• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Nomura Discusses Demo Feedback, Sora, and the Final Battle with Game Informer

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megavoltage

Awards
Im scared for him. If he does some stupid sacrifice to save Sora or some shit I will eat my shoes. :/
Buddy, I'll eat my entire shoe, boot, slipper and sandal collection if that happens. So tired of characters fading away. Namine, Roxas, Xion, Terra, Aqua, Ventus. It keeps happening. I want them to actually interact with each other and have adventures. We just went through several games of just getting ready for their return. For any of them to just instantly fade away again after all that... ugh.

horto12485

Awards
No need to fear, Nomura has said KH3’s level system is like KH1/2’s, which had abilities unlock at levels.

So wait what happened to the Abilities that Party Members back in KH1/2 used to had do we know if the Abilities from KH1/2 are going to make a Comeback or not? (You know Treasure Magnet, Jackpot, MP Haste, Second Chance, Leaf Bracer, All Combo Plus)?

shady543

Awards
Buddy, I'll eat my entire shoe, boot, slipper and sandal collection if that happens. So tired of characters fading away. Namine, Roxas, Xion, Terra, Aqua, Ventus. It keeps happening. I want them to actually interact with each other and have adventures. We just went through several games of just getting ready for their return. For any of them to just instantly fade away again after all that... ugh.

It actually kind of bothers me that it's all my favourites that seem to have the highest death flag; Roxas, Riku and Vanitas :'(
Sora is definitely safe from kicking the bucket because he's confirmed to still be the main character after KH3 (thank god) and I really can't see Namine dying ether (also a huge yes), but I'm very unsure about the rest.

I honestly hope they all live though. The only one who I wouldn't mind not coming back is Xion lol, and maybe Terra.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't want to sound whiny, but I know early in KH2's life people had issues with Finishing moves, did anybody confirm if that's staying? I don't think BBS or DDD had that kind of system, I remember killing many bosses starting a combo, but I'd prefer not to have to pull off finishers. There are many moments in KH 2 where I had all my combo pluses on and enemies would keep hitting revenge value before I pulled off a finisher (before I realized a lot of magic counts as a finisher even as a first cast) like the Hyenas and Pete. Now that I've learned more from Level 1 strategies it's not an issue, but it'd be nice to know. I'm guessing we'll get set abilities from bosses and important battles as well? I think there was a term for them like event battles or whatever, when you see the panning camera and when you finish the screen does the boss flash/boom/slow mo.

I distinctly remember defeating the Rock Titan during the Premiere Event in the middle of a combo. I messed up using the attraction flow so I had to chip away at the health that was left. I believe when I fought Mysterious Onyx, I also was mid combo and not using a finisher.

cakito123

Awards
When he talks about something he always eantwd to make since FF, but never had the possibility of doing, I start thinking about consoles limitations in the past.

I think the last battle will be massive in one way or another. Like, all keyblade-characters being playable without a loading screen, or Sora having RAX TAV and Kairi and riku as party members all at once. Maybe an enormous arena where all kinds of heartless and bosses come together to fight the guardians of light.

I mean, the closest we ever had from a war was at KHII's hollow bastion. And playing the game today we can realize that the game doesnt have all of those heartless in real time. There is indeed some technological trickery in that battle due to console's limitations.

But a war in a PS4/XoneX would certainly be much better. And possible.

Last edited:

Leaferian

Awards
Part of me just keeps thinking back to the end of KH1... The World Terminus let you go into a small room based on each world. I just can't help but wonder if that final area will be a fight that jumps around between worlds, since Kingdom Hearts is a door that connects to every world. Nomura did something similar in KH2 with the Pete fight that switched between rooms in Timeless River. A war-scale battle that takes place throughout the worlds perhaps?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I think the only thing that can top Aqua getting Norted is Sora getting Norted. He's the messiah who everyone revolves around then BAM he gets Norted and is the true final boss battle.

Plot-twist: Xehanort uses Sora as his ultimate vessel, Riku fights Soranort in order to weaken Xehanort's control over him, and the final battle is inside Sora's Station of Awakening, where his finisher will be using all of the hearts he has been connected to.

shady543

Awards
But if you changed Riku to Roxas its litterally like the battle in kh2 but the other way around :'(

Actually I like the idea of the final battle being in Sora's station of awakening

redcrown

Awards
Plot-twist: Xehanort uses Sora as his ultimate vessel, Riku fights Soranort in order to weaken Xehanort's control over him, and the final battle is inside Sora's Station of Awakening, where his finisher will be using all of the hearts he has been connected to.

So it would pretty much be the same as fighting Riku-Ansem in KH1 except flipped, with the DDD final battle with the dark Ventus armor after?

Last edited:

shady543

Awards
the best final boss battle would clearly be set in sora's house. that dinner has just been sitting there and needs closure

ImVentus

Awards
I sorta get what Nomura and his team had in mind, but to be completely honest. I think it should be a main priority to have feedback in mind from the very start once you let out demos for people to play. It builds some trust between the admirers of the series and the creators. Trust that will help their project be more successful.

So Sora is going to go through some rough times? Just as I sorta could predict from earlier interviews. A balance between the fun and the more serious tone. Then again how serious it will be, depends. Just don't let Sora be out of character like he was when he sorta bullied Demyx in 2. Nah! what am I worried about. Surely they wouldn't do something like that again.
(Remembers Sora calling Luxord a creep) Oh!.... right.

This final battle is sounding more like it's going to be gigantic and probably also very proactive. What if it was a world that was constantly moving?

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
When he talks about something he always eantwd to make since FF, but never had the possibility of doing, I start thinking about consoles limitations in the past.

I think the last battle will be massive in one way or another. Like, all keyblade-characters being playable without a loading screen, or Sora having RAX TAV and Kairi and riku as party members all at once. Maybe an enormous arena where all kinds of heartless and bosses come together to fight the guardians of light.

I mean, the closest we ever had from a war was at KHII's hollow bastion. And playing the game today we can realize that the game doesnt have all of those heartless in real time. There is indeed some technological trickery in that battle due to console's limitations.

But a war in a PS4/XoneX would certainly be much better. And possible.

I'm probably off the mark here, but this is all making me think back to one of the more infamous things cut out from the final boss battle of KH2...

830px-king.jpeg

I swear, if Nomura and Co. were able to bring this fight back in... whew. Granted, I'm sure if that were to happen, there'd be some pretty distinctive redesigns.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I'm probably off the mark here, but this is all making me think back to one of the more infamous things cut out from the final boss battle of KH2...

830px-king.jpeg

I swear, if Nomura and Co. were able to bring this fight back in... whew. Granted, I'm sure if that were to happen, there'd be some pretty distinctive redesigns.

That cut thing "sorta" lives on with Xemnas' Dragon. They're both born from the City that Never Was. But with how chimera-ish the King looks in that scan, and how a chimera is similar to Xehanort's nature, I wouldn't put it past Nomura to make World of Xehanort (Xehaworld, lol) something akin to a minotaur/chimera.

shady543

Awards
I've been looking back on the scenes in COM, since that's the game where Sora 'loses it' the most. But like has Sora ever really been "in despair?" He has gotten angry, but I don't think he ever got to that point? 'Being on the edge of despair' are really big words and can mean different emotions and I'm getting concerned now on what Nomura is planning. >.>

Is it bad that I'm caring more about this than the final battle lol.

830px-king.jpeg

Those designs look really cool. It would be amazing to see those back in. Gah the curiosity and all this info that Nomura is giving away is so intriguing.

road/2/dawn

It would be cool if the fight was somewhere on the destiny islands. So the Xehanornt arc would end where it all began.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back