• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Regarding Proposition 8

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garth

Change soul, set.
Website
www.garthtv.blogspot.com
Take a look at this.

Am I the only one who is slightly insulted by this? What are your views on the vote on Proposition 8?

Although I respect both sides of the argument, this commercial, IMO, is just downright ridiculous. :<

Cissy

Bronze Member
Oh lawd.

I swear.

Yeah, I guess a bit insulted. But the hilarity of the commercial kinda negated that.

Personally, I don't want that. I mean, my cousin wanted to get married, and if she can't in California.. .__.

.Oji

&#36196;&#12356;&#12486;&#12461;&#12473;&#12488;

this, IMO, is just downright ridiculous. :<

.Oji

&#36196;&#12356;&#12486;&#12461;&#12473;&#12488;
Seriously speaking though, I don't necessarily find that vid (the one you've linked) insulting in the least. Don't really have any particular views on Proposition 8, either. Whether it passes or not doesn't really concern me. -Shrugs-

very differentiable
Awards
Why do i have a feeling that the country of unlimited freedom slowly turns into a totalitarian state. Everything is fine, as long as you aren't gay, believe in a god, don't question the right to carry a gun, don't question the government etc. It might not effect me but it's still a questionable thing. Ever since 2001 your government got paranoid, but our government doesn't trust it's citizens either so it could effect our country too.

nelly <3

wayfarer~
Website
www.facebook.com
ive seen the commercials and if i were to vote i say NO.

its totally discriminatory and just down right wrong.
it affects me alot. not that im gay or anything (just bi) - honestly id rather marry a man, but if i happen to fall in love with a woman one day and i wish to marry her. of course i would want to do it, legally. not only that i also have a handful of gay friends and i would like them to be happy too.

IMO.

Awards
I think it's a fucking disgrace.

People can debate the ethics of marriage and whether or not it's strictly a union between a man and a woman, but this commercial (and therefore, I would presume, the proposition) is nothing but discriminatory. The implication here is that homosexuality is something bad and evil and should be kept away from children at all costs -- so it's better to teach people at a young age to be ashamed of their preferences than to work towards a society that supports equality and embraces diversity?

You know what I say? Let the little girl marry her princess. Isn't it written into the declaration that we are born with unalienable rights to the pursuit of happiness on our own terms?

Azerty

Hm...I'm so torn. I'm a supporter of LGBT rights, but I do feel that marriage should be a union between a man and woman. Ugh, this is one issue I'm going to stay out off.

Joy

Bronze Member
I think it's a fucking disgrace.

People can debate the ethics of marriage and whether or not it's strictly a union between a man and a woman, but this commercial (and therefore, I would presume, the proposition) is nothing but discriminatory. The implication here is that homosexuality is something bad and evil and should be kept away from children at all costs -- so it's better to teach people at a young age to be ashamed of their preferences than to work towards a society that supports equality and embraces diversity?

You know what I say? Let the little girl marry her princess. Isn't it written into the declaration that we are born with unalienable rights to the pursuit of happiness on our own terms?

This.

Gay marriage is not wrong, in the least. The commerical is more or less saying gay marriage is bad, teach our children to hate it!

God this really does piss me off.

Hm...I'm so torn. I'm a supporter of LGBT rights, but I do feel that marriage should be a union between a man and woman. Ugh, this is one issue I'm going to stay out off.

Marriage is a man-made concept.

Ren

adios motherfucker
The commercial throws homosexuality in a degrading, negative light. I don't appreciate it at all.

I can say it makes me hate Proposition 8 more than I did before.

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
Yeah... I might be straight, but I'm totally against the idea. I personally think that since this great country of ours (Isn't it lovely? ... [/sarcasm]) was built on several principles of Freedom.. such as Religious Freedom, we shouldn't always think with the Bible. Our founding fathers fought for several freedoms and though they may of not of considered gay marriage, I still think that they might be against the government stepping into marriage, just because the Bible is obviously against such a thing. Seriously, we fought for religious freedom. For the government to have a say in marriage or say.. abortions is unconstitutional. The revolution was fought so that no religion dictated our country's laws.

Sure, the basic laws (i.e. stuff that harms other people) should be followed, but not allowing abortion can be harmful to some and I wouldn't see how not allowing gay marriage would be punching gay people in the face.

"You can't marry because you're homosexuals."

Yeah.. like that's not offensive..

Marriage is a man-made concept.

More proof of why it shouldn't be banned..

square-enix

Pederast
Website
www.newsvine.com
Whether it passes or not doesn't really concern me. -Shrugs-
If you live in America, of course it concerns you. If LGBT rights are allowed to be undermined, that makes your civil liberties vulnerable as well. It opens the door back to discrimination on several faces and sets the civil rights movement back decades.

Although I respect both sides of the argument
Really?

No on Prop 8: We want equality for all
Yes on Prop 8: We, Mormons, (along with the other Christian denomination that consider us a cult) are really pushing this shit even though we have absolutely no business with California's Constitution. Also, the gays are evil and they're teaching our children to be gay.

Garth

Change soul, set.
Website
www.garthtv.blogspot.com

Yes.

I never said I agreed with the other side of the argument. However, I do respect that they have the right to form their own opinions regarding this; whether or not their opinions are tarnished with ignorance and intolerance is also a different story altogether.

Spic Steve

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL OLOLOLOLOL
Awards
Let's not call gay marriage marriage and call it something else for shits and giggles.

Cissy

Bronze Member
Well maybe if it wasn't called "marriage" in the first place, we could get around this problem more easily. Call it something else.

Personally I don't care what it's called, but if people are going to get so worked up about same-sex marriage proposals that don't even concern them, then we might as well screw with the system and quiet them.

^ Let's call it Mardi Gras
I approve. ;3

Cissy

Bronze Member
Random Person: We shall now rename the term "Gay Marriage" to.... GAY GRAS!
People: Gay Tuesday?
Random Person: The gayest day in America.

Yeah, I think that would work. Definitely approve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back