• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Scan of KH 3D on Famitsu weekly (translations in OP)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I agree that they dropped the ball on the Evil Queen. Hopefully she shows up in some way in the future.
These scans have me super excited though.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I hope the house is on fire. From the looks of it, Pheobes is just upset and Riku is trying to cheer him up.

Number Zero

I hope the house is on fire. From the looks of it, Pheobes is just upset and Riku is trying to cheer him up.

Heh, that should be new for him. Generally he's the gloomy one. I guess while he's visiting worlds, he's thinking like Sora.

I've also got confirmation that Riku is fighting Nightmares inside Monstro, so that boss battle is looking pretty good.

Another thing, a translation from KH13: "Hm? Who are you? There aren’t supposed to be children here."---Jiminy to SORA!!

Kevin Perez

God, I'm in a serious dilemma here! Should I YouTube DDS or should I sell my PSP and buy the game when it comes out along with a Nintendo 3DS? Something tells me it'll blow away BBS but that's because we get to play as Sora and Riku, which I felt was sorely needed about their absences for a while. Not to mention the everything seems NEW and not generic like previous installments.

micbeasty

Well from the character translations This Jimny in Prankster's Paradise has no memory of meeting Sora and co. Leading me to believe neither will Geppeto nor Pinocchio. So once these characters are transported from another world back to their world it seems that the world being
In a sleeping state puts your memories to sleep in a sense to where you are healing possibly the memories of your own world?

snow_flake40

Awards
Well from the character translations This Jimny in Prankster's Paradise has no memory of meeting Sora and co. Leading me to believe neither will Geppeto nor Pinocchio. So once these characters are transported from another world back to their world it seems that the world being
In a sleeping state puts your memories to sleep in a sense to where you are healing possibly the memories of your own world?

I can see where you're coming from, and that'd certainly work with Pinoke and Geppetto. But we know that Jiminy didn't return to Pranksters' Paradise after KHI because he's still around in II and Re:coded. I'm thinking it's more likely that Pinocchio & Co will just be memories or 'dreams' that the world itself is creating while it's asleep.

However, I really hope I'm wrong. If these are just dream versions of the actual characters, that makes it much more likely that everything that happens in DDD will be instantly forgotten as soon as the worlds return to the RoL. If it's not the characters themselves, then they probably won't remember anything that happened while the world was asleep. Which saddens me greatly.

I dunno, maybe Pinnochio and Geppetto are asleep in PP and their dreams come to 'life' as well, meaning Pinoke could be dreaming up this particular Jiminy or something.

Bobjam

Awards

This sort of theory is exactly why I think Namine is going to play a bigger role in this game; 'Sleeping memories'. Small parralels to chain of memories there. Would be awesome if this was a big part of the game ^^.

snow_flake40

Awards
So in other words, Riku's off the hook.

Haha, I guess so. :p But, if I were to guess from the screen with Riku and Pinocchio where Riku is hanging his head all Riku-ish-ly, I'd say he'll still be feeling pretty guilty. Maybe even moreso than if Pinocchio could remember the whole kidnapping ordeal because at least then he could apologise for it.

My, we haven't had this much to speculate over since September. I like it. :D

EDIT: ETHY. Y U ALWAYS NINJA ME.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Haha, I guess so. :p But, if I were to guess from the screen with Riku and Pinocchio where Riku is hanging his head all Riku-ish-ly, I'd say he'll still be feeling pretty guilty. Maybe even moreso than if Pinocchio could remember the whole kidnapping ordeal because at least then he could apologise for it.

My, we haven't had this much to speculate over since September. I like it. :D

EDIT: ETHY. Y U ALWAYS NINJA ME.

I NINJA YOU BECAUSE <3

Anybody notice how Prankster's Paradise seems... kind of empty?

We haven't even seen inside the actual areas. Those images are just area artwork.

snow_flake40

Awards
I NINJA YOU BECAUSE <3

D'aw. Well that's ok then. :3 <3

Also, is it just me, or do the HoND screenshots change from daytime to nighttime? I can't remember any other world in KH switching between the two... Could we be getting day/night cycles this time round?

'Course, I'm prolly just wrong. Tends to happen.

Number Zero

Does the appearance of Monstro's insides confirm that we'll be getting a Monstro boss battle similar to KH:BBS FM+?

Because if so, I'm totally good with that. :)

Marx15

&#937; &#937; &#937; &#937; &#937; &#937; &#937;
Does the appearance of Monstro's insides confirm that we'll be getting a Monstro boss battle similar to KH:BBS FM+?

Because if so, I'm totally good with that. :)

It confirms that along with Pleasure Island, we'll also be able to travel inside Monstro again.
It doesn't quite say Monstro will be a boss, as of yet.

Also, is it just me, or do the HoND screenshots change from daytime to nighttime? I can't remember any other world in KH switching between the two... Could we be getting day/night cycles this time round?

'Course, I'm prolly just wrong. Tends to happen.

There has been in the past change between Night and Day, usually for scenes only though.

Awards
I'm kind of hoping that not all of the characters are dream versions like Jiminy. It just doesn't feel the same knowing that the characters you're reacting with are essentially fake.

Dark Hearts King

Website
chronicum.wordpress.com
Nomura Interview! (Found It) said:
"The “World Submerged in Sleep” is a complex story, but there were worlds other than those that Sora restored in KH1, some that were not submerged in darkness. Like the worlds of the princesses and Dumbo’s, etc. In the end of KH1 it was established that some of those worlds were restored, but not all of them. Those that were neither in light nor in darkness, but those that were submerged in sleep.
Since those worlds are essential asleep, the dreams of those worlds become the setting. Sora and Riku will travel to those worlds to awaken them from their sleep."

I found what I was looking for! Here, Nomura states that Sora and Riku are traveling to the dreams of the worlds. So all the characters are dreams, and therefore creations of the sleeping world's heart. I think the term Dream Eaters will be literal - the Nightmares are trying to consume these dreams and keep the worlds asleep, while Spirits are eating the Nightmares to restore the dreams of the sleeping worlds in an endless cycle that keeps the worlds comatose and unable to heal. Sora and Riku will become the catalyst to the efforts of the Spirits and fully restore the worlds by fighting the Nightmares. Then the Spirits will help them get to the Key of Sleep.

Now I hope the existences of the Nightmares and the Spirits will be explained in more detail!

mooglekupor

Awards
This sort of theory is exactly why I think Namine is going to play a bigger role in this game; 'Sleeping memories'. Small parralels to chain of memories there. Would be awesome if this was a big part of the game ^^.

I had a similar idea about DDD's dream theme being connected to CoM's memory theme, mainly because both could create illusions, hence what will happen in the realm of sleep might not be real at all.

The worlds we've seen so far are amazing, just what I expect from the creators, but I really hope we'll see some npc throughout the worlds.

bric13

quick question and comment, how often does it usually take from the time of personal upload of the scans to the time of the full HQ scans of famitsu to come out? and def. pumped for the reaveled new worlds and gaming info that has been translated, cnt wait til' jump festa!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back