• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

MX gives Braig his scars?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

theDOOR2light

ok lets say that he DID get stabbed in the eye by MX, Braig's hair (if you noticed) is considerably shorter and furthermore, WHERE ON EARTH DID THOSE GRAY STREAKS COME FROM? YOU DONT SUPPOSE THAT HE MADE HIM AGE DO YOU? I rest my case, thank you

Last edited:
H

Haxon

Well people can get grey hair in a matter of 9 years... or it could have happened the same time the eyes turned yellow and the ears got pointy :23:

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
ok lets say that he DID get stabbed in the eye by MX, Braig's hair (if you noticed) is considerably shorter and furthermore, WHERE ON EARTH DID THOSE GRAY STREAKS COME FROM? YOU DONT SUPPOSE THAT HE MADE HIM AGE DO YOU? I rest my case, thank you
What? ...It's never said that his hair turns gray at the EXACT moment his face is scarred. The two changes could be completely unrelated. I honestly don't even think the hair streaks are important.

Well people can get grey hair in a matter of 9 years... or it could have happened the same time the eyes turned yellow and the ears got pointy :23:
There's only one year between BbS and when Braig becomes Xigbar, and Nobodies don't age. There is no way his hair could turn that gray in one year. If the game even gives a reason, it will be something that happens in or right after BbS.

But your second point made me think, maybe his hair slowly is turning white from exposure to darkness. After all, Xehanort and MX (the biggest amber-eyed characters) both have white hair.

H

Haxon

What? ...It's never said that his hair turns gray at the EXACT moment his face is scarred. The two changes could be completely unrelated. I honestly don't even think the hair streaks are important.

There's only one year between BbS and when Braig becomes Xigbar, and Nobodies don't age. There is no way his hair could turn that gray in one year. If the game even gives a reason, it will be something that happens in or right after BbS.

But your second point made me think, maybe his hair slowly is turning white from exposure to darkness. After all, Xehanort and MX (the biggest amber-eyed characters) both have white hair.
Just because a Nobody cant age, doesnt mean his hair cannot grow. Even dead peoples hair still grows...
So when he first became a nobody he probly still had short hair but it grew and either greyed from old age or from the darkness or something like you said.

Dawn Rebirth

Can you say vacay on Radiant Isle, and I'm growing
i say it's very possible considering that Eraqus also has a similar scar.
(ahem) To clarify if you look at Eraqus's scar on his cheek it actually looks more like a tatoo, or a birthmark. (sorta like a dragon) enough being off-topic.

I'm starting to think that he got the scar from someone else then, anyone that's been mentioned so-far. That or it came with the change, after all nobodies don't look the same as their somebodies take Roxas, Xemnas, Xaldin, and Namine for example. Braig's Riku hair cut changed to letting it grow into a long ponytail, so there's no way to tell at this point. (so once again) We'll just have to wait until BBS comes out to get the answer.

Awkward Squid

(ahem) To clarify if you look at Eraqus's scar on his cheek it actually looks more like a tatoo, or a birthmark. (sorta like a dragon) enough being off-topic.

Not really...

091021khbbsnafamitsucom_2.jpg

after all nobodies don't look the same as their somebodies take Roxas, Xemnas, Xaldin, and Namine for example.

The only reason Roxas, Xemnas, and Naminé don't resemble their 'others' is because they're special nobodies. Dilan's apperence only differs because he doesn't have a million dreadlocks, and he didn't sprout those gigantic sideburns yet...

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Even if it is shown in the game, I think they wouldnt show it close up or zoom into Braig's face and show his eye pop out or even showing his damaged eyeball. I think* it would be more likely that for example he gets his eye damaged the camera shows the floor and blood dripping or Xigbar covering his eye when it got damaged basically not showing the actual damaged eye (thats what I think anyway).

I think it's obvious that they're not going to show any kind of closeup on Braig's injuries - it'd be pointlessly graphic. I'd actually be surprised if they show any blood at all. After all, even with the camera pointed elsewhere, maiming a character this badly would probably be hard to get past the censors.

Which brings me to another point: considering how much it would take to get such a dark scene into a Disney game, it'd really need to pull a lot of weight for it to be worthwhile to include. I really don't think that showing the villain's evil is enough to justify it, especially since having the victim be an antagonist would seriously limit the effectiveness of that. And, honestly, I don't think explaining the known animosity between Ven and Xigbar is enough, either.

Terra's the only one, in my opinion, whose character would stand to gain enough from such an event to make a scene out of it. His story seems to be based around his growing ruthlessness and single-minded pursuit of his goals, and doing massive irreparable damage to someone who's in the way has a lot of potential in that context. The implied messiness would make it particularly effective for use as a wake-up call for Terra, for example.

AxelRoxasFan223

Website
www.facebook.com

I think its of old age but who knows lets just wait and see.

Second that.

Possible too.

Even dead peoples hair still grows...

I just knew that..... o_O

I think it's obvious that they're not going to show any kind of closeup on Braig's injuries - it'd be pointlessly graphic. I'd actually be surprised if they show any blood at all. After all, even with the camera pointed elsewhere, maiming a character this badly would probably be hard to get past the censors.

Terra's the only one, in my opinion, whose character would stand to gain enough from such an event to make a scene out of it. His story seems to be based around his growing ruthlessness and single-minded pursuit of his goals, and doing massive irreparable damage to someone who's in the way has a lot of potential in that context. The implied messiness would make it particularly effective for use as a wake-up call for Terra, for example.

Disney.
Frogot about that :| >_>

I agree.
I think out of TAV, Terra would be more likely since he seems like taking in the darkness, well he looks like he has the most darkness than Ven/Aqua anyway :/

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Disney.
Frogot about that :| >_>

It's not necessarily just Disney that would make it difficult. Square-Enix tries to keep their own major games as clean as possible, too. And, of course, there's the ESRB, since getting a too-high rating is something both companies would want to avoid.

*doesn't like it when Disney is blamed for everything*

Dawn Rebirth

Can you say vacay on Radiant Isle, and I'm growing
I agree looks nothing like a birth mark or tatoo (why would he want a tatoo)
To point this out It looks like one in "MY OPINION", secondly I added birth mark because it was more likely and it looks more like a tentacle. (if you look at it a specific perspective) Also I've been thinking Braig is Ansem's apprentice maybe he gave it to him as punishment after all Ansem seems to be stronger than be appears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back