming up with different battle systems.
This. I agree, in the beginning of KH, mostly KH1, it was Disney territory when it came to the story: the major (non-laughable) villain was a Disney character(until Ansem stepped in), the story was more integrated with the Disney plots, and the overall feel of the game felt Disney-ish.
KH2 was the first game I noticed that started veering away from it. The worlds' plots weren't integrated into the main story as much, more complicated plot elements were introduced, and the original characters starting overcrowding the stage. Not that those things are bad for me, because I actually enjoy the original character's stories much more than the Disney or FF parts.
Now, I wouldn't really say that the gameplay focus is on creating 100% different battle systems. I'd say that they're basically the same as the last game's, taking the good parts and trashing the bad, and maybe a few tweaks here and there. KH2's system was based off of KH1's. And if I remember correctly, BBS's system was based on CoM's. Just with commands instead of cards.
Plus, BBS had TAV swimming in Neverland, so I guess some environmental interaction elements came back.

Last edited:

Shinjuku

Entrapment

For now all I can really say while being extremely sleepy is that it's a game series that you expect so much from, but it fails in many areas where you thought it would succeed. This is it for now.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

KH II - no dodge ability in the first half of the game (and when you finally get one it's not that good), All disney worlds are complete fillers and don't ad anything to the story. if you start to hit a enemy it take time before you can change which enemy to attack (Re Coded was the first KH game to truly fix this problem but it wasn't that bad in the first game and in BBS).
That and it's to easy. If you on the other hand don't level up much in the first worlds it just feels unfair

days - insanely repetitive and story is complete filler. I usually don't mind fillers if they are well done but seriously, it's called Organisation "XIII" for a reason. The multiplayer doesn't make things better because everyone except Roxas suck

flurryflames

Flaws in the games in my opinion. It doesn't mean I hate Kingdom Hearts in general. I am probably one of the few that hated Kingdom Hearts I on this forum.

Kingdom Hearts I stages were complicated to go through, but the bosses were easy. The only interesting thing is the interaction with Sora and company, disney characters and Xeohnart cutscenes.

Kingdom Hearts II a little confusing at first with the virtual digital towns, but after that it is easy to understand. Some of the bosses should of been harder.

Kingdom Hearts COM the bosses were hard. The cards were confusing and so was Monstro's world. At least it gave me a challenge.

Kingdom Hearts 358/2days some events were taken out that they should of left in. It was supposed to be based on an organization game for a reason, but with Xion they changed it. The leveling up part sucks as well. They should of had more stages. There weren't that many.

Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep. By far the most confusing game. Mirage bosses are so hard. I hate the leveling up procedures as well. I wish there were more stages so that I wouldn't have to go through looking for a stale stage to level up a character.
Kingdom Hearts Coded was annoying, and I didn't really get into it.

Last edited:

MasterXehanort+

Here are ten reasons:
10. Kingdom Hearts 3 isn't coming out until (by my estimates) 2015.
9. You need a flow chart to keep up with the plot.
8. Final boss of Kingdom Hearts 1 was an utter rip off.
7. You need to buy a PS2, PSP, GBA, DS, and 3DS to play all the games.
6. The creator(Nomura) can't even answer basic questions about the series without proving that he doesn't carew about the fans, or, if we are lucky, proves he clearly doesn't know what happened in said games.
5. The people who make the games are milking the series more than Nintendo did to Mario.
4 Annoying fans of the Kingdom Hearts series who claim that Nomura is a "great story teller" and that "the people who make the series know that we are smart and won't buy every game up, cause they really care about whether or not the games are low quality."
3. The people who make the games are oblivious to the fact that more people like Kingdom Hearts than Final Fantasy.
2. The fact that the series would have a Kingdom Hearts 5 by now if the idiots at Square Enix didn't make all the Re: and Final Mix games.
1. And finally: All the side games i.e. Coded and 356/8 Days and Dream Drop Distance are pretty pointless in terms of story.
0.(My opinion) Riku is not the main character.

And I actually like Kingdom Hearts, so this is coming from a fan, not a hater.

Last edited:

Shinjuku

Entrapment

Okay my last post is just as it says.

I expected a lot from KH and got a little my expectations for the series was one that would at least try to rival FF(I am a fan of FF), but the story of this game is what gets on my nerves even certain areas of the first game. Such as The Keyblade itself at first I remember it was suppose to be this Master Keyblade and what not only can be wielded by a person of strong heart.

That's all well and good, but when In see King Mickey at the end wielding his own I'm like wait what??? Plus in KH2 you know it seems everyone just wields a Keyblade like it lost it's mysterious plus legendary power. It reminds me of what would happen if everyone could afford a Lamborghini it wouldn't be popular right or it wouldn't be seen as it is today?

You add into the mix the suppose Big Bad Heartless who have become nothing, but cannon fodder in fact after KH:COM it became apparent that their useless which I think is sad to see, and not only that you introduce a new enemy the Organization and to be honest I don't know much about them except Xemnas(never played Days).

Then Last the gameplay okay KH1 gameplay wasn't perfect, but it was better than most others maybe except BBS if at all, but it had a balanced difficulty that actually progressed with you. Even returning to former worlds at certain parts of the game you'd be faced with harder enemies instead of the easy ones.

