• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Master Qulification Exam

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Yen Sid is not necessarily a Keyblade Master. There's more saying he is not than there is saying he is.

I like that idea, though, of the Awakening being a part of the Master Qualification Exam. o_O It would make a lot of sense and be really interesting if it's the case.

Well whoever the third master is.

It would explain why Mickey sent Sora to the awakening in his dream (I assume Mickey was the voice in KH1) Mickey may have been giving Sora the Master Qualification Exam to prepare him for the keyblade which explains how he knew of Sora in KH1 but never physicaly met him.

Eraqus' stain glass would have him in a sleeping position with the castle of LoD behind him and head shots of TAV. MX's stain glass would have him in a sleeping stance with Castle Oblivion behind him and a head shot of Vanitas. Yen Sid would have him in a sleep stance with his tower behind him and a head shot of Mickey on the stain glass. (Depending on if Yen Sid is the third master.)

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards
Well whoever the third master is.

It would explain why Mickey sent Sora to the awakening in his dream (I assume Mickey was the voice in KH1) Mickey may have been giving Sora the Master Qualification Exam to prepare him for the keyblade which explains how he knew of Sora in KH1 but never physicaly met him.
It was Mickey's voice. I'm pretty certain that was confirmed. That is actually very very interesting, too, that Mickey would have been giving it to Sora. It could even be said that Roxas going through it was probably REALLY Ventus going through his Master Qualification Exam finally. Gah, this fits so nicely.

Eraqus' stain glass would have him in a sleeping position with the castle of LoD behind him and head shots of TAV. MX's stain glass would have him in a sleeping stance with Castle Oblivion behind him and a head shot of Vanitas. Yen Sid would have him in a sleep stance with his tower behind him and a head shot of Mickey on the stain glass. (Depending on if Yen Sid is the third master.)

Just to say, there'd be no reason for them to be asleep. They're all awake in-game. If you notice, in Sora's and Roxas' Awakenings, the only people with closed eyes are characters who are currently in a state of sleep of some sort. On Roxas', Sora has closed eyes while Riku and Kairi don't. On Sora's, the Princesses have closed eyes while Beast and the Dwarves don't. :3 I read that on the wikia before and thought it was cool.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
It was Mickey's voice. I'm pretty certain that was confirmed. That is actually very very interesting, too, that Mickey would have been giving it to Sora. It could even be said that Roxas going through it was probably REALLY Ventus going through his Master Qualification Exam finally. Gah, this fits so nicely.

Just to say, there'd be no reason for them to be asleep. They're all awake in-game. If you notice, in Sora's and Roxas' Awakenings, the only people with closed eyes are characters who are currently in a state of sleep of some sort. On Roxas', Sora has closed eyes. On Sora's, Cinderella and Snow White (along with the dwarves) have closed eyes while Belle does not. :3 I read that on the wikia before and thought it was cool.

Yeah you're right.

Also I just came up with some interesting evidence. Sora's awakening in KH1, all the questions seemed to be refering to things connected to the heart. Like when Tidus ask "What are you most afraid of?" That question is one of "fear" and fear is an emotion which is connected to the heart.

Then in BBS Eraqus said the Master Qualification Exam was to test Terra and Aqua's heart, which would make it similar to the awakening in KH1. So it's possible they are one in the same!

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
If it was mickey's voice! OMG I know what the letter said you know the words at the end of Kh1 after you end up in the cross roads when the words appear you are the one who will open the door to light yep.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
If it was mickey's voice! OMG I know what the letter said you know the words at the end of Kh1 after you end up in the cross roads when the words appear you are the one who will open the door to light yep.

You may be right about that. That does make alot of sence.

i sortof agree with the awakening station as sort of the MQE but if it was still to be used as a tutorial all the characters would be needed to use it.

Not really. Terra and Aqua can use the Master Qaulification Exam as a tutorial but with Ven they could just have Vanitas does some training with him or something and make that the tutorial for Ven.

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards
Not really. Terra and Aqua can use the Master Qaulification Exam as a tutorial but with Ven they could just have Vanitas does some training with him or something and make that the tutorial for Ven.

We DO see a scene with Ventus and Vanitas in a non-combat environment that has not yet been seen, so it's entirely possible that Ven and Van train together while Terra and Aqua go off on their Master Qualification Exams. Ventus and Vanitas don't seem very outwardly hostile towards each other in that scene or the scene in the TGS 09 trailer.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
We DO see a scene with Ventus and Vanitas in a non-combat environment that has not yet been seen, so it's entirely possible that Ven and Van train together while Terra and Aqua go off on their Master Qualification Exams. Ventus and Vanitas don't seem very outwardly hostile towards each other in that scene or the scene in the TGS 09 trailer.

Very true. Well if the Awakening and the Master Qualification Exam are the same then it will finally answer the one question we have had since litteraly the begining of KH1. "What the hell is the awakening?"

