• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Leveling Drive forms in KH 2 FM!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
So okay. I seem to be having trouble leveling Limit Form right now. (Got the game, been taking a break from Re: Com) Been trying and trying but can't seem to get one xp on it. (I always try to max any new drive the instant I get it so I can use the abilities without having to go into Drive. I have the worst luck with going into Anti Form on bosses so I'd rather not!)

Thought I'd ask so I know; where's the best place at this point to level Limit form? I'm up to where I need to go to Hollow Bastion and get in a fight with a certain Org 13 member (Hint: dance water dance), but I want to max that first; that's my way of grinding xp actually.

Also is there any changes on where to level future drive forms? Just want to be sure! And before anyone asks, already got Valor and Wisdom form maxed, did that at Timeless River.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
So okay. I seem to be having trouble leveling Limit Form right now. (Got the game, been taking a break from Re: Com) Been trying and trying but can't seem to get one xp on it. (I always try to max any new drive the instant I get it so I can use the abilities without having to go into Drive. I have the worst luck with going into Anti Form on bosses so I'd rather not!)

Thought I'd ask so I know; where's the best place at this point to level Limit form? I'm up to where I need to go to Hollow Bastion and get in a fight with a certain Org 13 member (Hint: dance water dance), but I want to max that first; that's my way of grinding xp actually.

Also is there any changes on where to level future drive forms? Just want to be sure! And before anyone asks, already got Valor and Wisdom form maxed, did that at Timeless River.

Limit Form is levelled by using its Limits and performing their finishers, which can take several attacks and means you have to avoid enemies while you're doing it.

As a result, the best place to train it is against an enemy who can't really die, will always respawn, and will never hurt you: Mushroom V. Mushroom V also isn't bad for Valour Form, though Mushroom XI, I find, will net you about ten more hits (60 vs 50). Maybe that's just me.

The only change I can think of one where to level other forms is a change to Wisdom and Final Form: at the end of the game, there are now Nobodies in the Dark City instead of Heartless, so obviously it's useless for Wisdom, and useful for Final. Since you level up ASAP, end-game advice isn't going to be that helpful for you, I imagine.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Yeah..Would that mushroom be up at this point in the game? Just wondering. I haven't beaten one org member yet. That's part of the problem. ^^

Yeah, both Mushrooms V and XI will be in the game by now. Check Jiminy's Mission guide for more info. Or if you just want directions:

Mushroom V is in the Treasure Room in the Cave of Wonders. Mushroom XI is where you fought Pete on the Steamboat in Timeless River.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Thanks. Also I noticed that the carts in the land of dragons (Where I used to level master form) don't respawn anymore, which might put a minor crimp in that. I'll just have to run out to the save point more frequently I guess. (I already went anti once, oops yuck! that's where I went to refill that gauge.)

Also I've always done wisdom at timeless river; Was doing Valor there too b/c they added some harder Heartless there, so it's decent at this point for Valor. ^^ If you're willing to zone in and out a lot that is.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Thanks. Also I noticed that the carts in the land of dragons (Where I used to level master form) don't respawn anymore, which might put a minor crimp in that

Oh, that wasn't just me! I had never used that technique in Vanilla, so when I tried it in FM+, they didn't respawn and I thought... what is everyone talking about? This doesn't give you very many orbs at all! I thought I had just misunderstood so I didn't mention it to you.

If you clear the 100 Acre Wood, the Sweet Memories now gives you Drive Converter, which turns some Munny drops into Drive Orbs instead. That's how I levelled Master Form. But you can't get that without four Torn Pages, and that means going to Land of the Dragons a second time. If you're trying to level up ASAP, that's going to be too late! You can also gain Drive Converter from level ups, but that's not likely to help, either (Sword 41, Shield 53, Rod ew at 99).

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Yeah, I think they fixed it with FM for some reason. Dang. I'll still have to do it that way, at least for a little while. And I went with Sword so should get that ability soon.

Also I'm about 29; since I didn't xp level as much as drive level, is there a good place for me to get levels in case I need it for our sitar guy? Also which is better for that fight, Quick Run/Air Slide (from Wisdom Form) or Dodge Roll? I think Quick Run saved my bum in vanilla on that guy.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Also I'm about 29; since I didn't xp level as much as drive level, is there a good place for me to get levels in case I need it for our sitar guy?

Hmm, at this point in the game, your best way to get levels might be to run around Hollow Bastion fighting Nobodies during or prior to the Battle of Hollow Bastion. Nobodies are almost always the best way to handle levelling up. Make sure to let Sora run around at low HP so Experience Boost kicks in (that's partially why Nobodies are so good at levelling up - because they don't drop HP orbs).

You might end up fighting as late as the Construction Site at the start of the Battle of Hollow Bastion, just two rooms away from Demyx. That's the only room I can remember there being Nobodies walking around that weren't tied to a script... and I might be fuzzy on the details. Sorry, not much help this time!

You'll be able to access some new FM+ additions soon, but they're so dangerous I'm not sure I'd recommend them as a grinding technique. But if you feel up to it...?

Also which is better for that fight, Quick Run/Air Slide (from Wisdom Form) or Dodge Roll? I think Quick Run saved my bum in vanilla on that guy.

You can actually equip both Quick Run and Dodge Roll: hold Square to Quick Run, tap Square for Dodge Roll. It takes some getting used to (and I'm not sure I ever did). If you're bothered by the ambiguity, I'd keep Quick Run around so that you can chase Demyx around the arena when he does that water spout technique.

Last edited:

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I can say the confusion between Quick Run and Dodge Roll caused me the fight against Xigbar but hey if you get use to it!

