• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► PS2 help

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Well I just got a Sony 44 inch widescreen HDTV. I decided to move my old ps2 downstairs so I could see what the difference is.

I put in KH2 and played it and it looks awful. The other TV I used to play my PS2 games on wasn't widescreen and it looked waaay better on that than my new TV.

So can anyone tell me the settings i should put my PS2 on so it would look good? Or does the PS2 just look bad when its played on a widescreen TV?

I have a PS3 but the one I have doesn't play PS2 games.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
Larger you make a SD picture the worse it looks. There's nothing you can you do about it unless square decides to re release kh2 in 720p on bluray viva PS3

^^this^^

other thoughts:

what inputs are you using?
if you are using composite you might want to switch to component. it might slightly improve video quality

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
^^this^^

other thoughts:

what inputs are you using?
if you are using composite you might want to switch to component. it might slightly improve video quality

k i'll try that .

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
There is a device called the Xploder HDTV Player, which can upscale your games to 1080i. However, it has bad reviews from customers, including 'shrinking the picture'. You can enlarge it again, but it includes a lot of faffing about.

If you really want high definition of your PS2 games, then component is the way... or Playstation 2 Emulators, providing you have a good running PC.

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
Not sure if your still here but play it in S-Video, my PS2 games look amazing, like HD amazing on my 24 inch flat screen CRTV. Just tried it today.

Say, did you buy a scart/3-RCA cable adapter for that? o:
I mean, I don't remember consoles ever being shipped with S-Video cables.

I'd like to try it out, though. Using the Wii on an HD TV is pretty crappy, too.

Weeaboo

Kawaii Queen
Awards
Website
www.subeta.net
Say, did you buy a scart/3-RCA cable adapter for that? o:
I mean, I don't remember consoles ever being shipped with S-Video cables.

I'd like to try it out, though. Using the Wii on an HD TV is pretty crappy, too.

Systems are never shipped with s-video cables.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back