• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Overwhelmed/Nervous About KHIII

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lea

Awards
Website
joshtominus.com
Am I the only one who's extremely nervous about how KHIII will turn out? I've been thinking a lot about KHIII lately, and I've just now realized how nervous I am about the outcome of the game. It's no so much because I doubt that Square Enix can make a good game, it's more because of the huge technological leap they're going to be taking since KHII. Even with the portable titles, they haven't worked on anything for the KH series with greater power than a PS2 (Don't quote me on this though, I may be wrong. I don't believe that any of the portable systems are greater technologically than the PS2, but then again I don't know that much about the technology behind consoles.). They're completely skipping a whole generation and working with current gen technology.

This makes me nervous because I feel as if Square will really wanna show off how capable they are with the casual fans and show that they can make huge maps and a bunch of NPCs in the game and just a whole bunch of other additions. I feel that they will be making these huge open worlds and it will feel like a totally different universe than the one we've come to know and love all these years.

I'm not against Square breaking a little tradition and including a bunch of NPCs and big open world maps, but I don't know if KHIII is the time to experiment with such dramatic changes mostly because this will bring closure to the Xehanort saga for some, and close to the whole Kingdom Hearts series for some as well. I think adding open worlds and NPCs is a great idea and I'm open to any other additions, but I just hope that it doesn't drastically change the size of the maps and the amount of NPCs etc.

Am I the only one who feels this way? I could be a bit misguided with some of the stuff I said here because again I don't know much about the technology changes since the PS2, but I would like to see some opinions on SE making the change from a PS2 to a PS4.

Noel

Awards
I'm not necessarily worried, but their is indeed a HUGE burden uve' expectations on Testuya's shoulders right now. Although, like I said i'm not to worried. Has there ever been a terrible Kingdom Hearts game?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Nope, I`m not nervous in the least.

I`m actually really looking forward to what the worlds will be like with the PS4 technology. I`m hoping the will be bigger and more immersive then they have been for the past seven games.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I'm not nervous. Not at the moment anyway. But I'm a little worried on how the characters might look.
358/2 Days. (Story aside, gameplay was awful. This is just my opinion though.)
Yeah, I'm not a fan of the gameplay either. The Panel System was rather...badly done.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
At first I was worried that the cutscenes would probably end up looking boring with zero dynamic shots and intricate camera movements, but then I remembered Nozue is damn good at his job and stopped worrying about it because the only reason past games had less dynamic scenes was because of the tech limitations of the old consoles.

But no, I'm not worried. Open maps would be fantastic for Kingdom Hearts. KH3D had fairly big maps per area, and with the PS4 we could eliminate the need for areas altogether and each world can have its own open map (which can be daunting if not planned out properly). NPCs have been a big issue in past games, so the more the merrier. The worlds don't need to be bustling with people, but there SHOULD be enough of them to give a sense of life to a world.

None of these things would be "breaking tradition" but actually taking advantage of the technology available to them and improving on what they can do with games because they couldn't before. This is a natural evolution of the series in all honesty. It means we won't have to sit, look at a black screen for a few seconds, and wait for an area to load. Cut the areas and you create a much more seamless gaming experience. Add NPCs and you give more purpose and energy to a world.

Kingdom Hearts already has a style carved out for itself in the past seven games made. There are a bunch of gameplay styles to choose from that have been in the series. Why would we want them to limit themselves to doing exactly what they've done in past games? They should be making KH3 a showcase of what they can do with the series on next-gen consoles.

They obviously must limit themselves or they will never get the game done, but there are more important things to worry about like "will the combat be up to par with the challenge fans are looking for?", "will there be enough for me to do in this game where I will feel like playing it after I've beat it?", and so on.

VenTer

Awards
Am I the only one who's extremely nervous about how KHIII will turn out? I've been thinking a lot about KHIII lately, and I've just now realized how nervous I am about the outcome of the game. It's no so much because I doubt that Square Enix can make a good game, it's more because of the huge technological leap they're going to be taking since KHII. Even with the portable titles, they haven't worked on anything for the KH series with greater power than a PS2 (Don't quote me on this though, I may be wrong. I don't believe that any of the portable systems are greater technologically than the PS2, but then again I don't know that much about the technology behind consoles.). They're completely skipping a whole generation and working with current gen technology.

This makes me nervous because I feel as if Square will really wanna show off how capable they are with the casual fans and show that they can make huge maps and a bunch of NPCs in the game and just a whole bunch of other additions. I feel that they will be making these huge open worlds and it will feel like a totally different universe than the one we've come to know and love all these years.

I'm not against Square breaking a little tradition and including a bunch of NPCs and big open world maps, but I don't know if KHIII is the time to experiment with such dramatic changes mostly because this will bring closure to the Xehanort saga for some, and close to the whole Kingdom Hearts series for some as well. I think adding open worlds and NPCs is a great idea and I'm open to any other additions, but I just hope that it doesn't drastically change the size of the maps and the amount of NPCs etc.

Am I the only one who feels this way? I could be a bit misguided with some of the stuff I said here because again I don't know much about the technology changes since the PS2, but I would like to see some opinions on SE making the change from a PS2 to a PS4.
Don't feel nervous, Feel excited, I'm so excited of what will the game be and everything :D

Ninja Biscuit

I'm nervous only about how much they'll try to add. Considering this is the first Next Generation Kingdom Hearts game, final Xehanort saga game, AND the sequel people have been wanting since Kingdom Hearts II they have a lot of shoes to fill.

So far Kingdom Hearts games have made their gameplay great (except 358/2 Days, forget that) so that isn't a factor to me, or worlds as they've been also made great. If they expand the game too much though then it may seem a lot different then the rest of the games, although that wouldn't be too much of an issue for me.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I'm not overtly worried all things considered. I am a bit concerned about the writing for the game, but the games have started to go back to having more focus than they had in Kingdom Hearts II.

As for NPCs, I welcome them. I wouldn't want them to be so numerous that trying to navigate around them would be a pain, but just give us a semblance of life out there.

Lea

Awards
Website
joshtominus.com
A lot of you have given me a bit of relief to be honest. Let me address though that I'm not against NPCs or Open Worlds at all. I'm definitely for it, I was just nervous that they may add too many NPCs and make the worlds a bit too large to the point to where it feels a bit overwhelming.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
A lot of you have given me a bit of relief to be honest. Let me address though that I'm not against NPCs or Open Worlds at all. I'm definitely for it, I was just nervous that they may add too many NPCs and make the worlds a bit too large to the point to where it feels a bit overwhelming.

I understand that. I wouldn`t want the worlds to become so large that they were overwhelming as well. After all, if we had to many NPCs, we would have nowhere to fight enemies

Would I would like the developers to do is have areas in worlds that are occupied with NPCs and have areas were you can fight enemies

Abby*Shifter

You know, I'm always nervous when something new comes out. But it was actually Kingdom Hearts III that gave me an acception, looking back at all the games, at there stories, I gained a lot of confidence on Kingdom Hearts. I love all the games (and all might not agree with me there) but i love all the games and everything about them. Let them go on, in my opinion, they can do nothing wrong :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back