• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New V Jump Scan + Another World Confirmed for Days

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Thank goodness! I much prefer Neverland to Port Royal. Plus, we get to go off the boat. I love Neverland. Well, really, I just love Peter. But it all works out.

AND, Belle, Jasmine, Lumiere, and Cogsworth. :D

You're saying you like the KH1 Neverland more than the KH2 Port Royal?

In Port Royal you actually went places important to the movie, like Isla de Muerta.
In Neverland... well. 99% of it was on Hook's ship.

Not to mention how the plot just barely mimicked the movie. In fact, the conflict between Riku and Sora on Hook's ship was a hell of a lot more interesting than the original plot. Hook didn't even have his crew on the ship. Overall, it was probably the worst KH1 (if not the worst period) world.

Go watch Peter Pan please and tell me how much of it was spent on Hook's ship. Next to nothing.
It would be like the POTC world only occurring on the Black Pearl. Not to mention how flying in and around the ship was really a useless feature. Could have actually used it for exploring Neverland.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Finally they put the actual island in the game. I hope Marluxia or Zexion goes with Roxas to Neverland.

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
You're saying you like the KH1 Neverland more than the KH2 Port Royal?

In Port Royal you actually went places important to the movie, like Isla de Muerta.
In Neverland... well. 99% of it was on Hook's ship.

Not to mention how the plot just barely mimicked the movie. In fact, the conflict between Riku and Sora on Hook's ship was a hell of a lot more interesting than the original plot. Hook didn't even have his crew on the ship. Overall, it was probably the worst KH1 (if not the worst period) world.

Go watch Peter Pan please and tell me how much of it was spent on Hook's ship. Next to nothing.
It would be like the POTC world only occurring on the Black Pearl. Not to mention how flying in and around the ship was really a useless feature. Could have actually used it for exploring Neverland.

Actually, that's exactly why I loved Neverland in KH1. It had the familiar backdrop of Hook's ship and his feud with Peter Pan, but the story itself was tied to the overall story. I would say that this is how Port Royal should have been (albeit with the familiar locations outside the ship) but in a way it was, when you go back and fight Luxord's Grim Reaper. I really liked seeing my favorite characters from Pirates of the Caribbean interacting with Organization XIII and actually getting involved in the main plot.

Idk, I personally prefer when the world's story doesn't excessively follow the plot from the movie, which I've already seen countless times, and has the characters following the unique plot of Kingdom Hearts. A few shout-outs to the original story are fine (like Aladdin wanting to be a prince) but not word-for-word (i.e. The Lion King).

Awards
Actually, that's exactly why I loved Neverland in KH1. It had the familiar backdrop of Hook's ship and his feud with Peter Pan, but the story itself was tied to the overall story. I would say that this is how Port Royal should have been (albeit with the familiar locations outside the ship) but in a way it was, when you go back and fight Luxord's Grim Reaper. I really liked seeing my favorite characters from Pirates of the Caribbean interacting with Organization XIII and actually getting involved in the main plot.

Idk, I personally prefer when the world's story doesn't excessively follow the plot from the movie, which I've already seen countless times, and has the characters following the unique plot of Kingdom Hearts. A few shout-outs to the original story are fine (like Aladdin wanting to be a prince) but not word-for-word (i.e. The Lion King).

I'm not saying it needs to completely copy the movie. That would be impossible. However, there are just some things, such as in the case of Neverland, that should have been incorporated (practically by necessity) in order for the Disney worlds to at least remotely reflect their movie counterparts. And Neverland fails in that respect. I hardly felt any nostalgia in that world whatsoever. You might think that Hook's ship is a "familiar backdrop," but in actuality... I think we only see Hook below deck... maybe in one scene of the entire Peter Pan movie. They turned an insignificant setting into the main setting.

The conflict between Sora and Riku is good, yes, but I don't consider that a part of the Neverland plot, but the overall Kingdom Hearts plot. Take that conflict away and you'll find that the Neverland story (the original aspects of the story that they incorporated into the game) is at best mediocre.

