• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Question about Maleficent

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
In Birth By Sleep, Maleficent transforms into her dragon form by her own will to fight Aqua.

In Kingdom Hearts 1, however, Maleficent didn't transform into the dragon on her own. Instead, Riku (possessed by Xehanort's Heartless) had to release her heart and fill it with darkness by using the Keyblade of People's hearts. She said "finally... this power!". She uses the word "finally", yet she already has shown the ability to use that power.

Why was Maleficent able to do it at will in Birth By Sleep but not in Kingdom Hearts?

The Fishman

Keyblade Master
i would say because Sora kicked her ass in the first fight, so she didn't have enough power to turn into the dragon, until Rikunort released the darkness within her, allowing her to muster enough strength to turn into a dragon
why didn't she just turn into a dragon the first time?
maybe because she thought she could kill Sora without releasing her darkness like that

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
i would say because Sora kicked her ass in the first fight, so she didn't have enough power to turn into the dragon, until Rikunort released the darkness within her, allowing her to muster enough strength to turn into a dragon
maybe because she thought she could kill Sora without releasing her darkness like that

I guess that's why. Rikunort? I haven't heard that fan-created name yet.

Jordo

Perhaps Maleficent could initially only use the dark dragon ability safely in her own world of enchanted dominion? And when traveling to other worlds when the barriers to the the worlds were shattered, she had to be more careful when using her dark powers so she wouldn't be consumed by the darkness? And then obviously, the rest is history.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
And like Riku saying it was Kairi that made him start wondering about other worlds. Retcon~

Kentsu13

this is most likely the case

Eternal_Sleep

i always figured that it wasn't so much that she couldn't turn into a dragon before (since she could) but rather it was a boost of power that came from the darkness that was unlocked from her heart. she never says "finally this power now i can turn into a dragon" we always have just assumed that this was the case. i agree with who ever said she didn't change into a dragon from the beginning since she figured she could win with just her magic. i mean she seemed pretty smug when she left riku/ansem to fight them and looked shocked that she lost. also in BBS she only changed to fight aqua she tried to defeat ventus with just magic.

i really don't think this was a retcon. in fact i am yet to find a "retcon" from birth by sleep that i have accepted as just that.

Gram

Banned
Awards
its a plothole/retcon since bbs wasnt even thought of when kh1 was made.

Eternal_Sleep

its a plothole/retcon since bbs wasnt even thought of when kh1 was made.

now correct me if i am wrong, but i thought the definition of retcon was something released(within the canon) that contradicts the facts already established from past games. if that is the proper definition it doesn't matter that BBS wasn't thought up yet(or more specifically the aqua/maleficent boss fight) since from what i can see nothing is contradicted.

SilentTrinity

Master of the ECKKK
now i don't know if this is true but wasn't KH1 suppose to be it?
i mean it left 4 a sequel if fans wanted it..but doesn't that mean everything in KH1 is contradicted by BBS?
thats just how i see it
correct me if I'm wrong

Shinra

Banned
Awards
simple as that... you are quite right fishman

Samhain

Bronze Member
Ive never really been crazy about the nickname Terranort. I mean, its Xehanort
yeah
terranort and xehanort are basically the same people but i only use the name terranort when talking about the 1 we fight in bbs to not get confused with the other xehanort...the apprentice.

terranort and xehanort apprentice r basically the same person but with few changes
1 has yellow eyes, terras hair style, wields a keyblade, and is bad ass
and the other which is xehanort apprentice is
brown eyes, master xehanorts hair style, doesnt wield a keyblade nor has any weapon, lost his memories, but at least has brains ..sumthin which sora lacks in kh2 lol and has had ..what? 2 lines in the entire series? lol
"master ansem, regarding the experiments i would like to proceed..."
"but master ansem, i've been thinking."

Gram

Banned
Awards
now correct me if i am wrong, but i thought the definition of retcon was something released(within the canon) that contradicts the facts already established from past games. if that is the proper definition it doesn't matter that BBS wasn't thought up yet(or more specifically the aqua/maleficent boss fight) since from what i can see nothing is contradicted.
c this > / in my post in inbetween plothole and retcon, that means either one spoitime

who's stronger Rikunort or Terranort.
terranort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back