• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

MF most difficult boss in the series

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadie808

I haven't fought against him yet (haven't had the guts). Is he that tough? o_O;
Yessir he`s hard as fck!
His beams can kill you easily *cough Terra*
He can spam his ultra Combo on you
He can you use his whip two times on you if he liked XD
His clones can rape you
He can use Aeroga/Tornado on you
He makes this X beam that can damage you but can be dodge easily!
He can use vanish and spam all these moves that will make your heart beep like for example Megaflare, Meteor, this move he can grab with you which you have to tap X hard and he uses Tornado and again spams his ultra combo! Hell theres even times were he summons his clones and his beams to pwned you hard!

Its like this he damage`s you and you get a safe spot and use Curaga out of nowhere bam he catches you with his ultra combo and your back to hearing the beeping sound!

╬ProperArtist╬;5288849 said:
Definitely not the hardest boss in the KH franchise.
Not by a long shot.
Sucking Artist!

noheartx

ok so apparently he can do this attack where he launches an x at u and it leaves an opening for u to attack.....he haas never done this to me

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
In BBS FM, there is gonna be an even harder Mirage Arena boss (Armored Master Eraqus that not even Mr. Nomura could beat. Sorry, i don't know how to do spoiler thing) so don't think this will stay the hardest boss for long.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I beat him. Fast, really fast. I'm considering recording a battle with him on JTV. (Gotta love webcams, right?)

Sorry for double post.

Apostle

Silver Member
Awards
In BBS FM, there is gonna be an even harder Mirage Arena boss (Armored Master Eraqus that not even Mr. Nomura could beat. Sorry, i don't know how to do spoiler thing) so don't think this will stay the hardest boss for long.
I'm pretty sure Nomura couldn't beat MF or LS in KH2FM+ either, but it's certainly possible that BBS FM will have a boss even harder than MF

acan444

Yessir he`s hard as fck!
His beams can kill you easily *cough Terra*
He can spam his ultra Combo on you
He can you use his whip two times on you if he liked XD
His clones can rape you
He can use Aeroga/Tornado on you
He makes this X beam that can damage you but can be dodge easily!
He can use vanish and spam all these moves that will make your heart beep like for example Megaflare, Meteor, this move he can grab with you which you have to tap X hard and he uses Tornado and again spams his ultra combo! Hell theres even times were he summons his clones and his beams to pwned you hard!

Its like this he damage`s you and you get a safe spot and use Curaga out of nowhere bam he catches you with his ultra combo and your back to hearing the beeping sound!

Sucking Artist!

Don't forget the time he rewinds time and heals himself and attacks you.

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
the13thmember.deviantart.com
So, I keep catching you saying this as if it's fact, and I can't help but believe you may be forgetting that your experience is not the be all, end all comparison for all other gamers to go by. The average player seems to agree that MF is not as easy as you insist it is, hardest or not.

If you're going to brag, just be upfront about it. ;P
Not bragging
They hyped him up to be a rape machine pretty much.
Claiming that not even the developers could beat him and flash forward to now when the games out and I feel disappointed.

I have hope that Armor'd Eraqus is difficult as all get out though.

sora364

Inactive until DDD NA Release.
Awards
As I've never played against "Lingering Sentiment", I an unable to discuss this matter in detail. However, even as Terra, I did not find the Mysterious Figure that difficult. Challenging, yes...but more so cheap. The problem is this: button mashing or fighting him head to head is suicide. You have to fight cheapness with cheapness!

6 Thunder Surges + Two Curagas + Maxed out Magic & Attack Haste + Defender + Renewal Guard + a little luck = Dead MF.

Within my first 10 tries, I won. Very disappointed. Though...I do feel bad for using such a cheap tactic, but it's not like the cheap bastard gave me any other option...>_>

I personally found Vanitas' Lingering Sentiment MUCH harder (playing as Terra with his infamously crappy dodge skills, mind you) That fight was almost entirely based on luck. I must of reused the same strategy 50+ times before I actually defeated him. And that's not counting the "other" strategies I used the other 1002939 times he killed me.

Though I have fought VLS with Ven and Aqua (never finished the full fight) I found it significantly easier than it was with Terra. Cartwheel spam="Haha! You can't touch me any more, bitch!"

I feel the experience differs depending on which character you play as. VLS is cake for Ven and Aqua, yet a living hell for Terra. Same goes with MF (though I've only beat him with Terra up to this point.) So...while I've never fought it...the Lingering Sentiment seems harder overall as you can fight with him as only as Sora and your options are more limited.

Awards
However, I'd have to say Terra's Lingering Spirit takes the cake of the overall hardest boss. He has a ton of 1-HP guarantee moves, his defense is both extremely high and odd, meaning you need to connect combos to do significant damage. He has a wide range of attacks in general, however his few tricks are what make him very deadly. He can cast a curse on you, preventing you from attacking. Meaning, you'd need to use magic and bring down a bar of his HP to break the curse. He also has an inverse of that curse, preventing you from using magic (healing) and you'd need to use only physical attacks to bring him down. His Keyblade cannon can prove deadly unless you handle it correctly. If he uses it and you're too far away, you can block the cannon, but it will only keep bouncing back at you. After LS launches it, he'll continue attacking again. Since it's not possible to block both the cannon and Terra at once, you're usually dead, or at least guaranteed to be left with 1 HP. Perhaps his most fearsome skill is his skill that screws with your commands. It shuffles all your commands at a fast pace, with three of them being "die" and one of them being "break free". Given he'll start attacking immediately after he uses it, you'll need to dodge him until your commands slow down enough to hit "break free". Your HP drains at a fairly quick pace, often down to 1 HP, while you're locked by this skill. Needless to say, you can't heal during this lock.

