• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Racial Discrimination

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morning Twilight

Of course this is dangerous to even talk about this topic since there has been so much history behind it, but please, I am only wishing to discuss from observations that I have made.

From what I have seen in high school, racial discrimination from whites is non-existent except from the most idiotic butt holes. (I live in Georgia btw). And I see tons of people of other races talk about how badly they are treated compared to whites, and I don't get it. I have never seen anyone of another race be treaded badly or excluded because of their color from a white. So my first question is if my area is just different or is it the same? Is there really still instances of discrimination from whites or is it just imagination?

Now I have seen and experienced times where I couldn't do something because I'm white. I have been kept from trying to rap, dance, or play basketball because of it. The phrase, "she's black, she can do that" or "shut up, you're white" has started to ring in my ears. I'll admit, I can't dance hip-hop or dances like the solja boy very well. But I can dance any dance with set steps like Salsa, Swing, Waltz, very well. I can rap, not record label worthy, but not I'm not terrible. I can play basketball as well, I played the guys that said that I couldn't play sometime later, and I whooped their butts.
So now my question is this. Is the racial discrimination turning around? Now are other races using the racial discrimination as a whine when things don't go their way (I have seen this happen before)? And are they getting to the point to where they are trying to discriminate whites because, as Kid Rock so eloquently puts it, "I feel guilty for being white"?

Q

Banned
Uhh, they see your attempt to embrace their culture as, well, a sort of invasion I suppose.

But I don't know.

Clone

well im form the uk and things r differnt, well im my old school any. my school was multi ethnic which means the r loads of differnt cultures and races atending. most of the people get along fine with know racial dicrimination, most fights or arguements usualy happen between the people of the same race or religion.

Zaraki

What part of GA do you live in? I live in Alpharetta and stuff like that is non exsistent everyone pretty much gets along. Ocasionally you'll get real ghetto black people who blame white people for getting arrested just because they're black when they get caught red handed. I can see if you live somewhere like forsyth county why you might get discriminated on like that( forsyth is known to be very Racist) but their are just some people out there who are ignorant to that kind of stuff and they like to dwell on the past or they just use white people as scapegoats for all their probems.

Samber

Your Mom's Mom's Daughter
I definetly have, I live in Orlando. I mostly see it from the Rednecks, during Agriculture Day at out school, there were some white guys cracking whips, it was actually pretty cool. Until I started to walk back to class I overheard them talking, it went a little somthing like this:
"So and so Said the niggers were getting scared of us cracking the whips."
then another said
"Yeah, maybe we should scare 'eh a little more."

I thought it was sick.

Also I was sitting in the back of the bus one day and some hispanic kid looks at me and goes
"So you got a KKK meeting to go to?"
I looked at him and said
"I'm half Hispanic you ****." Then he shut up.

So yes, there is, more so than people let on.

Josiah

Quarian Power!
Hm.. Racial discrimination? I think that mostly it's just paranoia. ._.; Alot of the non-white kids in the school that I used to go to, including myself were I guess "picked on" or looked down upon as not as good, or trailer trash and things like that (didn't really have to do with ethnicity..) by alot of the rich upper class jock-type white people. And because of that people would automatically tag them as racist, or discriminating against non-whites, since really basically none of the whites could have been tagged in that way because.. well, they were all rich =O (not saying ALL white people are rich...). I don't really think any of them were actually racist though, just immature. So no, I have been looked down upon, but not in a racial way. I haven't really seen it happen to anyone else either.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
In my opinion, there will always be racism. Even when you don't see it, people still feel a certain way on the inside about people because of their race. Black people will say that you can't play basketball because(I'm guessing) it is a more black dominated sport but I know there are people of other races who play it professionally so I guess you just have to show them what you can do(which I read you did). Anyway, when someone white tries to do something that another race is more known for they will probably think of it as you trying to "dominate" them or trying to steal their type of thing so they will be mad about it...

T

Tyler Durden

I think it's funny that it's generally the white people that are worried about racism or are considered racist.

scapegoats wat

Q

Banned
I think it's funny that it's generally the white people that are worried about racism or are considered racist.

scapegoats wat

because, unfortunately, most poor blacks and Latinos and poor whites aren't informed about racism. To them all, this leads to stereotypes about the others. Racism, at least in this age, stems greatly from classism.

Sir Jecht

Pro Assassino Attivista
Awards
Is the racial discrimination turning around? Now are other races using the racial discrimination as a whine when things don't go their way (I have seen this happen before)? And are they getting to the point to where they are trying to discriminate whites because, as Kid Rock so eloquently puts it, "I feel guilty for being white"?
Damn right. For us it's ok to persecute others based on race since our race is well known for having "so many hardships thanks to the white man." Basically it's" reverse racism" (really it's just racism) the only thing is we don't get trouble for it.

I hate the fact that Blacks feel they can be as racist as the next KKK member and should not be persecuted simply because they are black. It makes us look like a bunch of dumb ass back water hypocrites. It's just bullshit but it's not just us it's every race that does that though.