In the game's defense, you may say that Kingdom Hearts is Sora's story and that, if Disney worlds are missing important pieces, it doesn't matter because it's about Sora, not them. You're, in part, correct. But just because the overall story is about Sora does not mean that they can just ignore the limelight of the Disney characters. It's a Disney game. One that's supposed to invoke nostalgia. Kingdom Hearts is Sora's story, but it's weaved together with other individual stories. Just because Neverland is in KH does not make it Sora's story. He can interact, obviously, but as an aid in progressing what should be Peter Pan's story.

A

Audo

Cool beans, you have terrible taste.
According to you, that is.
It's all relative. What I think might make a fun world may not be the same for you, as such, no one truly has a "better" taste than someone else, their tastes are just different.

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
Personally, I hope its Vexen. He might get all intruiged by Peters shadow business, and make a clone of Captain Hook :D

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Cool beans, you have terrible taste.

Port Royal was awful. No exploration, no relation to overall arching plot, crappy copy of the movie. Plus, it's my personal belief that SE should have used some of the more classic animated films before considering PotC.

Neverland may have only had the ship and the tower, but I view that as more of a positive. It gave more to look forward to in other games--Skull Island, the mermaids, etc. I love it when Disney Worlds actually have to do with the Kingdom Hearts plot. Which is why I love most all Disney worlds in KHI.

State

Awards
Port Royal was awful. No exploration, no relation to overall arching plot, crappy copy of the movie. Plus, it's my personal belief that SE should have used some of the more classic animated films before considering PotC.

Neverland may have only had the ship and the tower, but I view that as more of a positive. It gave more to look forward to in other games--Skull Island, the mermaids, etc. I love it when Disney Worlds actually have to do with the Kingdom Hearts plot. Which is why I love most all Disney worlds in KHI.

I have to agree with you with Port Royal being awful in the sense of exploration. It was only a boring old town that had hidden treasures behind breakable walls/crates, the same goes with Isla de Muerta/Muerte, it was kinda boring replaying the same thing, instead, it's a cave.

Awards
No exploration,
Singling POTC out for that is a poor excuse. There was little exploration in any of the KH2 worlds.

no relation to overall arching plot,
Luxord? (Doesn't even matter, though, because as I said, people have this assumption where the more involved a Disney world is in the main storyline, the better it is)

crappy copy of the movie.
Hypocritical. My entire argument was that Neverland is THE crappiest "copy" of its movie counterpart. POTC did a much better job.

It gave more to look forward to in other games--Skull Island, the mermaids, etc. I love it when Disney Worlds actually have to do with the Kingdom Hearts plot. Which is why I love most all Disney worlds in KHI.
Yes, because I'm sure they were intending to save Neverland for a DS game many years later.

The rule for making any good plot, be it in a movie, a book, or a video game, is to never hold back. You don't push things aside for a possible sequel. If it make's the story better, you use it.

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
SE should have used some of the more classic animated films before considering PotC.

This I agree with, though, since we had no way of knowing that Neverland would be in any other games, it wasn't to good

Radon

mofo
does anyone else get the feeling that you wont be going on any missions with the org members from CoM? i hope it isnt the case but theres ony going to be like a week for you to get to know them and then they are all gonna die. i really wish there was a way to have their characters built.

Vice

SF
Awards
Website
www.myspace.com
Is Xemnas gonna go with Roxas to any worlds? Or is he too good for that sort of thing?

Highly doubtful.

Personally, I hope its Vexen. He might get all intruiged by Peters shadow business, and make a clone of Captain Hook :D

Vexen will be too busy in CO

does anyone else get the feeling that you wont be going on any missions with the org members from CoM? i hope it isnt the case but theres ony going to be like a week for you to get to know them and then they are all gonna die. i really wish there was a way to have their characters built.

I agree. Dont think we'll see much of the 6 that went to Co but then again we see alot of Axel but then those can easily happen after Axel returns as the lone survivor of CO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back