• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New VJump scans (Jan 2010 issue) (translated)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Braig's scarf looks cool, I wonder why it is tattered at the end.

Oh, and could you guys stop complaing about small stuff like eyebrows. They seriously don't matter, And as for the whole stress thing, I think it's possible but unlikely. I wonder if Braig's injuries have anything to do with Xigbar's hair...

A

Audo

Yes, i think the excuse of changing by becoming a nobody is a hell of alot more creative than the stress excuse. His hair gets silver streaks when he became a nobody, it's not out of the realm of possibility and neither is the stress excuse. But which one is more likely? Some lame ass real world excuse or an excuse that actually gives some meaning to an in game transformation?
It's honestly quite sad that you think it is "lame ass" for characters to actually experience real and true emotions in this story. Braig clearly goes through something traumatic, why can't that effect him in more ways than simply getting scars? It not affecting him would just be pathetic story telling.

That would be like saying Riku dying in front of Sora's eyes shouldn't effect him because that would be a "lame ass real world excuse" for a character's development.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
1 year of stress is not going to cause anyone to get that much grey in their hair. Sorry but it is impossible, I have never heard of anyone in real life getting that much grey hair over the course of a year due to stress. Lots of Grey hair usualy shows up in people due to stress over the course of years not a year
Hellllooo most Presidents of the United States.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
It's honestly quite sad that you think it is "lame ass" for characters to actually experience real and true emotions in this story. Braig clearly goes through something traumatic, why can't that effect him in more ways than simply getting scars? It not affecting him would just be pathetic story telling.

That would be like saying Riku dying in front of Sora's eyes shouldn't effect him because that would be a "lame ass real world excuse" for a character's development.

Look I have had traumatic experiences in my life, hell I lost people close to me but I didn't get grey hair in a year.

Hellllooo most presidents of the United States.

Sigh...most of them were old when they got in their anyways, so they were probably getting grey hair to begin with. Find someone about 40 years of age like Braig (Only guessing at age) and then give a picture of them a year later with as much grey hair as your saying and then I will believe it.

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
Look I have had traumatic experiences in my life, hell I lost people close to me but I didn't get grey hair in a year.

I doubt you've been put through an experience which caused you to lose your eye. Do you have any idea how painful that would be?

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Sigh...most of them were old when they got in their anyways, so they were probably getting grey hair to begin with. Find someone about 40 years of age like Braig (Only guessing at age) and then give a picture of them a year later with as much grey hair as your saying and then I will believe it.

"I'VE NEVER SEEN IT, THEREFORE IT DOESN'T HAPPEN"

Xango99

Hello Raz, except this game is not comparable to most presidents in the US and there situations >_>

anyone else pissed off that luey duey and huey look the SAME DAMN AGE? and please dont give me that "disney not aging" silly excuse, since Donald and uncle scrooge grew older and were kids before....whats up with Nomura saying that they wull show changes in disney characters ages and yet they have shown NOTHING at all, eveyone looke the same, but atleast soem have excuses, the 3 ducks have no damn excuse, they should have been much older in kh1 then...OR NOT show them in BBS at all.

i suppose, soon we will be seeing Alice as the same young girl again, in this game also, right? >_>

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
If they look exactly the same, then why did you say almost

Because no two pieces of art can be identical.

anyone else pissed off that luey duey and huey look the SAME DAMN AGE? and please dont give me that disney not again silly excuse, since Donald and uncle scrooge grew older and were kids before....

They were old in Timeless River, just drawn differently.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I doubt you've been put through an experience which caused you to lose your eye. Do you have any idea how painful that would be?

Loss of a person and loss of an eye? Yeah i'm going to say losing another human being is more traumatic then losing a body part. Atleast to me it would be, I don't know about the rest of you people.

A

Audo

"I'VE NEVER SEEN IT, THEREFORE IT DOESN'T HAPPEN"
God, I <3 you.

And I'll ask again: Is it so hard to believe that slight hair changes could be the faint changes mentioned in the SAR?
Is it so hard to believe they aren't?

Loss of a person and loss of an eye? Yeah i'm going to say losing another human being is more traumatic then losing a body part. Atleast to me it would be, I don't know about the rest of you people.
Death is a part of life that everyone deals with.
Losing someone's eyesight from a clearly viscous attacking and having to deal with that the rest of their life is not something everyone deals with.

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards

That's not to mention at all the fact that he's a marksman and he's now effectively lost half of his greatest asset. All of a sudden, he's looking through one eye to fire his weapons. No more depth perception, much much more difficult to hit his targets... The stress of rehabilitation, going through training for something he used to be outstandingly impressive with could easily cause quite a lot of stress.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Okay let's just accept the facts, obviously the khinsider community is divided on this subject. Ya got one side saying the physical changes to Braig are due to stress and another saying it is due to him becoming a nobody. Since neither of us can't 100% prove our stance then let's just drop this and wait for some kinda explanation from Nomura if we ever get any.

Because this is just going to go on and on and on with no end in sight until we all get sleepy and go to bed. So let's agree to disagree for now. Agreed?

A

Audo

Okay let's just accept the facts, obviously the khinsider community is divided on this subject. Ya got one side saying the physical changes to Braig are due to stress and another saying it is due to him becoming a nobody. Since neither of us can't 100% prove our stance then let's just drop this and wait for some kinda explanation from Nomura if we ever get any.

Because this is just going to go on and on and on with no end in sight until we all get sleepy and go to bed. So let's agree to disagree for now. Agreed?
Cop out.

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards

You have no idea what you're talking about.

That's not to mention at all the fact that he's a marksman and he's now effectively lost half of his greatest asset. All of a sudden, he's looking through one eye to fire his weapons. No more depth perception, much much more difficult to hit his targets... The stress of rehabilitation, going through training for something he used to be outstandingly impressive with could easily cause quite a lot of stress.

This brings up a great point.

But it's entertaining.

Erauqs

I was just about to say something similar to this.

Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back