• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lily Allen

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
she's pretty shit.

also mockney.

also the lyrics for the fear are kind of bad. my response to it would be "well, no shit, captain obvious". it's like she's trying to be radical but it just comes out stupid.

ha, yeah. I agree. This may have been radical about 7 years ago, but any idiot could make and articulate the same observations, possibly in a more witty way, too.
I'm surprised people are impressed.

I mean, she's alllllright, and has some funny lyrics, I will grant her that, but if we're rolling with that genre, I think Kate Nash is slightly better.

Also, chavvy behaviour. :unimpressed:

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
ha, yeah. I agree. This may have been radical about 7 years ago, but any idiot could make and articulate the same observations, possibly in a more witty way, too.
I'm surprised people are impressed.

No one said it was radical. And Lily Allen is funny as hell, I really can't see where you're coming from here.

I mean, she's alllllright, and has some funny lyrics, I will grant her that, but if we're rolling with that genre, I think Kate Nash is slightly better.

ew kate nash

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
I'm incredibly late but I just downloaded It's Not Me, It's You, and omg I love it. :3
[produced by the guy from The Bird and The Bee? fuck yes!]

I really didn't have that much of a problem with The Fear as with Everyone's At It. the chorus is just so preachy. <_<
I hate blanket statements like "society should be like this" or "everyone is doing this and its bad blah blah"
Dunno why. It makes her seem like a hypocrite, but there is the "i'm not saying that i'm smelling of roses" part to refute me, lol.

Actually, I keep finding stuff like this in all her songs. It's starting to turn me off but they're still cute little tunes. :S

C

Charlie

if you were the british version of yourself, you'd hate her.

Brits hate everything of theirs that hits big in America then, apparently.

As for Lily -
I love the girl and her style. 'Smile' and 'The Fear' off of her new album are pretty amazing.
Not to mention that I actually like almost every song off of 'Alright, Still.' And with me, that's pretty damn rare. Hey, at least she isn't another Winehouse for people to bitch about.

I just think that you expect artists to exert some radical, original, intelligent lyrics in comparison to light hearted, realistic honesty. Each method in that category can create good songs.

Massive Attack

Dial 'M' for 'Motherfucker'
Awards

As for Lily -
I love the girl and her style. 'Smile' and 'The Fear' off of her new album are pretty amazing.
Not to mention that I actually like almost every song off of 'Alright, Still.' And with me, that's pretty damn rare. Hey, at least she isn't another Winehouse for people to bitch about.

I just think that you expect artists to exert some radical, original, intelligent lyrics in comparison to light hearted, realistic honesty. Each method in that category can create good songs.

I don't care about popularity... I didn't even know she was popular in the US.

And, no. Light hearted lyrics are fine, but they have nothing to do with this. When you're trying to express something which you think is important, but it really isn't, then it's very annoying.

BunnyCupCakes

Day-Dreamer
Website
bunnycupcakes.deviantart.com

Lol, no wonder xD
*looks at the Youtube comments*

But I really do love her though. The Brits are always talking about her stuck-up attitude & all but I really don't care. I just care about the music. 'The Fear' wins my heart.

Hooray for sarcasm in songs :'D

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour

Hmmm, by calling it "realistic honesty" is giving it credit for something that it really isn't. More like mundane regurgitating something she read in a column.

Also, Lily Allen is being 'marketed' and praised as original, pioneering, unique and everything else. That's her selling point compared to the more manufactured female singers.

So yes, I do expect her to come up with something at least intelligent. Lighthearted is good, but I personally don't find something funny just because she "tells it like it is". If she's going claim satire (i.e. The Fear), at least make it a little more biting.

Cute maybe, but hits about average.

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
I don't care about popularity... I didn't even know she was popular in the US.

I didn't even know her albums were promoted in the US.

The thing that pisses me off about Lily Allen is how she's going on about normal council estate bullshit, how her times are hard and stuff....even though her dads Keith Allen who is loaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back