But the best way to level up is to drive as much as possible during the story so you grind a lot less later. So whenever possible pop into Valor form etc.

dlppictures

Awards
Website
dlppictures.blogspot.dk
In FM, I usually lvl up Master Form in the Cavern of Remembrance. It means that I die a lot, but I reach max lvl within 10 minutes.

I don't know if there is an achievement for not dieing in KH2.5, as I don't have it myself, but if there is, and you are going for that, then this technique won't help you now, but here is the strategy I use:

- In the Cavern of Remembrance you'll have to get to the second area, beware all enemies here are at battle level 99, so try to stay out of their spawn points.
- When in the second room, you'll reach a cliff with two blue balloons which give you quite a handfull of drive orbs.
- Now enter Master Form, and whack these balloons to get all of their orbs.
- When they are empty, quickly run back to the first room again, and drop straight down.
- Enemies will spawn. Let them kill you.
- When you respawn, you'll still be in Master Form in front of the door to the second room again, enter it as fast as you can to avoid losing precious drive time.
- Run up to the two balloons whose drive orbs have respawned since you died.
- Rinse and repeat.

Here's a video which shows the technique.
[video=youtube;e3485pt2uoM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3485pt2uoM[/video]

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Thanks guys. dlppictures, I don't care about trophies as much as the rest of you really since trophies for me are icing on the cake, not "I must max trophies", so that might be just as good as Land of Dragons used to be.

But I'll look into that. ^^

And Divine_Past; that's kinda what I do since I learned my lesson of not doing it in vanilla. Got stuck on Demyx since I didn't touch Drives and had to start allllll over, cursing all the way, because I couldn't beat him without drive abilities. *rolls eyes* Might not of helped I skipped two worlds too...

So I take time out to go level drives now and get some xp before I go mess with Demyx.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
For me, whenever I got a new form, I immediately went and leveled up the forms to the highest level that I could get at that point (Limit Form was the exception since I didn't level that one up until I got Master Form shortly afterward). Master Form, I always leveled it up over in Agrabah (I never did do the cart trick in the vanilla version of II and by the time I learned about it, it was already too late) while both Limit Form and the Summon Gauge were leveled up through Mushroom V as others have already mentioned. By doing that, I was always ensured that I would be at about the level that I needed to be.

Don't worry too much. If nothing else, Quick Run is still useful for dodging some of his attacks while Guard and Reflect can handle the rest.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Demyx is down. I had some trouble with him (I usually do) but I piled on all the MP Haste I could (so I could toss more cures) and got though. Letting my hands rest right now before I do the Battle of 1000 Heartless.

Did a variation of the cart trick for Master Form; it's a LOT more tedious in FM because they don't respawn with a zone. (You go to the second camp, smash carts in both cave and up the mountain, then run back down and go back to the gummi ship at the save point. Lather, rinse, repeat.) Since I now have the Cavern unlocked, I'll do it there next time.

And that shroom rocks right now for leveling both Limit and Valor Form. I'm not strong enough to kill him really yet, but for now he's my pounding victim for those two forms. :cool:

DoctahFaz

Awards
Most of my drive leveling obviously came through naturally using them in battle, but here's where I focused on grinding a bit for that last level or two for each:

Valor: Mushroom V in the Cave of Wonders Treasure Room
Wisdom: Timeless River; Mickey's House, Scene of the Fire, and Lilliput
Master: Land of Dragons: Antechamber (the Assault Riders), and City Gates (Bolt Towers and the purple Heartless; forgot their name)
Limit: the 1000 Heartless Battle and then the rest came through natural use
Final: World that Never Was: the Creepers in both Naught's Skyway and Ruin & Creation passage

Anagram

Banned
I level my Valor, Limit, Final and Base forms in The World That Never Was. I start at the first save point and go all the way to the last.
I'll use a drive till it runs out, use base till the gauge refills, repeat. It lets me kill several birds with one stone.

Wisdom I level in Timeless River. I go from room to room spamming fire until the gauge is nearly empty then leave so the gauge refills and then go back into the TR world and repeat.

Master I level at Land of Dragons. Go to the village, use drive and just go around the mountain destroying the wagons/fireworks littered about. It helps to equip Wishing Lamp and Sweet Memories when doing it.

Badger

The problem I had with Limit form was that you could only get off like 2 abilities before your mp runs out which is crucial to getting xp. So I solved this by going to the underworld. There's that one stretch on the way to Hades (I think it's called Cave of the Dead: Passage) that I found to be the best. You're always hitting those lights that release mp orbs and it takes no time to refill your charge gauge. The best abilities to use are Sonic Blade and Strike Raid and just spam triangle once it's started. Even if you destroy all the enemies you can still go all the way to your finisher.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I found that since that mushroom's right by that save point Badger; that worked for me pretty well. Might not work so hot once I get up in levels of course since right now at 30ish I do not do much damage (and can't kill it for anything) but for now it works. Don't think I'm getting any more drives tho until I clobber Roxas though. ^^

RikuOathkeeper

Sometimes Anti Form is a real pain in the neck when I'm trying to level my Forms.

Is the trick to maxing out the Drive gauge heading to the World Map while still in a Drive Form? Because I saw a method of leveling Wisdom Form in Timeless River, but when I exited and reentered, my Drive gauge was still at 0.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Sometimes Anti Form is a real pain in the neck when I'm trying to level my Forms.

Is the trick to maxing out the Drive gauge heading to the World Map while still in a Drive Form? Because I saw a method of leveling Wisdom Form in Timeless River, but when I exited and reentered, my Drive gauge was still at 0.

You are suppose to leave the world while still in Wisdom Form which means when you get back to Disney Castle you'll have a full drive gauge again.

RikuOathkeeper

I figured. Timing that'll be interesting, but it'll end up being worth it. Now I just gotta wait until I reach The World That Never Was before getting Final Form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back