• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Paranormal Activity 4

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson Jazz

You ain't got no YEEZY!?!
Seriously, everyone bitches about there being too many sequels, when Friday the 13th had ten movies and Nightmare on Elm Street had eight. And everyone complains about the stupidity of their actions when they're actually being more sensible than a lot of the morons in old horror movies.

You're implying that no one bitched about the unnecessary sequels to Friday the 13th or Nightmare on Elm Street or Halloween or Saw.

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com
Ulti said:
When a horror movie reaches a fourth sequel, then the series is bad. Don't let your horror movies reach a fourth level.

Interesting opinion, but I disagree. You should at least wait for a movie to release before judging it. But I won't cry when you say "I told you so".

Crimson Jazz said:
You're implying that no one bitched about the unnecessary sequels to Friday the 13th or Nightmare on Elm Street or Halloween or Saw.

It does seem that I implied that, but I truly meant that some things this series is hated for have been a staple in horror movies for decades. My main point was that if you aren't interested in this movie, you probably shouldn't post here. I realize that people will still hate the series and remain vocal about their hate and members on these forums will keep posting their opinions on this series here no matter what I say. I apologize again for getting mad about something so trivial, seeing the hate for the series on a forum which I visit regularly provoked me. Technically my previous post was me angrily telling the other users of this forum not to voice their opinions. The thread is titled Paranormal Activity 4 and not Paranormal Activity Fans Only, so I was probably a bit put of line with most of that post.

tl;dr I was wrong

Now, back on topic, I've been hearing that this movie might follow in Chronicle's footsteps and have the POV jump to Katie and Hunter's other neighbors on top of this Alex girl.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I may end up watching this because...'Toby' looks like he gun get down to business

Crimson Jazz

You ain't got no YEEZY!?!
It does seem that I implied that, but I truly meant that some things this series is hated for have been a staple in horror movies for decades. My main point was that if you aren't interested in this movie, you probably shouldn't post here. I realize that people will still hate the series and remain vocal about their hate and members on these forums will keep posting their opinions on this series here no matter what I say. I apologize again for getting mad about something so trivial, seeing the hate for the series on a forum which I visit regularly provoked me. Technically my previous post was me angrily telling the other users of this forum not to voice their opinions. The thread is titled Paranormal Activity 4 and not Paranormal Activity Fans Only, so I was probably a bit put of line with most of that post.

tl;dr I was wrong

Oh, I don't hate this series (I actually thought PA2, the only one I've fully seen, was good), and I am interested in this one. It's just, little I've seen on the first and third one and my seeing of the second one just throws me off as to why the characters would want to stay in their home knowing creepy shit is going on. I understand that the demon will follow them wherever they go, though.

I'm just really hoping this is the last one (as the trailer tagline suggests) because if it's not, then the series will have become officially milked if it hasn't already.

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com
I didn't mean you, there's just a lot of people who hate on the series, comments under the trailer were mostly negative. I find myself struggling with whether or not I want this one to be the end. I don't really think it can be. Chronologically I think it would be fitting to end it with this one. But in PA3 there was a tape next to the 1988 one labeled 1992 and Katie said in the first movie that when she was a teenager Toby haunted her so it kind of fits that they would show that in the fourth one before the finale, which suggests that there will be a sixth one, too. Especially since Paramount has already registered domains for PA4, 5, and 6 sites.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
Problem is the films are using a format to tell a plot that could be abridged very easily, and there's no way to ever escape the format to add in plot when it could be told faster. When there's a perspective switch or any background information to be given, there MUST be a sequel or prequel, because what else is there gonna be, a flashback?

It's an okay plot, and I guess this could be the possibly-satisfying climax, if not finishing on the fifth.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
I really wouldn't say that these movies have much of a plot. It's not really about the "story" as much as it is about seeing the suspense build-up and unfold.

Traskix

Pie Equals Friendship in YO FACE!
I really wouldn't say that these movies have much of a plot. It's not really about the "story" as much as it is about seeing the suspense build-up and unfold.

Especially now since the 3rd ended the whole "story" thing right?

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Haven't seen the third one, but my point was more that the main purpose of the story is for creating suspense and tension; it's why they use this type of film-making (besides the fact that it's cheaper). It's not a particularly good, or interesting story.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
The third one was a prequel that made the cliffhanger at the end of the second even more open-ended. Fourth one looks like the finale if not setting up for the finale.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
I just recently saw all 4 films this week after a few nights and I really enjoy them because they aren't like most horror films as of late. They aren't just gore-fests. They actually have some sense of suspense to them.

The fourth film wasn't bad. I enjoyed it. It's probably the worst of the 4 movies, but it was still decent.

I saw the 3rd film first and then 1 and 2 which gave me a bit of a better understanding of the plot.

I personally enjoyed the 3rd film the most.

Also they've already announced a fifth film is in the works.
The 4th movie didn't have a conclusive end. Nothing too obvious anyways. I have no idea how they would continue it though. The demon has its sacrificial son. Soooooo what could be next?

Haven't seen the third one,

It's not a particularly good, or interesting story.

The 3rd movie fixes that a bit. Although if you aren't already semi-interested in the films then you won't really find yourself drawn into it.

When a horror movie reaches a fourth sequel, then the series is bad. Don't let your horror movies reach a fourth level.

This movie is bad because it's episode 4 of a story. Ok.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
I don't see how it's going to end if the story keeps making the demon seem more and more powerful and elusive. All I can see it ending with is if the main character is some amateur satanist who is recording everything they do and they run across the possessed kid annnnd idk then something happens that shows the end of the demon.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
I don't see how it's going to end if the story keeps making the demon seem more and more powerful and elusive. All I can see it ending with is if the main character is some amateur satanist who is recording everything they do and they run across the possessed kid annnnd idk then something happens that shows the end of the demon.

The ending of the 4th film is kinda crazy. You never see it coming. I mean, you can guess what happens to the characters, but what happens just before the movie ends. It's kind of nuts.

It sooooorta gives you an idea of what could happen later on. But I honestly have no idea how to line up the pieces to form some kind of continuation out of it.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
So it's basically Katie and Toby and the kid amassing this cult more and more throughout the films? I wiki'd it real quick. Was Hunter a character in a previous film or was that not relevant?

Ugh it's just, maybe I have some bias, but I can't call the series bad since it's trying to tell a plot with a lot of references and continuities. The main problem is that it is obviously dragging on too much. They have to end it at the fifth; there was no chance it was going to end at 4 because they introduced the new characters and all but the fifth has to be the finale because, even if they manage to keep the framing device unique, the whole build up of "strange events > skeptical people > suddenly demon > possessed character from previous movie > everyone dies" is getting too old.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Hunter was the baby from the 2nd movie. Robbie is just sort of gone near the end of it. No idea why.

Yeah I agree that the way the movies have been flowing is getting dull. Which is why the 4th film was kinda eh. The only difference was the use of web cams as cameras. It was kind of silly that they were stuck on record 24/7 "just because".

The third films use of the "fan cam" was pretty awesome though. I was depressed we didn't see anything as good as that in the 4th movie. I wouldn't mind even just having it in the 5th movie again. It's a good suspense tool.

Edit: Actually the use of the Kinect's infared was pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back