• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Naminé's role in KH III

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
What do you think will happen with Naminé?
On the cover art she is not part of any trio and is sitting alone
XinAWUZ.jpg

What would you like her role to be? Will she likely stay with Kairi or be her own person?

Sephinort

I think she will play a small, but vital role in integrating memories from Sora into the plot line and helping him regain strength and ability, albeit strength from his friends or new powers he discovers

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
She will definitely become her own person along with Xion and Roxas.

As for her role in the game there is one thing. Once she gains her own heart it could be made of pure light like Kairi's, thus making her one of the new PoH.

bagcifreak

Idk why but I feel like she'll die. Maybe she'll sacrifice herself in some situation as thank you to Sora for forgiving her even tho she played a mindtrick on him and his friends.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
You notice how she's aligned with the Birth by Sleep trio, yet underneath the Twilight Town trio? I think that's entirely symbolic of her involvement.

She's already been confirmed to align herself with The Lingering Will (Terra's soul), both of them are working together to help Aqua through the Realm of Darkness.

Who knows, maybe the true revelation of Namine is that she is able to speak with Terra and Aqua because she can connect with those close to Ventus too. It may also explain how Marluxia was made aware of her existence in Castle Oblivion, Lauriam and Ventus knew each other from the distant past.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Wasn’t there a quote in one of the leaflets in Japan that said something like, “If Roxas can come back, so can Namine, right?”

I imagine that was Kairi and part of her journey may be about bringing Namine back. I would like to see them form a strong bond, possibly like sisters if Sora and Roxas are going to be like brothers. I just want to see the women in the series interacting with each other more.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I've been thinking that if we can't have a Kairi tutorial/opening segment, I wouldn't mind playing as Namine for the introduction portion of the game. Something could stir her consciousness within Kairi's heart, and she could be trying to figure out what it is by using her power to connect with other hearts, which could be visually represented by "diving into" the hearts of the various protagonists-- the way I see it in my mind's eye, it would be like a sort of "hallway of hearts" maybe modeled after Castle Oblivion, where she goes through different doorways to reach the inner sanctums of the other characters and investigate the "disturbance in the Force" (so-to-speak).

The segment could end with her being confronted by some Very Big News (which we as the audience may or may not grasp right away) and deciding she needs to get the information out through Kairi, somehow.

I realize this won't happen for all sorts of reasons (Namine doesn't fight and blah) but it would offer the opening of the game something more than, "press this button and that button, tilt the joystick to run" etc.

I really don't want her to be a PoH. I'm tired of the purity narrative that surrounds women in KH. If there's going to be another OC PoH it should be Ven. He fits the role better than Namine.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I've been thinking that if we can't have a Kairi tutorial/opening segment, I wouldn't mind playing as Namine for the introduction portion of the game. Something could stir her consciousness within Kairi's heart, and she could be trying to figure out what it is by using her power to connect with other hearts, which could be visually represented by "diving into" the hearts of the various protagonists-- the way I see it in my mind's eye, it would be like a sort of "hallway of hearts" maybe modeled after Castle Oblivion, where she goes through different doorways to reach the inner sanctums of the other characters and investigate the "disturbance in the Force" (so-to-speak).

The segment could end with her being confronted by some Very Big News (which we as the audience may or may not grasp right away) and deciding she needs to get the information out through Kairi, somehow.

I realize this won't happen for all sorts of reasons (Namine doesn't fight and blah) but it would offer the opening of the game something more than, "press this button and that button, tilt the joystick to run" etc.

I really don't want her to be a PoH. I'm tired of the purity narrative that surrounds women in KH. If there's going to be another OC PoH it should be Ven. He fits the role better than Namine.
All of the new pure hearts are confirmed to be female though. If one of the new princess' is an OC chances are it will be Namine

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

That’s a really cool idea. Reminds me a bit of Ventus running through the hallways in the BBS opening. It could even serve as a similar function to KH2’s prologue where it recapped the series events with Sora’s memory restoration. Only this time it would be Namine making her way through these rooms that give her insight on the important events for each character, which can set up where they are now in the KH universe. It’d be less of a plot recap like KH2 and more of a way to establish the characters for newcomers or people who might be hazy on how they all connect to each other.

I’d be all for seeing Namine wielding the Dream Sword if the traditional weapon choice is part of the deal too. Lol

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
All of the new pure hearts are confirmed to be female though. If one of the new princess' is an OC chances are it will be Namine
Which would be silly, because the whole thematic payoff to Namine becoming her own person is that she's not a copy of Kairi, her memories and her heart are her own. If her only relevance to the story is that she's just like Kairi, it defeats the purpose.

I also don't see any reason why her connection to Kairi imbues her with the qualities proper to becoming a PoH. For Nobodies (and other beings born without hearts), hearts are formed based on the memories and intentions of the individual as they develop a consciousness. This is the basic thesis of Days as far as the lore is concerned. Namine would have a heart structured around her experiences, not her point of origin.

That’s a really cool idea. Reminds me a bit of Ventus running through the hallways in the BBS opening. It could even serve as a similar function to KH2’s prologue where it recapped the series events with Sora’s memory restoration. Only this time it would be Namine making her way through these rooms that give her insight on the important events for each character, which can set up where they are now in the KH universe. It’d be less of a plot recap like KH2 and more of a way to establish the characters for newcomers or people who might be hazy on how they all connect to each other.

I’d be all for seeing Namine wielding the Dream Sword if the traditional weapon choice is part of the deal too. Lol
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. It would be an in-game method of recapping and summarizing events, while also providing additional information and context, so every player would have something to gain from it. Also I just want that cryptic, enchanting KH1 feeling for the introduction to KH3. Before the plot hijinks and bad guy exposition starts up.

