• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Re: Chain of Memories. Does This Bug Anyone Else?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

empuentes28

Unless your completely tone def, we can all tell the difference between younger Sora's voice (KH) and older Sora's voice (KH2) right? And we all understand that, hey after two year a boys voice can change and it also makes it seem like time, 2 years in this case, really have gone by in the Kingdom Hearts world. So , now that they remade Chain of memories with voice talents and 3-d cutscenes. Does it bug anyone else that younger Sora has older Sora's voice? I know it's not a fixable problem but it's still weird and very strange to hear older Sora's voice coming out of younger Sora's mouth. Especially when I can remember younger Sora's voice so well and march it up so easily with him. So like I said before, Does this bug anyone else?

metalyoshi9

It does, and I've actually seen this mentioned before.
I haven't actually heard it myself, but I can imagine how weird that'll be.
In any case, we'll just have to live with it.

A

Audo

2 years? It's been six years since Sora's younger voice.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards

It really doesn't bother me ^^, I kinda like it, really. It somewhat adds to his maturity >_> not that Sora should be too mature, but he should be somewhat more mature.

Roxas/Sora17

It was really weird at first, but I kinda got used to it. It's not so bad.

What bugs me about this game is that, once you open a door, if you go up to it and press Triangle (reaction command), it asks for another card, so you give it another, only to find out that you can just walk through it. I wasted a few cards on that. :(

empuentes28

2 years? It's been six years since Sora's younger voice.

I just meant in the games time, in reality ya it's been six years.

It really doesn't bother me ^^, I kinda like it, really. It somewhat adds to his maturity >_> not that Sora should be too mature, but he should be somewhat more mature.

I have no problem with Sora being mature, but in Re: COM Sora hasn't matured that much from the end of KH. I would have much rather prefered to hear younger Sora, since i think origanally the dialoge was aimed more for youger Sora's way of thinking. (thats what I would think anyway.) So to hear older Sora act and speak in a more childish mannor seems kinda weird to me. Cause I mean, lets face it younger Sora and older Sora dont act the same. Older Sora is just more mature.

Owa

Cause I mean, lets face it younger Sora and older Sora dont act the same. Older Sora is just more mature.

Which i find odd, seeing as how Sora was asleep for a year, meaning that even though he was 15 physically, he would still have the mentality of a 14 year old.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

I really don't mind much. Sure, it doesn't make that much sense, seeing how chronologically, it's been about a week or so from the end of KH1, but I have to admit it fits in better with the more mature themes in CoM that start as soon as they set foot in the castle.
Sora's a pissed off kid with a score to settle with the world and he has freaks in black coats distracting him from finding the best friend he locked away in the Realm of Darkness.
Personally, I think it would've bugged me more to have his younger voice synthesized in.

empuentes28

Eh? In the game's time it's been like a week.
i meant betweem the end of COM and sora's begining in KH2. Well I guess I'm wrong either way, it was only a year between them not 2. Sorry, i have no idea where i got 2.

I really don't mind much. Sure, it doesn't make that much sense, seeing how chronologically, it's been about a week or so from the end of KH1, but I have to admit it fits in better with the more mature themes in CoM that start as soon as they set foot in the castle.
Sora's a pissed off kid with a score to settle with the world and he has freaks in black coats distracting him from finding the best friend he locked away in the Realm of Darkness.
Personally, I think it would've bugged me more to have his younger voice synthesized in.

I agree that Sora's voice is much better acting wise in giving off emotion and it sounds better too and honestly I wouldn't want it synthesized in either, that would sound worse probably. My problem isn't the acting, I can admit he does a good job and the feelings are portrayed very well. I just dont like older sora mixed with younger Sora. They should have just made COM this way to begin with, that way the voice could have progressed alittle better with Sora's going up. (i would hope anyway)

Which i find odd, seeing as how Sora was asleep for a year, meaning that even though he was 15 physically, he would still have the mentality of a 14 year old.

That is very true, since maturity mostly comes from life experiances not just aging in it's self. But I'm glad he did mature normally anyway. He actually acts alot older then 15 I would say.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards

i haven't heard his voice but i can imagine it. being weird and all. it sure is annoying but the only thing you can do is to get used to it.

if you think of it, the policy SE has adopted towards US (and especially Europe) just leaves us -unfortunately- with no room for complaints. you (LUCKY YOU!!) at least can play the game...

DAMN YOU SQUARE!!

Namine all Day

Make up your mind already. But I do agree. But yet I disagree.
-_-

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards

I dont mind the voice, now the lip-syncing could be better, but other than that, nothing about the VAing in Re:CoM bothers me.

graypeople

this did really bug me but even worse than that was the fact that none of their mouths matched their words. it just realy bugs me to look at their mouths and it doesnt look like what theyre saying

empuentes28

its really not so bad...just think of sora going thru puberty!!
Poor Sora sure has a funny way of going through puberty. His voices changed completely in a matter of days, if not hours. LOL.

i haven't heard his voice but i can imagine it. being weird and all. it sure is annoying but the only thing you can do is to get used to it.

if you think of it, the policy SE has adopted towards US (and especially Europe) just leaves us -unfortunately- with no room for complaints. you (LUCKY YOU!!) at least can play the game...

DAMN YOU SQUARE!!

I can get use to it I guess, still weird though. Like you said it's annoying. Especially when you know how he's suppose to sound like at that age. Take it for what it's worth i guess. Hopefully it want happen agian in future games.

empuentes28

this did really bug me but even worse than that was the fact that none of their mouths matched their words. it just realy bugs me to look at their mouths and it doesnt look like what theyre saying

Oh thank god, I'm glad i'm not the only one noticing these things. Between Sora's voice and all the characters mouths flapping to some other language (japanese most likely) this game in it's self in bugging me. If your going to remale something to make it better, dont half ass it. KH has always had good lip syncing. Why mess it up now? Dont get me wrong it's a good game to play. But come on. We expect so more from Square when it comes to KH and FF. This was just half ass work. Good game though. :)

Sora The Key

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

Unless your completely tone def, we can all tell the difference between younger Sora's voice (KH) and older Sora's voice (KH2) right? And we all understand that, hey after two year a boys voice can change and it also makes it seem like time, 2 years in this case, really have gone by in the Kingdom Hearts world. So , now that they remade Chain of memories with voice talents and 3-d cutscenes. Does it bug anyone else that younger Sora has older Sora's voice? I know it's not a fixable problem but it's still weird and very strange to hear older Sora's voice coming out of younger Sora's mouth. Especially when I can remember younger Sora's voice so well and march it up so easily with him. So like I said before, Does this bug anyone else?
Haley Did Stated he was in 8th Grade when he did Sora's Voice in Kingdom Hearts, and then 4 years past, He is like 18 when he did Sora's Voice in KHII. So 2 more years has past. you do the math.

Nope I perfer his KHII Voice.IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back