• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Possible Kingdom Hearts 3 Delay?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

LightsFury

Kojima Tells Nomura to Remake Final Fantasy VII - gamrConnect

"Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima, Square Enix producer/artist Tetsuya Nomura, Square Enix CEO Yoichi Wada and Metal Gear art director Yoji Shinkawa had dinner earlier today.

What did they talk about?

According to Kojima, they talked about a Final Fantasy VII remake! After Kojima Tweeted that he was in a dinner meeting with the three, a follower asked that he tell Nomura to remake FFVII. "I passed it along," replied Kojima.

He was probably joking. Or was he?

Other things Kojima said he passed along are "Hurry up and release Kingdom Hearts 3D," "I know it's tough for Square Enix, but you can do it!" and "Tell Wada I'm waiting for Seiken Densetsu/Secret of Mana 5." Kojima did not pass along the message "I'm looking forward to the new Zelda game" that someone for some reason asked him to mention.

Kojima passed along one message without his followers' suggestion: he told Tetsuya Nomura to get a Twitter account.

While the actual topics of conversation during the meeting are probably secret (they may have just been having a friendly dinner -- it happens sometimes), we do know what was on the menu. According to Yoichi Wada's Twitter, two people had cola while two people had alcohol.

This is what Kojima ate. I don't know what it is either."

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Seeing as how KH3 isn't even currently being made it can't really be "delayed" (I get what you mean though). I doubt it, I think Final Fantasy Versus 13 is supposed to be the last FF game Nomura is going to work on for a while and after that he's dedicating his time to KH. This message doesn't sound seriouse though and is more likely to tease fans.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Better link:Kojima Tells Nomura to Remake Final Fantasy VII

Hmmm... I doubt that is what they talked about. But then again, they do need to look for something big because they have been going down in the market. I sort hope this happens, for the sake the a FF7 Remake, but I sorta don't for the sake of that remake becoming Nomura's main project, when, after Versus is done, KH3 is supposed to be...

For all we know, KH3 might be what they talked about. It seems more likely as it is what has been planned for while. But they couldn't talk about Versus XIII, which is even more possible, as it's a pretty big thing at the moment...

Meh.

edit: Wait, wtf. Kojima has nothing to do with SE. They could of just been eating dinner, to, you know, have dinner.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Nomura said after Versus that he would focus on KH. What his word is worth, isn't much but if he worked on a FF:VII remake you would think it would come after KH3.

But mainly why would Nomura be the one who would work on FF:VII? Yoshinori Kitase worked on the original FF:VII as director. He should be the one reclaiming that position if a remake ever came to be. -sighs-

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
Well, we all know Nomura has kh3 all planned out, or at least he should by now.

I'm sure Kojima was joking about passing it along, but who knows, maybe he did.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Kojima probably passed it along but who knows if it holds any real standing?
I bet it went like this.
Kojima-"Nomura my Twitter followers want you to make a FF7 remake"
Nomura-*laughs*

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
I wonder what would happen if a kid from the make-a-wish foundation asked if Nomura could just tell him how the series ends, would Nomura comply? am I the only who has thought of this? or would he just answer with riddles and the last thing the kid hears is [laughs]
tetsuya-nomura-951.jpg

Maxyli138

I wonder what would happen if a kid from the make-a-wish foundation asked if Nomura could just tell him how the series ends, would Nomura comply? am I the only who has thought of this? or would he just answer with riddles and the last thing the kid hears is [laughs]
tetsuya-nomura-951.jpg

Maybe he would tell the kid what happens and ask him not to tell anyone else. I don't know how the whole make-a-wish foundation works.

I don't think Nomura would be the one to work on a remake of FFVII. It was probably a joke to tease the fans. But KH3 wouldn't exactly be delayed, more like put off to the side for games SE hasn't started yet.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
Maybe he would tell the kid what happens and ask him not to tell anyone else. I don't know how the whole make-a-wish foundation works.

I don't think Nomura would be the one to work on a remake of FFVII. It was probably a joke to tease the fans. But KH3 wouldn't exactly be delayed, more like put off to the side for games SE hasn't started yet.
the kid definitely won't be able to tell anyone, he would most likely die soon after, kinda what I meant when I said the last words he would hear would be- ah forget it.

Roronoa Zoro

Always on the lookout for aliens
Don't really see why you should care but I might b
I remember reading somewhere that someone said that if there was ever a remake of FF VI, he'd want it to be Nomura's project.

And honestly it's nothing really big to think about. They were just eating dinner, probably to catch up and talk about E3, and Kojima just told Nomura what people had been asking him about, and gave him a little advice. Nothing serious, really.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
the kid definitely won't be able to tell anyone, he would most likely die soon after, kinda what I meant when I said the last words he would hear would be- ah forget it.
MOST DEPRESSING SENTIMENT EVER.

Make-A-Wish Foundation is for anyone under 18 who has been diagnosed with a life-threatening illness. Not everyone who gets a wish dies, they just might.

But the Wish foundation can't get a child anything in the whole world; the cost limit for a wish is $5000.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
MOST DEPRESSING SENTIMENT EVER.

Make-A-Wish Foundation is for anyone under 18 who has been diagnosed with a life-threatening illness. Not everyone who gets a wish dies, they just might.

But the Wish foundation can't get a child anything in the whole world; the cost limit for a wish is $5000.

Or if the person that child wants to meet complies without getting paid. Having Nomura fly out here alone is expensive, and I'm not saying he's mean, but I don't think he would tell the kid how it ended because it would be too dangerous. If that kid yelled out the ending, Nomura is in deep trouble so I doubt SE would allow him to disclose that.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Or if the person that child wants to meet complies without getting paid. Having Nomura fly out here alone is expensive, and I'm not saying he's mean, but I don't think he would tell the kid how it ended because it would be too dangerous. If that kid yelled out the ending, Nomura is in deep trouble so I doubt SE would allow him to disclose that.
Agreed. Generally all the Foundation does celeb wise are "meet and greets". They can't get a developer to disclose information because that's high risk for the developer. :/ It's not even being mean to the kid really, it's just business.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I feel this topic has gotten off-topic and sad since I prefer not to think of all those children in the foundation though it stands for a great thing. Lets get back on topic. I doubt KH3 will get delayed as it's plans were already not in production. If anything, the recent earthquake and tsunami caused it to be pushed back more than this I would think.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
I feel this topic has gotten off-topic and sad since I prefer not to think of all those children in the foundation though it stands for a great thing. Lets get back on topic. I doubt KH3 will get delayed as it's plans were already not in production. If anything, the recent earthquake and tsunami caused it to be pushed back more than this I would think.

You have taken the words right out of my mouth.

KH3 hasn't gone into production, so you can't really say something that hasn't been started will be delayed.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
I feel this topic has gotten off-topic
As does every KH-related thread. Thanks for answering my question you guys lol I doubt Nomura would do it.

I honestly couldn't care less about kh3. I excepted that I will be in my late 20's when it is out and will have little time to play or little interest in playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back