• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► Orange is the New Black

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandymint

Awards
I just finished season four. I honestly don't think any show has ever affected me this much. Not to mention that last shot...

the fuck have i done to myself guys

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
this season was very good. it had it's shortcomings.

then the last two episodes completely made me forget about them all. this show is so fucking fantastic.

Awards
I think this season was miles better than season 3, and probably only possibly behind season 2 as far as overall quality of the seasons so far. Reasoning explained below. (Spoiler alert)

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to get it all out there. :)

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I got spoiled but I absolutely agree that this season is so much better than 3. I actually gave up on the series midway through 3.

EchoFringe49

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I have been seeing a lot of criticism of the ending, both in how it apes Black Lives Matters and mishandles the themes and issues, and the fact that they killed off a prominent lesbian character (especially in a wider television season filled with the death of lesbian characters).

Some links, for anyone curious:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

The show has also garnered criticism due to their writer's room for this season having literally no writers of colour, which is pretty bad for any show, but especially egregious for a show that is so focused on the stories of marginalized folk.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
The writers issue is a pretty legit concern. Wild that you can have a show about so many women of color and not have one writer on the team who can possibly contribute to the points of view of all those characters. Especially given the sensitive nature of what happened in the penultimate episode of the season.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
what's good about this show is, the people in it are realistic portrayals. they're not written characters (well they are but i hope you catch my drift).

there are layers and complications to everyone, some have their own motivations, they have disabilities and afflictions, and the cast is truly diverse.

the point i'm making is that, a few times through the show i felt the same way you do now. but i warmed up to some, felt bad for others and understood their motivations.

you're telling me you didn't like rosa tho?

I get what you're saying, and I can really appreciate the realism the characters bring to the show, but there's just a fine line with such a realistic cast and still trying to make characters relateable. I can't really think of any characters off the top of my head that I made a connection with, something I usually do within the first few episodes of a show. A good example I think is the show Bloodline. Every character on that show can be pretty despicable at times, but there are a couple that I root for and enjoy to watch, I instantly had a soft spot for Danny. The tagline of the show is literally "We aren't bad people, but we did a bad thing." I felt that show did a much better job in the writing of showing that kind of human complexity.

And no, I didn't dislike Rosa, but it's also not a thing where I tuned in specifically for her or anything.

It's so hard to try and explain how I feel about this show. I don't hate it, if I did it would be easy enough to just not watch it.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Those last couple of episodes were really hard to watch. :c

She was probably my favorite character and it just... eh...

#2016istheyearofdeadlesbians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back