Allister Rose

French Lover
I had an interesting idea, what if the Master Qualification Exam is actually the Awakening? What if the Awakening from KH1 and 2 is actualy a part of the Master Qualification Exam?

That may mean the Master Qualification Exam may be used as the tutorial for Aqua and Terra also in BBS.

So that would mean that King Mickey is Sora's Master? I like this idea alot

Awards

It was confirmed to be Mickey in the KHFM Ultimania.

However, the scenario does raise interesting questions about Roxas' awakening. Mickey, as far as we know, never even met Roxas. So it's hard to say who the voice was in Roxas' case.

I was thinking about the idea that the Master Qualification Exam is the Awakening a little while ago. It's almost inconceivable that Ven is not ready to take it compared to Aqua and Terra, yet Sora apparently manages to pass it without any prior experience with the Keyblade.

This could be explained by Sora having a piece of Ven in him, but there's an alternate explanation too.

Sora and Roxas failed their Master Qualification Exams.
Think about it. Despite how they both seemingly defeated their respective dark sides, they would have been consumed by darkness.

And I of course don't think this is a sink or swim exam. It's not like, should they fail it, they'll be left to die.

Sora is regarded as a Keyblade Master but, still, I don't think we can necessarily discrern his status based on the dialogue of some unknowing characters. It'd be interesting to see him prepare for being a Master in KH3.

I'd go out on a limb here and say that, should this theory be true, Aqua will fail her exam (consumed by darkness), Terra will win, what with all of his dialogue about some new found power.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
So that would mean that King Mickey is Sora's Master? I like this idea alot

Well technicaly yes, I suppose Mickey could be seen as Sora's master.

It was confirmed to be Mickey in the KHFM Ultimania.

However, the scenario does raise interesting questions about Roxas' awakening. Mickey, as far as we know, never even met Roxas. So it's hard to say who the voice was in Roxas' case.

I was thinking about the idea that the Master Qualification Exam is the Awakening a little while ago. It's almost inconceivable that Ven is not ready to take it compared to Aqua and Terra, yet Sora apparently manages to pass it without any prior experience with the Keyblade.

This could be explained by Sora having a piece of Ven in him, but there's an alternate explanation too.

Sora and Roxas failed their Master Qualification Exams.
Think about it. Despite how they both seemingly defeated their respective dark sides, they would have been consumed by darkness.

And I of course don't think this is a sink or swim exam. It's not like, should they fail it, they'll be left to die.

Sora is regarded as a Keyblade Master but, still, I don't think we can necessarily discrern his status based on the dialogue of some unknowing characters. It'd be interesting to see him prepare for being a Master in KH3.

I'd go out on a limb here and say that, should this theory be true, Aqua will fail her exam (consumed by darkness), Terra will win, what with all of his dialogue about some new found power.

Good points Grace, I guess all we can really do in this case is wait and see. Though it does make alot of sence for the Awakening to be the master qualification exam.

It also makes sence about Roxas and Sora failing their exams/awakenings. I wonder if Riku ever had an awakening that we are unaware of? Wonder if he passed or failed it?

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
. Though it does make alot of sence for the Awakening to be the master qualification exam.

No it doesn't isn't the awakening supposed to be about awakening your keyblade wielding abilities. not becoming a master. I thought thats why its called the AWAKENING not MQE.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
No it doesn't isn't the awakening supposed to be about awakening your keyblade wielding abilities. not becoming a master. I thought thats why its called the AWAKENING not MQE.

Calm down, no one knows what the awakening is. All I was doing was showing how the MQE and the Awakening could be the same and it is possible that they are the same thing. But still no one knows for sure.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Calm down, no one knows what the awakening is. All I was doing was showing how the MQE and the Awakening could be the same and it is possible that they are the same thing. But still no one knows for sure.

Awakenign is also called Deep Dive. As in deeping into your heart. so the awakening could just be wakening Sora's heart

El Coqu?

General ShinyMog here!
Awards
ok hold on i dont think either aqua or terra pass the MQE. The only reason i can think of its the two scenes the one from the 08 and 09 TGS trailers of BBS. In the older one MX tells Terra to cross the bordary of dark and light to join him (aka become master) and then terra summons his behemoth keyblade in hostility. Then there is the second seen during the older one were terra is about to attack MX and he says "idc about being master. This power i use for my friends." Finally in this years TGS there are the scenes where terra ask MX how to become a master by overcoming darkness and the scene where MX tells terra he doesnt believe as ME's apprentice he can become master.

So i believe the TGS 08 screens of terra and MX are events that happen after the sceen events from the 09 TGS. Also when it comes to Sora's awakening my theory has always been that (since TAV in early scans didnt have a keychain- ties into my theory) he needed to reach his full potential quickly as to counter the heartless threat.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Awakenign is also called Deep Dive. As in deeping into your heart. so the awakening could just be wakening Sora's heart

Why would Sora's heart need waking?

Point is Awakening/deep dive ask questions about things connected to the heart. MQE according to Eraqus is something that test the heart of a keyblade wielder, this seems very similar to the awakening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back