• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Pixar Worlds?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ultimateplatypuz

Website
www.youtube.com
Okay, so originally I thought it'd be impossible for Pixar movies to be in KH, since it's not technically Disney. Then I remembered about how Buzz and Woody were supposed to be summons in the first Kingdom Hearts, so I'm not sure. I mean, I'd love to see a Pixar world, I'm just not entirely sure if they can do it and what movies they could pull it off with. The one movie that really comes to mind is a Bug's Life... not entirely sure why, but it makes sense to me.
So yeah.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Pixar is Disney. There is no big division between them like there was in the past. Square Enix has full access to the entire catalogue of Disney works at their disposal, anyways. Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilms...the limit is pretty much "Are we legally able to use this?"

Scorpio

If the franchise truly is going to continue after the end of the Dark Seeker Saga, it might be better to preserve most of the Pixar properties for installments further down the line. However, I'd totally be down with a Toy Story world for this last entry. I'd imagine Sora as an posable action figure, Donald a squeak toy, and Goofy a stuffed animal.

redcrown

Awards
the limit is pretty much "Are we legally able to use this?"

I have actually really wondered of they are allowed to use Pixar films. KH2 was a big missed opportunity to use some/one instead of having about half of them be worlds we've already been to. Which tells me there is really something in the way of them using Pixar films, since there have been plenty of opportunities for the series to use at least one since KH1.

If none are used in KH3 then I would think something if definitely up.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
The fact of the matter is that there was Buzz and Woody data in one of the games. That just screams to me that they ARE allowed to use Pixar in the games (and also willing to/thinking about it). It really comes down to whatever they want to use.

redcrown

Awards
The fact of the matter is that there was Buzz and Woody data in one of the games. That just screams to me that they ARE allowed to use Pixar in the games (and also willing to/thinking about it). It really comes down to whatever they want to use.

Why on earth would they NOT want to use Pixar?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I have actually really wondered of they are allowed to use Pixar films. KH2 was a big missed opportunity to use some/one instead of having about half of them be worlds we've already been to. Which tells me there is really something in the way of them using Pixar films, since there have been plenty of opportunities for the series to use at least one since KH1.

When KH1 was being made, Disney only distributed Pixar's films. They didn't own them fully, so they weren't in full control of the properties. Pixar was also protective of their properties.

When KH2 was being made, Disney and Pixar were in bitter arguments with each other. Things were not resolved until Disney bought out Pixar in 2006. This was likely why they were planned but not included. There was too much change going on at the time between the two companies. Also after the buyout, Pixar remained fiercely protective of their IP for awhile.

Within the last 7-ish years, Pixar and Disney have become less than separate entities and more like one big department with different studios.

If none are used in KH3 then I would think something if definitely up.

There isn't anything holding them back now. John Lasseter is the head of WDAS and Pixar. Lasseter was the one who sort of implemented certain "Pixar" processes at WDAS. The films belong to Disney.

The studios are just that now. Studios.

They aren't treated like separate entities like how Disney treats Marvel and Lucasfilms. Even then...it's not THAT huge of a divide.

Disney Infinity is pretty much all of the proof needed to see how the barriers between studios and properties don't really exist as they used to anymore.

redcrown

Awards
When KH1 was being made, Disney only distributed Pixar's films. They didn't own them fully, so they weren't in full control of the properties. Pixar was also protective of their properties.

When KH2 was being made, Disney and Pixar were in bitter arguments with each other. Things were not resolved until Disney bought out Pixar in 2006. This was likely why they were planned but not included. There was too much change going on at the time between the two companies. Also after the buyout, Pixar remained fiercely protective of their IP for awhile.

Within the last 7-ish years, Pixar and Disney have become less than separate entities and more like one big department with different studios.

There isn't anything holding them back now. John Lasseter is the head of WDAS and Pixar. Lasseter was the one who sort of implemented certain "Pixar" processes at WDAS. The films belong to Disney.

