• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

More PS4 Remasters on the horizon

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Oh you don't have a ps3? Did you used to (I mean, it sounds like you've played some ps3 games)

I think a quantic dream remaster for ps4 would be sweet. Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls in Ps4 glory (I would love for Fahrenheit to get a remaster as well)

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Yeah, a friend of mine let me borrow his for a bit. The only games I've really played have been Infamous and WWE 2k14. I've also racked up some trophies for FFX-2 HD, but that's about it. :/

Also, another HD remaster I wouldn't mind is The Elder Scrolls games that were for the PS2. I'm sure fans would love those. :D

Max

Staff member
Awards
Oh man, you know now that you mention elder scrolls I'm actually really surprised that skyrim hasn't been released on ps4. That would sell like made crazy

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
Oh I'm sure it'll make it's way to the later systems. Hell, it might even include all of the DLC. I mean, isn't that what Mass Effect did when it finally came to the PS3?

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
They really just need to extend their virtual shop to include the older games. Xbox isn't planning on doing anything like that, and Nintendo is leaps and bounds ahead. But they cant cover all of the games, and Playstation has a LOT more classics than they've got online.

I think the opposite. I think I’ve said it previously in this thread before, but Sony needs to stop living in the past. Microsoft is stepping up their game so much that I’m actually considering on buying an Xbox one, and I would have never considered that when the console was first released. This time around, (unlike with the Xbox 360) Microsoft is providing us with a diverse choice of games to choose from. Sony can rely on PS3 games all they want—but if they make the PS4 a place for updated PS3, they’ll lose a lot of buyers, including me.

Max

Staff member
Awards
Oh I'm sure it'll make it's way to the later systems. Hell, it might even include all of the DLC. I mean, isn't that what Mass Effect did when it finally came to the PS3?

I'm pretty positive it did. Added to the fact that you can buy and edition of Skyrim with all of the DLC jazz on ps3 now, I don't see why they would release the game without it.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
I think the beautiful thing about the Crash games and Spyro games that came out for the ps1 is that, to my recent memory, they had voice acting in them, so it's not like they would have to go searching for VA's to provide voices for it. The problem I see is if they actually want to do HD remasters of those specific games. I, for one, would love to see that happen. :D

Oh please. I can’t say for Spyro, but the games on the PS1 that did have voice acting in them suck. If you don’t believe me, just listen to the VA’s on Resident Evil. They’re horrid, let me tell you.

Max

Staff member
Awards
Oh please. I can’t say for Spyro, but the games on the PS1 that did have voice acting in them suck. If you don’t believe me, just listen to the VA’s on Resident Evil. They’re horrid, let me tell you.

Resident Evil was as bad as they come. It's probably the worst case. Spyro wasn't too bad, but I recently replayed crash warped and it was not how I remembered. Same goes for Ape Escape (I still like its voices regardless though).

I think the best example of good voice acting on ps1 was The Legend of Dragoon and Metal Gear Solid. MGS did a solid (ha) job with their voice acting, it was mostly very believable and still holds up to this day. Voice acting in the Legend of Dragoon was more rare since it was only in cutscenes, but it was good nonetheless.

OH! Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee nailed the voices too.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Resident Evil was as bad as they come. It's probably the worst case. Spyro wasn't too bad, but I recently replayed crash warped and it was not how I remembered. Same goes for Ape Escape (I still like its voices regardless though).

I think the best example of good voice acting on ps1 was The Legend of Dragoon and Metal Gear Solid. MGS did a solid (ha) job with their voice acting, it was mostly very believable and still holds up to this day. Voice acting in the Legend of Dragoon was more rare since it was only in cutscenes, but it was good nonetheless.

OH! Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee nailed the voices too.

Just think how bad FFVII would be if it included voice acting *shudders*

Max

Staff member
Awards
Just think how bad FFVII would be if it included voice acting *shudders*

Yeah, that's true. It may not have been nearly as highly regarded as it is if it sounded as atrocious as it probably would have. We probably would not have had Steve Burton, which would have sucked

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards

Well, I wasn't saying that they were good voices, just that they had voices period. Of course, if those games from the PS1 were remastered in HD, I like to think that the studios would get a new voice cast. Then again, remaking the games might make a lot more sense.

Max

Staff member
Awards
Well, I wasn't saying that they were good voices, just that they had voices period. Of course, if those games from the PS1 were remastered in HD, I like to think that the studios would get a new voice cast. Then again, remaking the games might make a lot more sense.

I mentioned Oddworld Abe's Oddysee had good voices on ps1. They are actually REMAKING that game for ps4, and it's looking great. I'm assuming they are getting new voices as well, so I really hope they hold up to the originals

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
I think a quantic dream remaster for ps4 would be sweet. Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls in Ps4 glory (I would love for Fahrenheit to get a remaster as well)

I would love a Quantic Dream bundle. Heavy Rain and Beyond are fantastic games plus it would give me a chance to play Fahrenheit since I haven't got a chance to play that one yet.

Voice acting in the Legend of Dragoon was more rare since it was only in cutscenes, but it was good nonetheless.

I did enjoy Legend of Dragoon having voice acting (since that was one of the first games that I played that had it) but you do have to admit some of the voices (like Dart's) could be a little cringe-worthy sometimes. xD

Max

Staff member
Awards
I would love a Quantic Dream bundle. Heavy Rain and Beyond are fantastic games plus it would give me a chance to play Fahrenheit since I haven't got a chance to play that one yet.

I did enjoy Legend of Dragoon having voice acting (since that was one of the first games that I played that had it) but you do have to admit some of the voices (like Dart's) could be a little cringe-worthy sometimes. xD

Fahrenheit is my favorite quantic dream game, so I would be ecstatic to get an hd remaster of it.

And yeah, Dart wasn't as talented as some others. Honestly, I was really impressed by the voice acting the opening cutscene, just with those soldiers. I dunno, it was great for its time.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Fahrenheit is my favorite quantic dream game, so I would be ecstatic to get an hd remaster of it.

And yeah, Dart wasn't as talented as some others. Honestly, I was really impressed by the voice acting the opening cutscene, just with those soldiers. I dunno, it was great for its time.

Oh don't get me wrong I love the game and the voice acting especially the scenes where the past events are summarized. It's just Dart's voice that wasn't the best.

Max

Staff member
Awards
Oh don't get me wrong I love the game and the voice acting especially the scenes where the past events are summarized. It's just Dart's voice that wasn't the best.

At least it wasn't the worst, right?

You know, I would like to see some remasters of some Spiderman games, there are some really high quality games in that series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back