Oh yeah, she could totally borrow one of those weapons from Sora for a minute. That's a good idea. Namine with the Dream Staff seems very appropriate.

Foxycian

Awards
she better learned how to draw by now cause she draws like a 2 year old XD (ironically she was just borned recently)

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I can see her going to Destiny Islands along with Repliku. Otherwise, I've always thought she would fit well at Mysterious Tower with Yensid for future "information dump" scenes.

Oh, sorry, as for what will happen with her within the story of KH3, I’m guessing very little since this series sidelines anyone and everyone who doesn’t hold a Keyblade (stupidly, imo). Although I like to imagine a scenario of Namine getting her own Keyblade (handed to her out of the blue by Lea, lol why not) and coming back to beat the ever-lovin' bejeesus out of Larxene.

Last edited:

PARACOSMIC-M

My imaginary magic fishpond in the back yard
I agree with Alexis and Zip, Nami needs some time to shine, and not as a PoH. I wish they would have her power over memories and connections to hearts be her way of fighting, like in CoM when she shattered replica Riku's heart. I mean, why has that never been spoken of since?

Last edited:

Zerkania

Awards
I hope Namine does play a big role in 3, and with the new 7 lights it would make a lot of sense for her to be a Princess of Heart. Also if Roxas ever gets norted, she might be the one to help bring him back kinda like how Kairi saved Sora when he turned into a heartless in KH1. Would be a cool throwback.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I agree with Alexis and Zip, Nami needs some time to shine, and not as a PoH. I wish they would have her power over memories and connections to hearts be her way of fighting, like in CoM when she shattered replica Riku's heart. I mean, why has that never been spoken of since?
Plot twist: the way the True Organization is defeated is that Sora allows MX to implant a piece of his heart within Sora. Since MX and Sora are now directly connected, Namine snaps her fingers and decouples the chain of memories of all the True Organization members, bringing them completely under her power. Sora and the other GoL pass around sea salt ice cream and play charades with MX and his goons performing different animal stunts.

Namine is actually a pretty massive plot hole when you think about it.

PARACOSMIC-M

My imaginary magic fishpond in the back yard
Plot twist: the way the True Organization is defeated is that Sora allows MX to implant a piece of his heart within Sora. Since MX and Sora are now directly connected, Namine snaps her fingers and decouples the chain of memories of all the True Organization members, bringing them completely under her power. Sora and the other GoL pass around sea salt ice cream and play charades with MX and his goons performing different animal stunts.

Namine is actually a pretty massive plot hole when you think about it.

First of all: OMG SOMEONE ACTUALLY REPLIED TO SOMETHING I SAID!! THANK YOUUUU!!!

Second: That is a beautiful dream you've created right there lol. But yeah, reading the manga I just always thought, If I was Namine I would've seriously destroyed these jerks' hearts a long~ time ago. Andnow I realize that there was no good reason she couldn't do that, and it slightly ruins my childhood. I just feel like she had the potential to be a really interesting female character, but even though she could've defended herself and had her own journey just fine, this whole aspect of her character was cut so she could be some damsel in distress. I really hope they treat her well from here on out, this whole cast has so much untapped potential.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I actually really love the idea of Namine, with her powers, playing a crucial role in destroying the Organization -- especially given that they now have hearts, and those hearts are connected to Sora. Perhaps the villains have a lot of strength surrounding their hearts and Sora has to weaken them physically in battle, so that Namine can then deliver the fatal blow. I'd really love that.

Or maybe she could get an all white keyblade and she could channel her powers through that to break the Organization's hearts like she did with Repliku. There's so much potential there but I kind of get the feeling they're going to majorly side-line her in this game. Sigh.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
I just feel like she had the potential to be a really interesting female character, but even though she could've defended herself and had her own journey just fine, this whole aspect of her character was cut so she could be some damsel in distress. I really hope they treat her well from here on out, this whole cast has so much untapped potential.
This happens to all the women in KH eventually, and the trend doesn't appear to be ending with KH3. I'm sick of it, too.

I actually really love the idea of Namine, with her powers, playing a crucial role in destroying the Organization -- especially given that they now have hearts, and those hearts are connected to Sora. Perhaps the villains have a lot of strength surrounding their hearts and Sora has to weaken them physically in battle, so that Namine can then deliver the fatal blow. I'd really love that.

Or maybe she could get an all white keyblade and she could channel her powers through that to break the Organization's hearts like she did with Repliku. There's so much potential there but I kind of get the feeling they're going to majorly side-line her in this game. Sigh.
In all seriousness, both CoM and Days established that it's not as easy for Namine to tinker with the memories of other people as a flick of the wrist; she has the power to do so in name, but there are all kinds of external variables that can influence the outcome of her efforts, making the whole process somewhat volatile and prone to disruption. That nuance only makes her and her abilities more interesting and rife with dramatic potential though: imagine a scenario where Namine is considering using her powers to help the GoL but she knows it's like playing with fire, and she and everyone else have to contemplate whether or not to take the risk, and ultimately Namine has to reach a place of confidence and clarity within herself and find her purpose. Anything could happen from there, and that's just one possibility.

I think her ability to connect hearts will definitely be one key within the whole solution of how to return characters like Xion and even Terra, who may be buried so deep it's hard to know where to begin. But I'd love to see some stakes added to that: her abilities have been used against Sora and co. before, after all, and MX is well aware of the vulnerabilities inherent to them. He may be counting on it; he may be laying a trap. Who knows?

It would be gratifying to see her wreck Marluxia, though.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
I want Namine to end up getting powers similar to Relm, and then she can use her drawings to do some cool stuff in the final battle.

Buuuuut that probably won't happen considering I doubt they would be willing to give Namine essentially a mythical super power for no explainable reason just to be a FF6 reference.

Back