I personally have never been looked down by whites in fact I'm look down more by blacks because "I ain't hood enough" and shit like that, yeah sorry for not growing up in the ghetto guys I forgot we got a nigga image to uphold.

Last edited:

dr.korytco

Racism is a race,of a sort, if you keep racing through then you will never have true reasons to feel superior. You will never know your opponent . That mentality is arrogance.

What is the point of even thinking that you can win or lose this sort of race when you do not even know who you are racing ? Why race when you are too cowardly to loose a race? You win or loose a race to people, and individuals some race better than others. In this sort of race. So, you must know first your fellow man, test him as an individual and then win or lose .

The true results are at the finish line, not at birth , and not in generalizations . Racism should be a term to be used for severe racial injustices, but not to be used lightly to every racial indifference and misunderstanding. Racial misunderstandings and indifferences should be handled intelligently and maturely as simple differences and misunderstanding of people . If you are too cowardly to actually face an opponent and put faith in their abilities to win, then you have nothing to win yourself.

Morning Twilight

Ya, I'm glad that I'm not the only one who sees this stuff this way. I think it's actually funny that there was a post about Obama possibly getting into the White House and they tried to make it a racial thing. And i'm thinking, the house is called "white" because of the paint job, not because of the people in there...
If they wanted to paint it black it could be the black house, who cares?

I see so much reverse racism as someone called it. Whenever I see fights or crap going on at school, it's the other races who start it or the other races who don't realize that the guy talking is a complete moron and doesn't represent the rest of the population.

I'm sure there is still racism places. I wouldn't doubt that. I live in Marietta btw. I'm fine with facing them, and I do occationally when I see the fight worth fighting.

But I find it interesting to hear about all of these people saying that "I'm discriminated against because of my race" and I'm thinking, "no, your being discriminated against because you're a moron."

I think it's good that we're getting over, slowly as it is, but still making progress on the race thing. I've lived in the South all of my life and I could tell you that I never liked the slavery idea anyway.

Rix

:)
Awards
yeah.. I have noticed stuff like that to... and sometimes when I or others for that sake disagree with someone with an ethnic backround they say to you "are you a racist or somethin'? even though what we talked about wasn't about skin color or culture at all... The funny thing is that whites can not say the same to them...

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
Damn right. For us it's ok to persecute others based on race since our race is well known for having "so many hardships thanks to the white man." Basically it's" reverse racism" (really it's just racism) the only thing is we don't get trouble for it.

I hate the fact that Blacks feel they can be as racist as the next KKK member and should not be persecuted simply because they are black. It makes us look like a bunch of dumb ass back water hypocrites. It's just bullshit but it's not just us it's every race that does that though.

I personally have never been looked down by whites in fact I'm look down more by blacks because "I ain't hood enough" and shit like that, yeah sorry for not growing up in the ghetto guys I forgot we got a nigga image to uphold.

I love you. . .. .

Sorry but this is such an understated viewpoint. And hearing from a black person almost made me cry. (Good tears.)

Alaude Drenxta

\+The Devil's+/ .{Advocate}.
Black people are racist.
White people are racist.
White people get punished.
Black people become heroes.

I pissed myself.

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
www.tobuoi.deviantart.com
https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/demo/selectatest.html (click on the "race" test)

We experimented with these tests some in my American Lit. Class. They're pretty interesting. They don't focus so much on deliberate acts of racism, but rather, subconscious bias.

Anyways, I'll start believing that white people are at a disadvantage when I start seeing main black characters in video games other than Grand Theft Auto. Or when I stop seeing tall white guys as the star of nearly every TV show. Or when footage of white criminals is shown on the news more than all of the minorities.

risingfalls

Disjoin Remorse From Power
I thought that this was beautiful.

My school is super diverse, so racism isn't really prominent there. In fact, everyone there is pretty much accepting of everyone (at least the people I know.)

I haven't had any problems from anyone regarding race. In fact, whenever someone does anything to me, I don't usually include race as a factor. Only a few situations have occurred where I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that racial discrimination was involved. But like I said, only a few.

However, I always here someone or another talk about how they're being mistreated by a white person or something. Only a small amount of these claims are actual racism, most of the time, it's just someone needing an excuse for something.

But that's just my personal experience. In a broader scope, there's definitely more discrimination going on.

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/demo/selectatest.html (click on the "race" test)

We experimented with these tests some in my American Lit. Class. They're pretty interesting. They don't focus so much on deliberate acts of racism, but rather, subconscious bias.

Anyways, I'll start believing that white people are at a disadvantage when I start seeing main black characters in video games other than Grand Theft Auto. Or when I stop seeing tall white guys as the star of nearly every TV show. Or when footage of white criminals is shown on the news more than all of the minorities.

People think in terms of themselves. . . .there are more white guys making games. Actually asians. If we count Anime as asian people then there's much more of them.

Also. UPN?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back