• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Lit ► Pottermore: J.K. Rowling's new project

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
So when is this open to everyone?

EDIT: Never mind it was just answered above me.

So for the lucky people who got in, what exactly do you do there?

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
TBH, after you finish the story there is really nothing to do besides potion making and dueling...which I haven't even tried yet.

Raiton Kensei

Peace through Violence
Awards
Anyone else see the interview with Rowling where she admitted that she thought about killing off Ron Weasley but changed her mind? I was already upset that Fred died but if Ron did too I would have been REALLY upset.....she could have killed off Percy though lol

El Coqu?

General ShinyMog here!
Awards
Anyone else see the interview with Rowling where she admitted that she thought about killing off Ron Weasley but changed her mind? I was already upset that Fred died but if Ron did too I would have been REALLY upset.....she could have killed off Percy though lol

AGREED.....Percy was a jerk but noooooooooooooo george loses half and ear and fred dies =_=

snow_flake40

Awards
Yes, Percy was giant jerk in OotP and HBP, but I felt he really redeemed himself by coming back and fighting in the Battle of Hogwarts in DH. I mean, he even made a joke when he said something like 'By the way, Minister, I am officially resigning' or whatever. That's gotta be worth some redemption points, surely. It would've just been unfair if he finally repented for being a giant prick just to be killed off in the next scene.

Not to say that Fred dying wasn't unfair, mind. That's one of the few deaths in the Harry Potter series that has me balling my eyes out every single time. It just comes out of nowhere, with no warning or preparation. It's made all the more devastating by the fact that Fred is one of the comic relief characters, the one you can always count on to lighten the mood when the going gets tough. But this time it's Percy that cracks a joke only for Fred to go and get himself killed and destroying everyone's life in the process...

rant rant rant~

Princess-Sammi

I hope that Sony will bring out new activities (and the other books) to Pottermore.

I'm looking forward to the shop too - here's hoping they'll make eReader covers in the style of leatherbound books with each house crest on the front (like this).

The day I was sorted into Slytherin was one of the best days of my life.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Decided to check out Pottermore. No lag. Got my Siamese Cat and a wand. Maple with Dragon Core, 12 3/4 inches, surprisingly swishy. Damn yes I wanted one with dragon core.

..bloody hell Hufflepuff. It fits me but I really wanted to be in Ravenclaw.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
photo%255B1%255D.jpg

While many of you are aware that we’re busy improving and developing the Pottermore experience, you might also be interested to know that we’re hard at work preparing the Pottermore Shop, too.

We know that a lot of people are excited about being able to buy the Harry Potter eBooks for the first time. If you’re a Harry Potter fan or reader who is interested in buying eBooks either for yourself or someone else, we’d really appreciate you taking part in our reading survey. You don’t have to be a Pottermore Beta user but if you’re interested in Harry Potter, reading or eBooks in general, we’d really like your feedback.

To take part in the survey, please click on the following link:
https://www.research.net/s/pottermore_booksurvey

Wizard Duelling is now available.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
This may be interesting to some people;
We’re pleased to announce that pottermore.com will be open to everyone in early April 2012.

We know that the extended wait for those wishing to be part of Pottermore has been frustrating, and we’d like to thank you all for your patience so far.

Many of you are interested to know why we extended the original opening date beyond October of last year.

We always knew Pottermore would be incredibly popular, which is why we made the decision to only open to one million Beta users to begin with. We wanted to make sure that we had a really good understanding of how people want to use the site and which bits we’d need to modify before giving more people access.

We gathered some incredibly useful feedback from our Beta users, and it became clear that our original platform wouldn’t be suitable when millions more users came on to the site. So we made a big decision: to move Pottermore to an entirely different platform set up. This ‘invisible’ change has involved a lot of work behind the scenes but it will enable our users to get the best from Pottermore as it grows and develops.

There have definitely been some challenges and the whole Pottermore team has been working really hard to incorporate all the Beta activity and feedback. This means that over the coming weeks and months we’ll be adding exclusive content and many more exciting features (such as sounds) to Pottermore for you to explore, share and discover.

So get ready to join the Pottermore journey – the wait is nearly over.
Pottermore Insider

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
You know, I really should invest in an e-reader of some sort... it'd be so much more practical since I have a hundred million books that I want to read which are probably online and which I could either get for free or at a discounted price. I'd definitely get all the HP books since I prefer my physical collection to stay at home. Though admittedly there's nothing like the feeling of a well-read book in your hands with a cup of hot chocolate on a cold day by the fire...

Anyway, so happy that Pottermore is opening to the public soon! Fortunately I was able to access Pottermore as a beta user and got placed as Slytherin but on the Sorting Hat test I feel as if I cheated myself by choosing an option I otherwise wouldn't have chosen... If I do the best truthfully, without trying to get into Gryffindor, I could get a different result. Hm.

snow_flake40

Awards
Oh, will beta users have to get a new account when it opens for the public?

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
No, it'll be the same account. What I meant was that I registered but wasn't quick enough, so I was pretty bummed to miss out on the beta period. Fortunately I knew someone who had a spare beta account so she gave that one to me. My original account is yet to be approved and verified.

snow_flake40

Awards
Oh, all righty then. Carry on.

I really hope that Pottermore will pick up again once everyone is allowed on. I feel like they could still fix it and make it as magical and as wonderful as we all hoped it would be before it, y'know, wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back