• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Official Shipping Discussion | ships ahoy | sharing is caring: fan creations (fic, art, etc.)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
VaniKai has lots of potential imo. I feel like they'd ground each other if that makes sense, but again, not in a VaniKai mood right now for some reason 😭. The Romeo and Juliet thing is true though and I might work on a fic?? 👀 But one thing I hate about VaniKai fics (and just Vanitas fics in general) is when they depict the guy as this predatory manipulator. Like he's an asshole, no denying that, but it doesn't make sense to depict him as the "bad boy" stereotype.

KairiTheMang0

Awards
I prefer fics where Vanitas is an asshole but deep down has a heart of gold. I like to think he cares but because of how he was raised believing pure darkness means you’re just a terrible person he’s had to hide the fact that he does actually care what people think of him and is probably pretty lonely. This goes hand in hand with my person headcanon for Kairi that’s she’s really really insecure when it comes to her fighting ability and doesn’t just want to be Sora and Riku’s cheerleader. I think I just talked myself into liking VanKai actually 😭😭😭

Awards
I think I did too wtf??? 😭😭 VaniKai does that to you, I guess.

But there actually is a VaniKai fic I read that I really enjoyed and especially because of the characterization of Kairi and Vanitas. It's always a fic I come back to when I'm in a big VaniKai mood and I think what you described is sorta how Vanitas is in this fic. It's basically a post finding Sora fic (but this was before KH4 trailer dropped I believe) and Kairi and Vanitas do stuff together. I can send the link if you'd like; I might even re-read it myself again.

Awards
Basically all of the Vanitas ships I ship now. I used to be an anti-Vanitas-shipper but I've gotten over that; Vaniku, Vanipliku, and Namitas have a special place in my heart.

But also Namiku/RikuNami and MarLar. I used to be really heavy on my gay Riku/Marluxia/Larxene headcanons but I came to like the dynamics between the ships I listed.

Awards
Everyone is entitled to their headcanons so long as they're not problematic.

SoXi is cute. (I'm assuming you mean Sora and Xion?) They definitely have some potential and I can see some of the appeal in it.

KairiTheMang0

Awards
Frankly most characters in KH should have more interactions. Riku and Kairi, Naminé and Riku, Roxas and Naminé, Roxas and Sora, Sora and Xion, Terra and Riku, Sora and Ventus, Ventus and Roxas, and so so many more. That’s the problem with such a big cast, we don’t get everyone’s interactions. Like Ventus and Roxas! How were neither of them freaked out when they realized they basically had an identical twin????

Awards
Exactly! I'm sure so many other people have said this but that's the problem with trios and just "designated groups" for characters to "belong to", especially for series like Kingdom Hearts with such a wide cast of characters, because those "designated groups" limit character interactions vastly.

Another thing I wanna mention is how even though the BBS trio and Sea Salt trio seem like, well, trios; the destiny trio (or Sora, Riku, Kairi) aren't really a full fledged trio, at least not for the last few games. It's always been a duo and a third wheel, whether that's Sora/Riku with Kairi third wheeling or Kairi/Sora with Riku third wheeling. But I think that just comes with the problem of Riku and Kairi not being a full fledged duo.

They have small interactions here and there, which are fun to watch when we get them, but they're definitely not as impactful as Sora/Kairi or Sora/Riku moments. Which sucks, because they banter off of each other so nicely when we do see them together. But that's just a Kairi problem in general; not having interactions outside of with Sora and when she does, they're almost always *about* Sora.

KairiTheMang0

Awards
Poor poor Kairi, she’s stuck with one person and no one else. Even when she was with Lea they had very few scenes together. I hope that they don’t shove her and Aqua to the side now that they’re training together, I want to see them actually do something! Maybe at one point we’ll get a Kairi game that’s ya know… an actual game where you play as Kairi for more than 5 minutes.

The Kairi problem is a discussion for another thread though.

Maybe KH4 will change things around and we’ll see more characters interact. I’d love to see Lea and Isa talk to Ventus again, that would be great to see.

Awards
Lea, Isa, and Ventus would be awesome to see not gonna lie.

I'd also love to see Naminé and Riku making a comeback but I'm doubtful since Riku's in Quadratum now... If not them, then Naminé and Roxas.

But for all-new interactions, I'd love to see Naminé and Ventus, Roxas and Ventus, Aqua and Lea, Aqua and Elrena (if she does come back recompleted), and much more.

KairiTheMang0

Awards
That’s the thing with KH, there are SO MANY CHARACTERS and not enough time to see them all interact. I mean the sea salt and wayfinder trios only got one scene all together in kh3 because they were all busy doing other things and there was so much going on in that game already. And there’s really no way to fix it because let’s be real, now that we’re in this new arc we won’t be seeing all of our old favorite characters as much anymore.

Awards
Yeah, as much as I hate to admit it, that is true. But hey, that's what fanfic is for, right?

But that's why I prefer stories that are more character driven than plot driven, if that makes sense. But this is Kingdom Hearts and the series is well known for its large plot and lore, so that's never gonna happen.

It sucks especially for characters like Kairi, Naminé, Roxas, Xion and such who haven't really had a big role to play in the more recent games.

KairiTheMang0

Awards
Yeah, it’s sad that that’s how things end up working out in a big series like this, but I guess that’s the fate of a big series like KH. Oh well, I’m fine with it. I like all the new characters and I’ve got fanfic to take in all of the old favorites.

But back to shipping! Do you have any favorite fics for some of your favorite ships? I’ve been looking to read some new stuff recently.

Back