• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

OMG VIDEO OF THE YEAR RIGHT HERE

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

dr.korytco

@ dr. korytco

Look no one here is condoning a man hitting a woman just because he feels like it. I think most guys here can agree that's wrong, but if a man didn't do anything wrong, and a woman hits him upside the head or whatever. Then in my eyes that's a grounds to get a beat down.

Also I do agree just because you getting cussed out you shouldn't hit people either, and like I said many pages ago if you're twice a woman's size and she hits you. Then yeah hitting back probably wouldn't be the best option. That's why I suggested holding her down till police arrive, or someone gets her off the bus.

Ok, I'm sorry. Thank you for your response. I don't know. I guess all I could see coming out of this was a bunch of drunk guys my age going home and beating down their wife because she told them to stop drinking. That sort of thing. I just don't want to cross those lines. It's hard for me to physically, mentally cross that line. Thank you for your mature response. I'll go study for my midterm.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
A patriarchal society that shames the shit out of a man if he dares to lay even a finger on a woman in an act of "aggression".

There was a domestic violence campaign in Australia when I was a kid that was pumped out for years. To this day I still hear from people "Violence against women: Australia says no!". The flipside of this being that no one is concerned about violence against men.

While I can't speak for your own nation, the fact of the matter is where I live (more like NA in general) violence against women is a huge issue and comparing it to violence against men is simply false equivalence. Does it deserve attention as well? Certainly. Is it as big an issue? I haven't read the statistics for Australia so I can't say but I'm going to guess no. The irony is that a "women weak, men strong" mentality actually contributes to domestic violence where men are the victims (I'd use the word survivor but unfortunately, not all do) being ignored. Widespread patriarchy ultimately ends up hurting men, too.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
That's another thing. Throwing her out the bus would be one thing . But going mortal kombat on her wasn't just bad for that situation but society as a whole. No one should upper cut a woman... unless she is freaking ripped and it's necessary.

One enraged buss driver does not represent society as a whole, nor does he effect it in any way. And creating the stipulation that it's ok to hit a woman if she's muscular (and therefore masculine) is a dumb double standard.

I don't advocate abuse, and I normally don't advocate violence (sometimes it's the only answer), but I do advocate equality. And not this selective equality bullshit. "Anything you can do, I can do better (except handle physical repercussions for my actions omg I can't believe you would ever lay your hands on me you're such a monster)" is NOT how the song goes.

If this was a video about a man uppercutting another man, this video wouldn't have NEARLY as much controversy. And the man who got punched most certainly wouldn't have been interviewed by Fox News. There would be a collective acceptance that he got what he deserved for mouthing off, and he needs to suck it up and get over it because that's what is expected of men. I know this, because that's exactly what already happened.

Saying that woman didn't deserve to be hit because she's a woman is not equality. Ulti's argument that he shouldn't have done it because he's a civil servicemen is perfectly legit, though. But I still can't blame the man for his actions, excessive as they may be.

Last edited:

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
While I can't speak for your own nation, the fact of the matter is where I live (more like NA in general) violence against women is a huge issue and comparing it to violence against men is simply false equivalence. Does it deserve attention as well? Certainly. Is it as big an issue? I haven't read the statistics for Australia so I can't say but I'm going to guess no.
Are you kidding me? Are you honestly saying that violence against women is a more prevalent issue that violence against men? Look up the statistics on assaults, battery, GBH, and murder. Men are significantly higher at risk than women. Women are more likely to become victims of domestic violence, sure. But women only account for one quarter of victims of violence.

The message should never have been "Violence against women: Australia says no!". It should have been "Violence. Period. Australia says no!"

The irony is that a "women weak, men strong" mentality actually contributes to domestic violence where men are the victims (I'd use the word survivor but unfortunately, not all do) being ignored. Widespread patriarchy ultimately ends up hurting men, too.
Feminism hasn't helped it either.

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
Violence in general shouldn't be allowed, but I have to say, this bitch deserved it like no other. Of course, society is going to point fingers and blame him for essentially doing the right thing, but honestly she had it coming (karma).

This is why I say there is no such thing as gender equality. It just isn't going to happen. Society is too dug into its own thing and people are too close-minded. 'Women are weak, men are strong'--that's not just what we think, it's what's been driven into our head for ages. Because lord forbid if it was the other way around people would be praising the bitch to high heaven and back. Those so-called 'feminists' end up being straw feminists where all they do is put down men just because. No reason, just because. REAL feminists will hold women up to the level of men and not degrade them, only encouraging women everywhere to stand up and speak out against unfairness and so on and so forth.

But until then, women will always be weak and praised for beating a man, while the men will get laughed and mocked for being weak and be chastised for daring to even think of giving a bitch what she needed. Uppercut was EPIC btw. <3

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
I'm actually pleasantly surprised to see so many people recognize that we practice selective equality. Even as a child, I didn't understand why it was stressed that boys and girls were equal…but that if a girl was whooping my ass, I couldn't really do anything about it. My dad actually taught me differently, and told me I was to give a girl just one warning in a situation such as this.

THE GAME

why are we all arguing about equality? let's all calm down and talk about how cash that uppercut was ok

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards
skip to 1:18 this is exactly what i said when that bitch got uppercutted.
[video=youtube;jq0FlRVClNw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq0FlRVClNw[/video]

Zul

Awards
Toasty_mk3.JPG

Toasty!

In any case though, the response video interviewing the woman just made my head shake at "a man shouldn't hit a woman that hard". No one should be hitting anyone in that situation.

The thought that right now, there are a mass of people pointing to the guy as this evil monster, completely ignoring what the woman did sickens me.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
I'm actually pleasantly surprised to see so many people recognize that we practice selective equality. Even as a child, I didn't understand why it was stressed that boys and girls were equal…but that if a girl was whooping my ass, I couldn't really do anything about it. My dad actually taught me differently, and told me I was to give a girl just one warning in a situation such as this.

That's pretty much how it should be although I still have my limits. I don't like the selective equality thing myself especially down here where I'm at. It's kind of hard to say you're equal to me or even some guys cause they act a certain way(ignorant, arrogant, plain stupid etc. etc.)

Plus although I may be straying off topic a bit the way some women dress it does not help your cause I'll put it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back