The studios are just that now. Studios.

They aren't treated like separate entities like how Disney treats Marvel and Lucasfilms. Even then...it's not THAT huge of a divide.

Disney Infinity is pretty much all of the proof needed to see how the barriers between studios and properties don't really exist as they used to anymore.

I did not know any of that. Thanks for educating me.

Nicki6082

Id be excited to see a Pixar world in KHIII! Bugs Life or Toy Story would be awesome Monsters Inc could also be really cool too if they decide to add a pixar world. I don't know if they will add one if they don't it will probably be because it just didn't fit in with everything else and not because they weren't allowed to use it. I agree that Disney Infinity definitely proves that they don't mind expanding.

Also I know this is unrelated but speaking of Disney Infinity I am really excited for the Ultimate Unlock in 3.0 being a keyblade! :biggrin:

Nicki6082

Honestly, I don't really see a way they could make a good story with Sora for Monster's Inc, but idk.
I don't know what they could do story wise there either but I was more meaning aesthetics and gameplay wise it would be really cool and a change of pace from other worlds they've done. Also I can just imagine Sora, Donald, and Goofy in a makeshift monster costume like they made for Boo and that would be absolutely precious XD

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Honestly, I don't really see a way they could make a good story with Sora for Monster's Inc, but idk.

Code:
FADE IN

SORA'S BEDROOM - NIGHT

The gentle glow of the starry night sky from outside of SORA's (4) window softly illuminates young SORA's sleeping form. A smile grows on his face, his dreams clearly filled with happy memories of the day he spent with RIKU (5) on the kid's island. 

Breaking through the peaceful atmosphere is a soft creek from the door in the corner of SORA's room. The creaking continues and then stops as the door opens completely, and then somebody--something slowly walks from out of the closet.

[CENTER]???
Ack! This room is a minefield![/CENTER]

The oddly shaped figure continues across the room until he stops in front of SORA's bed, raising up clawed hands slowly.

[CENTER]SORA
Aha! I've caught you Mr. Monster![/CENTER]

SORA jumps up from his bed, a laugh starting to grow in his belly. He knew this was the night he'd catch the monster that has been coming into his room for weeks. He'd finally be able to prove to RIKU that monsters were real and not just something he dreamed up and then--

The strange figure jumps back and screams, frightened by SORA's sudden "attack" and scurries back into the closet.

[CENTER]SORA
Wait! Come back...[/CENTER]

From that day on, SORA never saw any monsters again... 

At least, not until he was sixteen.

FADE OUT

Sora, Donald, and Goofy arrive in the Monsters Inc. transformed into strange-looking monsters, still seeking out the Key to Return Hearts and discover this is a world where monsters scare children to power their technology. Sora remembers a distant memory of being scared of monsters in the closet as a child but always thought it was a dream.

Movie plot happens but with a few twists involving Heartless and Xehanort (because within the doors, there is a rumor that one was made that leads to a place of pure darkness but never worked and so Xehanort believes there could be a door that leads right to Kingdom Hearts and he could steal it and use it for his goals).

Sora fights an evil Randall and Waternoose blah blah Boo laughs blah blah

At some point after saving the day and leaving, Sora would find out Riku knew monsters were real but didn't want to admit he was afraid of them so he tried to convince Sora they weren't real.

Nicki6082

Code:
FADE IN

SORA'S BEDROOM - NIGHT

The gentle glow of the starry night sky from outside of SORA's (4) window softly illuminates young SORA's sleeping form. A smile grows on his face, his dreams clearly filled with happy memories of the day he spent with RIKU (5) on the kid's island. 

Breaking through the peaceful atmosphere is a soft creek from the door in the corner of SORA's room. The creaking continues and then stops as the door opens completely, and then somebody--something slowly walks from out of the closet.

[CENTER]???
Ack! This room is a minefield![/CENTER]

The oddly shaped figure continues across the room until he stops in front of SORA's bed, raising up clawed hands slowly.

