• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

So about that...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

StMRyEire

Website
www.youtube.com
So a few minutes ago, something popped into my head. With the whole 7 Lights vs. 13 Darknesses plot of Master Xehanort being revealed, how does it go about fighting them story wise? Will we actually get to battle all of the XIII? If so, how will this be done? Will it be like a massive battle royal or will we fight them in separate worlds? If it's the latter, does that ruin the whole collision of the seven lights and thirteen darknesses and thus foil Xehanort's plot?

For example: You're in [insert world that could be in KH3] and a member of the new Organization XIII appears. You have to battle them and defeat them and at the end, they disappear or die. Does that not throw a spanner in the works? You'll more than likely not get to fight any until the Keyblade Graveyard but that's just food for thought. I'm just under the impression that they are all supposed to clash at once but I'm more than likely gonna be wrong on this.

This is just something random that came into head and I'll part with my usual: if it's already being discussed, in the wrong place, etc., then close/move/merge it, if you'd please!

Waves_Blade

Probably BBS style, the final battle(s) take place in the KBGY, just not part of one whole battle.

The 7 lights fight the 13 darknesses in 1v1's 1v2's, maybe 1v3s?

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
This is what i'm picturing:

we get to play as all 7 guardians of light in a series of battle with the XIII Darknesses at Keyblade Graveyard. At the end at cutscene happens where the X-Blade is forged. KH is opened and MX enters it. Sora follows and we can explore around inside KH until we enter the area where the final battle takes place between a KH empowered MX and Sora, and there are probably some stages to that fight as well.

So Keyblade Graveyard is the pre-final world, then inside Kingdom Hearts itself is the final world.

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
Maybe we'll get to fight some of them on other worlds to "strengthen" the 7 lights like Vanitas did with Ven.
But like others have said, it'll probably be BBS esque final battles in Keyblade Graveyard. Maybe at the end MX realizes his plan to form the X-Blade failed and he takes Sora on one on one for the big final battle.

Awards
MX's dialogue seems to suggest that the 13 darknesses and 7 lights must be gathered all at once, so it's definitely a dilemma as to what happens if one of them dies prior to that battle.

One way of resolving it is, well, none of them die. I mean they can dodge a bullet with the whole time traveling plot device but even without that, doesn't mean we can't fight the 13 darkness before the end game.

KH3 is going to be even more packed villain-wise than KH2. KH2 had about half of Organization XIII while KH3 is set to have an entire neo-Organization XIII (plus even more protagonists). They simply can't save it all for the end. Now, with KH1 and KH2 there were about 13 worlds. So odds are KH3 will have about that many. I think it'd be reasonable that, in order to spread things out evenly, we simply get one Organization XIII member per world. That doesn't mean they have to die. We can still fight them and prevent them from whatever shenanigans they're up to in their respective Disney worlds, but yeah.

That really makes me wonder about how bosses are going to be divvied up for each world. One Disney boss, plus one Organization XIII boss? That works well but what about Heartless/Nobody boss fights? It'd be nice to get more than two boss fights per world buuut... who knows.

And then of course in the final battle I imagine that most of the Organization XIII member's fights will be relegated to cutscenes, especially considering that they'll probably be fighting other characters than Sora.
On that note, it seems to work out that each Guardian of Light will fight on average two Seekers of Darkness, except for one.

So you'd get, for example:
Sora fights MX, Riku fights Ansem and Xemnas, Mickey fights Isa and Braig, etc.
Or, of course, it's just mass chaos and everyone is fighting everyone lol.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
MX's dialogue seems to suggest that the 13 darknesses and 7 lights must be gathered all at once, so it's definitely a dilemma as to what happens if one of them dies prior to that battle.

One way of resolving it is, well, none of them die. I mean they can dodge a bullet with the whole time traveling plot device but even without that, doesn't mean we can't fight the 13 darkness before the end game.

KH3 is going to be even more packed villain-wise than KH2. KH2 had about half of Organization XIII while KH3 is set to have an entire neo-Organization XIII (plus even more protagonists). They simply can't save it all for the end. Now, with KH1 and KH2 there were about 13 worlds. So odds are KH3 will have about that many. I think it'd be reasonable that, in order to spread things out evenly, we simply get one Organization XIII member per world. That doesn't mean they have to die. We can still fight them and prevent them from whatever shenanigans they're up to in their respective Disney worlds, but yeah.

That really makes me wonder about how bosses are going to be divvied up for each world. One Disney boss, plus one Organization XIII boss? That works well but what about Heartless/Nobody boss fights? It'd be nice to get more than two boss fights per world buuut... who knows.

And then of course in the final battle I imagine that most of the Organization XIII member's fights will be relegated to cutscenes, especially considering that they'll probably be fighting other characters than Sora.
On that note, it seems to work out that each Guardian of Light will fight on average two Seekers of Darkness, except for one.

So you'd get, for example:
Sora fights MX, Riku fights Ansem and Xemnas, Mickey fights Isa and Braig, etc.
Or, of course, it's just mass chaos and everyone is fighting everyone lol.

I wouldn't worry about the number of bosses, the PS3 can deal with alot more bosses on each world. Plust since KH2 had 15 worlds, i'm expecting KH3 to have 18 maybe.

Awards
I wasn't concerned about space when I said that, I'm referring to whether or not the developers would actually take the time to do it.
It's pretty hasty to assume that just because it's on a next gen console, that that translates into getting more worlds. Content-wise we still might be getting the same amount of worlds... just, you know, with better graphics.

Also when I said "about 13 worlds," I wasn't counting every last one of them. For instance, 100 Hundred Acre Wood and Atlantica hardly count since they're mini-game worlds and lack legitimate boss fights. A case could also be made that Disney Castle and Timeless River count more or less as one world, what with DC only being a few rooms and having no boss fights.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
The 13 Xehanorts should only exist in the present if the Xehanort of the present exists within the flow of time at that time. Eliminate him from the flow of time (theoretically speaking, remove his heart from his body), and the Xehanorts should disappear, too.

Seighart

Awards
Well consider this. The Heartless and Nobodies will return. Heartless will be your reason for your first visit to a Disney world, your second visit, the Nobodies. The final world will be as Memory Master has stated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back