Honestly, I'm going to have to disagree. I didn't have that much trouble with LS.
Even if he's difficult to loop, the attacks in themselves aren't that difficult to dodge. For example, his DM is literally just a matter of gliding to a corner of the map (usually on a surface that juts out so your sides and back are covered), and then spamming square in his third phase.

And I never found the command shuffle to be that hard. In fact, I don't even remember losing on it, probably because I hardly ever got hit by it. When his keyblade changes to a bow-and-arrow, dodge roll three times, and it misses.

Let's put it this way, I felt a lot more comfortable dodge rolling and gliding around LS than I do for MF. Because there's no telling when it will get me killed. If it makes sense, I find it much more difficult to rebound once I get hit in the MF fight than I did in the LS fight.

Xenin

Banned
Has anyone beat VLS fair? Just curious...Everyone I know cheated (including me)...Either the rock glitch or the tracking blocks thingy...But yeah.

MF isn't all predictable...but you know what...At level 71...I pwned the crap out of him with Ventus...I know it's cheap...but ya know..lol.. I beat him with Terra on level 99 also... I'm not doing it with Aqua...she sucks

Apostle

Silver Member
Awards
Has anyone beat VLS fair? Just curious...Everyone I know cheated (including me)...Either the rock glitch or the tracking blocks thingy...But yeah.
I did. and tbh, it wasn't very hard. it was just cartwheel cartwheel cartwheel cartwheel *sees an opening* mine square *waits for VLS to run into mine* Thundaga

rinse and repeat.

aqua by far was the easiest person for me to beat MF with. It only took me 4 tries. It took me 3 days with a level 52 Ven, and right now I'm stuck with Terra, so I'm leveling up to level 75 before I try again. I can get him down to his 4th HP bar but I always seem to die there.

sora364

Inactive until DDD NA Release.
Awards

If by you mean not spamming exploits, then yes. If by "tracking blocks thingy" you mean "Seeker Mine?" I've never used it nor seen it used, but I've heard how easy as hell VLS is if you spam it. So I did finish him off "fairly", now if I knew about that rock glitch earlier...0_o

Sacred X

Freshmeat
Honestly, I'm going to have to disagree. I didn't have that much trouble with LS.

I'm going to have to cut out this portion and point out how I said "overall". This includes all things considered for each boss and to the general gamer, knowing each and every gamer won't agree. I only read this portion so far, and as I skim the rest of the post, I'm seeing a lot of I's, while I simply said generalizations. There are people who've defeated LS at Level 1. I'm aware everything is dodgeable, avoidable, and not impossible.

Even if he's difficult to loop, the attacks in themselves aren't that difficult to dodge. For example, his DM is literally just a matter of gliding to a corner of the map (usually on a surface that juts out so your sides and back are covered), and then spamming square in his third phase.

And I never found the command shuffle to be that hard. In fact, I don't even remember losing on it, probably because I hardly ever got hit by it. When his keyblade changes to a bow-and-arrow, dodge roll three times, and it misses.

Let's put it this way, I felt a lot more comfortable dodge rolling and gliding around LS than I do for MF. Because there's no telling when it will get me killed. If it makes sense, I find it much more difficult to rebound once I get hit in the MF fight than I did in the LS fight.

I can see you didn't have an impossible amount of trouble with him. The thing about Terra is you need to know how each of his attacks works since you can't block/dodge them all in the same fashion. Since you're probably going to get hit eventually, you're going to need to know what to do. You're going to need to know when not to hit him before he counters with his "Keyblade-rope spazzing-out" move. Overall, for LS, you need to know how he works, and survive his large amount of HP. I know many people who've had trouble defeating him when he's low on HP due to his DM spamming. While of course, each attack is dodgeable, dodging it every time is different.

As for the Mysterious Figure, he doesn't have a lot of complex attacks. The most complex attack he must have is probably his tornado which drops all your commands, and even then you can easily get your commands back in a second if you have maxed treasure magnet. Most of what you need to know about LS is "press square like crazy [dodge roll/cartwheel], and use a 'surge' attack after he uses x attack." (By x I'm referring to an attack you can counter, not solely his x-slash.)

In the end, you can't dodge roll 90% of the time with LS and simply "counter" after he uses a particular attack. You'll need to know how to counter each attack. Sometimes, yes, you'll need to dodge a lot. That doesn't always work. At those times, glide. That doesn't always work. At those times, dodge roll, but don't spam it, time it. Other times that doesn't work, so block. Et cetera. I'll admit, the Mysterious Figure probably would be a lot harder if surges weren't used, but all in all, he's a pretty simple boss with a lot of 1-HP-guarantee attacks.

sora364 said:
As I've never played against "Lingering Sentiment", I an unable to discuss this matter in detail. However, even as Terra, I did not find the Mysterious Figure that difficult. Challenging, yes...but more so cheap. The problem is this: button mashing or fighting him head to head is suicide. You have to fight cheapness with cheapness!

I agree with this so much. Most of this is probably because of how BBS's gameplay works.

MF isn't all predictable...but you know what...At level 71...I pwned the crap out of him with Ventus...I know it's cheap...but ya know..lol.. I beat him with Terra on level 99 also... I'm not doing it with Aqua...she sucks

I beat him with Aqua using Seeker Mine. What made this one particularly difficult is the status effects he can inflict. I pretty much thought up the Seeker Mine trick without the use of a guide, and I'm never going to use the rock-glitch since it's pretty pointless in my opinion unless you're trying to rush to MF. VLS is also very hard, but in a different way than MF.

Last edited:

BondofWater

The new boss IS Nomura. He's' so frustrated at all the people pirating the game, this is his revenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back