• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Santas banned from saying "ho ho ho"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyperion

If you think that's bad, in South Australia it's gone because it's seen as derogatory towards women.

The term "ho" is also American slang for a prostitute. "We were told it (ho) was a derogatory term for females and can upset people," said the Santa, who did not want to be identified publicly.

AdelaideNow... Santa ho,ho,ho gets heave-ho

I'm pretty sure that the meaning of "ho" as it's used by Father Christmas has existed long before the slang "ho". Look at Shakespeare. Pretty sure he's not talking about prostitutes when the word "ho" appears.

Sonja~Soulheart

Speed lvl- snail
Website
alichinorinoa.deviantart.com
Santa cry 'may scare kids' | Herald Sun

Yep. In store Santas across Australia can't say "ho ho ho!" anymore.

Personally, I think it's stupid. I've never been scared of it, and "ha ha ha, Merry Christmas!" just doesn't have the same ring to it, IMO.

wow O_O that's insane and dumb no offence. ho ho ho isnt even scary for the matter o_O

"And kids are probably more inclined to understand 'ha, ha, ha', than 'ho, ho, ho'."

o_O oh yay a year w/ a lame santa lol

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
When did saying "ho ho ho" become so bad when anyone has said it around christmas? We all know is just used around Christmas to help get people into that jolly holiday spirit. Now if Santa would say "ho ho ho first one get my dry cleaning, second go clean my sleigh, and third get and your knees and get ready for a present" then i can understand banning it, but santa never would have said that. Or would he hmmmmmmmm

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Another case of political correctness ruining the holidays.

When will people learn political correctness is f*cking retarded.

Pern

Mewtwo The Wise
With Mewtwo in the Kingdom Hearts Universe
Oh my god that is the stupidest thing I ever heard of. How can kids be scar of the word " ho ho ho" what is the would coming to. Now what, are they going to banned people for having blue eyes too. LOL JK

Last edited:

mesmerized

*Shakes head in shame* Just another thing we Americans have ruined for everyone else. But hey, there's ignorance every where. I still don't think it gives them any right to change Santa. Its completely ignorant to me. Oh well...

Fuyu

That is so stupid!
''Scare kids'' hmph.
Ha ha ha sounds more like and villains laugh..

And if I was still kid, and the Santa would change his laughing style..
I would probably ask him what he did to the real one..

axelthe pyro

i change my mind about the "ban hugging" thing THIS is by FAR the most retarded thing ive ever heard of!
what kind of cowardly moronic person could fing the traditional Ho Ho Ho! scary? the world is now 10% dumber...

evil_kenshin

greatest of the ungratest
how stupid, hohoho does not offend anyone, heck next year will they determine its offensive to have santa in red? (scarily its believable)

political correctness, well wait this has nothing to do with PC but anyway has gotten out of control

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Hohoho offends me cause my aunts sister's friend's 3rd cousin's uncle's dog's seconded owner was a ho.

Lets ban Santa next. What kind of Saint is calling upon his hos all the time. Outrage i tell you. Plus he promotes kids to gain weight and you will still be slim enough to fit down a chimney. Saint Nick must be stopped from spreading lies and downgrading women.

KingBlade

by sinspire^
Santa doesn't exist.

Is there any real point about a person who doesn't exist say to children?

Rix

:)
Awards
Arrrrgh... What is wrong with this world? Seriously.. I'm getting really mad..

Apollo

Silver Member
I actually find this funny becuse like many predicted over years more and more words will get banned even know they have little meaning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back