• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

PLot holes

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

K3ybladespartan

I guess I must be oblivious because I dont see plot holes when I play the games. Could someone list the plot holes? so far cuz I dont see them. please and thank u

xVanitas

I don't see any plot holes either. If anything there would be plot holes revolving the first game because Nomura didn't even know he would continue the series. But I did hear he was already planning KH2 when KH1 came out.

Youniquee

Awards
Why Sora looks like Vanitas prior to Ventus transferring his heart to Sora.
Because at the beginning of Ventus's story, when he was comatose because he only had light in his heart. Sora's heart fount his heart and repaired it of the missing pieces (I think)

K3ybladespartan

Because at the beginning of Ventus's story, when he was comatose because he only had light in his heart. Sora's heart fount his heart and repaired it of the missing pieces (I think)

I think he's talking about when Vanitas spoke like Sora when they were in the Bad lands before that happened.

Monoochrom

Because the Connection between Ven and Sora is made before the actual Gameplay of BBS begins, it happens in the introduction...

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Because the Connection between Ven and Sora is made before the actual Gameplay of BBS begins, it happens in the introduction...

That depends what scene is meant here. If it is the scene in the flashback where Vanitas is created when Ven's heart is cut and Xehanort names him, that scene is before Xehanort dumps the injured Ventus on Destiny Islands. Sora's newborn heart offers to heal Ven when he's on DI, about to fade. Between Vanitas's creation and MX dumping Ven is actually a short time span, at most a week, because MX originally wanted to train both Ven and Vanitas together, but that was impossible when he realized that Vanitas fed on the already injured Ven and sent him into a critical state.

So there is actually a short time span were Vanitas isn't influenced by Sora. Bur rather than a plot hole I would say they didn't want to hire another voice actor for Vanitas just for one or two lines.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
Where did Aqua keyblade come from in KH2 when Riku was dual weilding and gave one to kairi?
It wasn't Aqua's Keyblade, it was Aqua's Keychain attached to Riku's Keyblade.

The only plot hole I know of is that Master Xehanort shoots a little ball of light into the sky at the end of BbS and makes Kingdom Hearts appear, even though the X-Blade had not been created yet. If I recall correctly, the game tried to get around this by saying MX just cleared the clouds, and KH was already there... but that's even stupider; KH is in the RoD.

Ven1028

since a nobody is the left over shell of a person after they turn into a heartless, aka their physical body, how does roxas use the left over body yet when he combines with sora in the beginning of kh 2, sora also has a body. that is a pretty big plot hole in my opinion

1+1=FISHXD

since a nobody is the left over shell of a person after they turn into a heartless, aka their physical body, how does roxas use the left over body yet when he combines with sora in the beginning of kh 2, sora also has a body. that is a pretty big plot hole in my opinion
thats why roxas is special XD no i think someone already answered that question

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Sora is in essence a floating heart during the rest of KH 1 and CoM.
We don't know if his physical presence was really a "body" as per the definition of the KH Universe.
The same problem applies to Naminé.

There is no canon explanation yet, and if no one is provided in KH 3D, BBSv2 or KH III this could indeed be a plot hole.

Absolute

It wasn't Aqua's Keyblade, it was Aqua's Keychain attached to Riku's Keyblade.

The only plot hole I know of is that Master Xehanort shoots a little ball of light into the sky at the end of BbS and makes Kingdom Hearts appear, even though the X-Blade had not been created yet. If I recall correctly, the game tried to get around this by saying MX just cleared the clouds, and KH was already there... but that's even stupider; KH is in the RoD.

Perhaps its tied to the reason why they specifically said in game that the X-blade has to be forged in the Keyblade Graveyard. You would think merging a heart of light and a heart of darkness could happen anywhere.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
There is no canon explanation yet, and if no one is provided in KH 3D, BBSv2 or KH III this could indeed be a plot hole.

Why would it be a plot hole? Sora is indeed an existence of only a Heart. XH isn't the only one who's done it before - and mind, he wrote in the Final Mix reports he saw no sign of a change after he became a Heartless - but Riku did it too. After XH kicked his Heart to the RoD, Riku appeared in the first Final Mix as himself. Even for pure symbolic purposes, it was overboard, as they had him running around. Had it been symbolic they could've had him floating like at the start of CoM.
Kairi pushed the Darkness away. Then Sora's strength of Heart kicked in and he maintained his appearance.
It's nothing that was never seen before in the series nor is it that uncalled for.

You want a plot hole.
I'll give you one and I'll only need one word.

Naminé

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards

This bothers me every now and then...Aside from her obviously mind-fcking existence, how could she have been born when all Sora did was release Kairi's heart? I'm kinda skeptical as to whether or not Sora's Heartless had a hand in it, but eh. >_<

Oh, Destiny's Embrace; can't forget that.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
This was why Nomura should have left Namine has her own person instead of changing her into Kairi's Nobody and made from Sora. ):

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
This bothers me every now and then...Aside from her obviously mind-fcking existence, how could she have been born when all Sora did was release Kairi's heart? I'm kinda skeptical as to whether or not Sora's Heartless had a hand in it, but eh. >_<

In the hopes this part won't be retconned, Namine was born as a bi-product of Kairi's Heart leaving Sora's vessel at the same time his own did. What she really is remains to be seen as by most definitions of a Nobody - sans the truly, eternally general one of "what was left behind that isn't the Heartless" - she's hardly one.

Oh, Destiny's Embrace; can't forget that.

I'd hardly call it a plot-hole. Riku housed Xehanort's Heartless inside him at the time, which means he was able to Duel Wield in a manner similar to how Sora could thanks to Ven (Xehanort'd still have MX's own Keyblade, if not Eraqus's (who was with Aqua) and Terra's (who, as far as we know, is with his Lingering Sentiment)).
As for the Keyblade, Sora and Mickey share the Star-Seeker due to their relation to Yen Sid. Aqua and Riku'd share Destiny's Embrace in a similar manner due to their connection to Kairi.
I dare say the true plot hole in this mess is the Oathkeeper as it's a Kairi oriented Keychain but isn't the Destiny's Embrace, but seeing how I already like blaming that one on Namine, it all adds up still.

This was why Nomura should have left Namine has her own person instead of changing her into Kairi's Nobody and made from Sora. ):

Daw, but then most of the basis for SoKai would be gone :C

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
As for the Keyblade, Sora and Mickey share the Star-Seeker due to their relation to Yen Sid. Aqua and Riku'd share Destiny's Embrace in a similar manner due to their connection to Kairi.
That's what bothers me; DE seems to be based off of Destiny Islands (or Kairi's memories of it, to be exact). How could Aqua acquire a keyblade form of a place Kairi has never been to before (or at least as far as we know)?

I dare say the true plot hole in this mess is the Oathkeeper as it's a Kairi oriented Keychain but isn't the Destiny's Embrace, but seeing how I already like blaming that one on Namine, it all adds up still.
I didn't think about Oathkeeper like that. Come to think of it, could the same thing apply to Ends of Earth and Oblivion?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
That's what bothers me; DE seems to be based off of Destiny Islands (or Kairi's memories of it, to be exact). How could Aqua acquire a keyblade form of a place Kairi has never been to before (or at least as far as we know)?

Maybe hearts exist outside of time and her heart knew that in the future she'd end up on Destiny Islands. -is making crap up-

I didn't think about Oathkeeper like that. Come to think of it, could the same thing apply to Ends of Earth and Oblivion?

Seems plausible. Oblivion was meant as a representation of Riku, and Ends of the Earth are a representation of Terra's desire to protect his friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back