KH2 was the complete opposite for me the reaction commands even having Mickey come help you out, and others things it was unnecessary at best. The Drive Forms for KH2 were also messed up they could have Kept Final and Master Form yeah they look great, but are useless to beat the game. Boss battles were all overrated including Sephiroth which was a shame in of itself. Magic and Summons were completely useless, but they were also the same way in KH1, but I at least had to use Cure and Aero if anything plus I had to use Fire, Thunder, and Blizzard fighting Phantom.

Someone said it pretty good I think MasterXehanort+

You need a flowchart to keep up with this story infact some of the magic of certain games are ruined by the sequels/prequels like finding out Terra gave Sora a Keyblade I can't stomach that to be honest. Oh and can someone please tell the "great storyteller" Nomura to stop reusing characters I don't want to see another Xion, Vantias, or Ventus reason being it gives me the sense that Nomura really doesn't have much imagination and can't come up with anyone brand new.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Here are ten reasons:
10. Kingdom Hearts 3 isn't coming out until (by my estimates) 2015.

Isn't that just being ignorant? We all know their current situation.

9. You need a flow chart to keep up with the plot.

Only if you want to get down into the nitty gritty details.

8. Final boss of Kingdom Hearts 1 was an utter rip off.

How so?

7. You need to buy a PS2, PSP, GBA, DS, and 3DS to play all the games.

No one's forcing you to.

6. The creator(Nomura) can't even answer basic questions about the series without proving that he doesn't carew about the fans, or, if we are lucky, proves he clearly doesn't know what happened in said games.

Haters gonna hate. You do realize that more often than not, he's not allowed to just flat out answer the questions you want answered?

5. The people who make the games are milking the series more than Nintendo did to Mario.

Newsflash: this isn't exactly Square Enix exclusive. If a series is as successful as this, of course the developers will try to make as much out of it as possible.

4 Annoying fans of the Kingdom Hearts series who claim that Nomura is a "great story teller" and that "the people who make the series know that we are smart and won't buy every game up, cause they really care about whether or not the games are low quality."

Quit hanging out in the cesspits of the fandom.

3. The people who make the games are oblivious to the fact that more people like Kingdom Hearts than Final Fantasy.

lol no

2. The fact that the series would have a Kingdom Hearts 5 by now if the idiots at Square Enix didn't make all the Re: and Final Mix games.

As if the only games that matter are the only ones with a main number.

1. And finally: All the side games i.e. Coded and 356/8 Days and Dream Drop Distance are pretty pointless in terms of story.

I'll give you coded and Days, but that's a stupid assumption considering we barely know anything about 3D asides from the Mark of Mastery. If I were skyfoxx I'd also mention that 3D, like BBS, is confirmed to be "on par with that of a main title," but you don't seem to be one who cares.

0.(My opinion) Riku is not the main character.

He's not. Though in some cases, he might as well be as he's actually progressed through with each game and actually retains his development.

And I actually like Kingdom Hearts, so this is coming from a fan, not a hater.

I never would've guessed.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

joker-clap.gif

Thank you Sign.

I honestly hate saying this over but people make KH more complicated than it really is. Yes, there are some games that seem unimportant but that doesn't make them any less relevant to the series.

Odysseus

Somewhere out there beneath the pale moonlight.

I don't hate any of the games, but it does bother me that the Disney magic has kind of been lost to the newer games.

The original required Disney to be there: Maleficent was the main villain (to your knowledge) when playing it, is collecting Ansem reports, corrupts Riku, and leads a gang of Disney villains using the Heartless (one of my favorite scenes in the entire series is after Traverse Town, when they look at Sora in the crystal ball and talk about him). Captain Hook even transports Kairi's heartless body, and Maleficent works with Ansem-possessed-Riku at the end of the game. Going to each world and taking out the villains felt connected to the overarching plot.

But KH2 lost a lot of that (one could say it started in CoM). From the start, Org.13 were the bad guys, you knew. There's hardly any noteworthy interaction with Disney characters that the Organization does (Xaldin and Luxord come to mind, but that's it...). No Disney villains are in cahoots with them. It feels like you can easily replace all the Disney worlds with Square-made worlds, and it would work just as well. You couldn't do that with KH1, the Disney worlds were rooted in the overarching story. They at least TRY with Maleficent and Pete, but by the end of the game, you wonder what their point is. Maleficent is clearly not the main baddy, she just wants to find a castle, uses Pete as a lackey, and their plot goes nowhere. Really. It baffles me.

This is why KH1 is my favorite: it had that sort of magic the others lack. I still love the whole series, and the massive plot it's made for itself is fascinating, but that's something that's always bugged me about the new ones; one of the few things I dislike about the series.

Also, side note, I think I'm in the minority when I say I enjoy KH more than FF. In fact, KH is how 95% of the FF characters were introduced to me.

Last edited:

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I don't hate the later games... but I really can say that I am disappointed with the series after Kingdom Hearts 1 was done so well, and integrated exploration, platforming, replayability, and overall just had more of the "magic". The more I play KH1 the more disappointed with the rest of the series I get, even though I really enjoyed Birth by Sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back