[CENTER]SORA
Aha! I've caught you Mr. Monster![/CENTER]

SORA jumps up from his bed, a laugh starting to grow in his belly. He knew this was the night he'd catch the monster that has been coming into his room for weeks. He'd finally be able to prove to RIKU that monsters were real and not just something he dreamed up and then--

The strange figure jumps back and screams, frightened by SORA's sudden "attack" and scurries back into the closet.

[CENTER]SORA
Wait! Come back...[/CENTER]

From that day on, SORA never saw any monsters again... 

At least, not until he was sixteen.

FADE OUT

Sora, Donald, and Goofy arrive in the Monsters Inc. transformed into strange-looking monsters, still seeking out the Key to Return Hearts and discover this is a world where monsters scare children to power their technology. Sora remembers a distant memory of being scared of monsters in the closet as a child but always thought it was a dream.

Movie plot happens but with a few twists involving Heartless and Xehanort (because within the doors, there is a rumor that one was made that leads to a place of pure darkness but never worked and so Xehanort believes there could be a door that leads right to Kingdom Hearts and he could steal it and use it for his goals).

Sora fights an evil Randall and Waternoose blah blah Boo laughs blah blah

At some point after saving the day and leaving, Sora would find out Riku knew monsters were real but didn't want to admit he was afraid of them so he tried to convince Sora they weren't real.
This is awesome!!! I want it to be a thing now more than before! XD

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
is it wrong i want a monster's inc world solely for steve buscemi

WhinyAcademic

Awards
I think the Pixar worlds best suited for KH would be Toy Story (maybe an interquel between 2 and 3? I honestly don't want to have to live through the incinerator again because not only would I cry my eyes out, but I know KH would ruin it); A Bug's Life thanks to the play forming opportunities of being a bug, Incredibles (superheroes), Nemo (ocean world), and maybe WALL-E and Up. Likely Inside Out too, but I have yet to see it, but it sounds like it'd fit. ;_;

I'd love to jump around the colorful aisles of Al's Toy Barn or scale the tree of Ant Island.

Scorpio

In terms of changing the party's appearances in particular worlds, with the prospect of a Monster's Inc world I'd actually be more favorable to something along the lines of SDG getting gaudy mock-Monster costumes similar to Boo's in the first movie, which would be a neat reference to the film as well as highlighting the team visiting a world that frequently travels into others, but is not used to outsiders entering their own, almost to the point of panic.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
inside out can be used as an in-depth look at somebody's heart, maybe to repair ven's heart from, well, the inside out. helping him deal with his emotions and issues. to him, anger is vanitas, fear is eraqus, disgust is xehanort, joy is aqua and terra is sadness.

monster's inc and it's door mechanic to reach aqua in the RoD and back, i imagine randall and waternoose would follow them there and be scared by the real monsters, and they find the abominable snowman there.

it wouldn't be a perfect fit but i think toy story would be fun to play around in for terra. dealing with separating with his friends and letting them down. the humor would be hilarious if well done, like SDG have to calm lingering will down to merge with terra's body, a big climactic battle but they have to freeze up everytime someone walks by.

i know i'm pushing it at 3 pixar worlds but i really love pixar movies.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Pixar is Disney. There is no big division between them like there was in the past. Square Enix has full access to the entire catalogue of Disney works at their disposal, anyways. Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilms...the limit is pretty much "Are we legally able to use this?"

It's not as easy as that. You see, Nomura has stated, when it comes to Marvel and Lucasfilm, he has to contact those subsidiaries separately in regards to their properties inclusion in the series. Pixar can work in Kingdom Hearts III, because, as part of the Disney Animation Studios re-structure, John Lasseter and Ed Catmull had presidency over both companies equally. And as far as live Disney movies, because that's part of the general Disney catalog and not restricted to subsidiaries out of the primary Disney pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back